What's new

Can a Muslim say "Merry Christmas"?

Mr.Wick

Reaction score
Country
India
I am just curious to know that, is saying "Merry Christmas" a crime of some sort in Islam.

I mean no offenses to hurt anyone's emotions or any religious sentiments.It was this muslim girl that apparently wrote "Merry Christmas" on her FB wall and then all hell let loose on her.

P.S.:I sincerely apologise if this thread has hurt the beliefs of anyone and if so mods do feel free to delete the thread.(But please do not bann me!:unsure:)

Regards and Merry Christmas to all PDF members.:yahoo:

OMG I dealt with this issue last Christmas on another forum. I may have to repost... Sigh

did Jesus(peace be upon him) was born on 25 December? nope

If Xmas is really about celebration of his birth (actual date is unknown) then i don't see why Muslims will mind to say merry Xmas or even celebrate.

I see even atheist celebrate xmas for party stuff/drinking stuff..its more cultural festival in western countries than religious :)

In islam, if someone greets you, you say him equaly. Now if the greetings against islam, then we don't answer.

I see even atheist celebrate xmas for party stuff/drinking stuff..its more cultural festival in western countries than religious :)

Indeed, it is more cultural than religious.
Sort of like 'Bakra Eid' (the Goat Eid) in Pakistan. Hardly anyone ever thinks of the 'sacrifice' of Abraham. The Festival is mostly about (literally) feasting off animals' meat and show-off about who gets to sacrifice the biggest and baddest animal.

As far as Muslims are concerned, Jesus was a very high Prophet and hence celebration of his Birth should be a big deal.

Isn't it a shirk(i dont know what it is)?(no offenses meant)

You don't know what is shirk and you say is not it shirk ? lol

Shirk is attributing a partner or worship of anything other than one and only God(Allah as per islamic teaching)

You don't know what is shirk and you say is not it shirk ? lol

Shirk is attributing a partner or worship of anything other than one and only God(Allah as per islamic teaching)

LOL. Actually this question was there on the girls wall. So, i thought it might be something too offending and dangerous to write.

Jesus Christ (P.B.U.H) was a great Prophet in Islam if any muslim does not Believe in Jesus Christ (P.B.U.H) he/she is not a muslim.it is okay to happy christmas but i think one cant merry christmas because i think i heard about it some where nedds to check it out.but we can say happy christmas i am sure because i think merry got some other meaning

LOL. Actually this question was there on the girls wall. So, i thought it might be something too offending and dangerous to write.
oh man some idiot have wrote it because he would be really narrow minded and would think that christmas day when JESUS was born and according to christans he is a part of trinity which is the father the son and the holy ghost which they call jesus the son of God astaghfirullah thats why he might be offended but Jesus Christ (P.B.U.H) was a Great Prophet not son Of God.

There are many followers who don't even know what they are talking about. Peoples could have ignorance about their own religion :)

oh man some idiot have wrote it because he would be really narrow minded and would think that christmas day when JESUS was born and according to christans he is a part of trinity which is the father the son and the holy ghost which they call jesus the son of God astaghfirullah thats why he might be offended but Jesus Christ (P.B.U.H) was a Great Prophet not son Of God.

yes even Dr Zakir naik said this that when we say merry Xmas we agree with them that Jesus was nazubillah Son of God. We simply celebrate his coming and his message/ blessing he come up with. Why consider Christianity and Judaism monotheism then?

Secondly not all Christian believe in trinity(God is one but in three form) and last but not least why marrige is allowed with mushrik christian women. You cannot say merry xams to her but you can marry with her..how strange?

he is making some sense though

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom