What's new

Bush, Blair guilty in Malaysia 'war crimes trial'

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
Bush, Blair guilty in Malaysia 'war crimes trial'

AFP: Bush, Blair guilty in Malaysia 'war crimes trial'

(AFP) – 10 hours ago

KUALA LUMPUR — Former US president George W Bush and British ex-prime minister Tony Blair were Tuesday found guilty at a mock tribunal in Malaysia for committing "crimes against peace" during the Iraq war.

The Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Tribunal, part of an initiative by former Malaysian premier Mahathir Mohamad -- a fierce critic of the Iraq war -- found the former leaders guilty after a four-day hearing.

"The Tribunal deliberated over the case and decided unanimously that the first accused George Bush and second accused Blair have been found guilty of crimes against peace," the tribunal said in a statement.

"Unlawful use of force threatens the world to return to a state of lawlessness. The acts of the accused were unlawful."

Mahathir, who stepped down in 2003 after 22 years in power, unveiled plans for the tribunal in 2007 just before he condemned Bush and Blair as "child killers" and "war criminals" at the launch of an annual anti-war conference.

A seven-member panel chaired by former Malaysian Federal Court judge Abdul Kadir Sulaiman presided over the trial, which began last Saturday, and both Bush and Blair were tried in absentia.

"The evidence showed that the drums of wars were being beaten long before the invasion. The accused in their own memoirs have admitted their own intention to invade Iraq regardless of international law," it said.

The verdict is purely symbolic as the tribunal has no enforcement powers.

The tribunal is also expected to later hear torture and war crimes charges against seven others, including former US secretary of defence Donald Rumsfeld and former vice president Dick Cheney.

another nail in the coffin for the US containment strategy. everyone is waking up now from US propaganda and seeing what the US really is: a neo-imperialist state who seeks to maintain western domination in asia.

Being a convicted war criminal is not good, man. The penalty is death. You know what I am saying?

another nail in the coffin for the US containment strategy. everyone is waking up now from US propaganda and seeing what the US really is: a neo-imperialist state who seeks to maintain western domination in asia.

Oh god- must u insist on being a clown here? . you don't know it was a " a mock tribunal in Malaysia", as it clearly states! . :rofl: there is a nail in ya membrane... not in the coffin!

Why Indian sound happy for any cruel action against muslim states.?I hardly see you guys condemning.

Oh god- must u insist on being a clown here? . you don't know it was a " a mock tribunal in Malaysia", as it clearly states! . :rofl: there is a nail in ya membrane... not in the coffin!

This may be a mock trial but this has been done based on the allegation of war crime which was brought against them by Muhathir Mohammad and this is only attacking Iraq with fake evidence and without UN approval. next round of trial will be based on torturing the Iraqi and Afghan people in the prison camp.

N this trial result is now effective in Malaysia and Bush and Blair will not be able to visit Malaysia. If they do they will be arrested.

The same outcome is also expected in trial taking place be it in International Court of Justice or in USA or in UK.

This may be a mock trial but this has been done based on the allegation of war crime which was brought against them by Muhathir Mohammad and this is only attacking Iraq with fake evidence and without UN approval. next round of trial will be based on torturing the Iraqi and Afghan people in the prison camp.

N this trial result is now effective in Malaysia and Bush and Blair will not be able to visit Malaysia. If they do they will be arrested.

The same outcome is also expected in trial taking place be it in International Court of Justice or in USA or in UK.

let me get this- you are going to double down on his stupidity and say a " MOCK trails = actual law in Malaysia". you assert this in your capacity as the " undercover Malaysian law professor"?:rofl: it's blind leading the blind here lately...

let me get this- you are going to double down on his stupidity and say a " MOCK trails = actual law in Malaysia". you assert this in your capacity as the " undercover Malaysian law professor"?:rofl: it's blind leading the blind here lately...

Trail was conducted using mock tribunal and Malaysian Law .... by 7 member panel and a judge. This was not just a show off without using of any law or legal procedure. In the international arena it may not have much affect but this is the begging of the end of the days of Bush and Blair as sooner or later all will be charged with crime against humanity and war crime charges.

Trail was conducted mock tribunal using Malaysian Law .... by 7 member panel and a judge. This was not just a show off without using of any low or legal procedure. In the international arena it may not have much affect but this is the begging of the end of the days of Bush and Blair as sooner or later all will be charged with crime against humanity and war crime charges.

Hellooooo-- It still is a mock trial holding no legal basis. Can you comprehend the English language verbiage “Mock" somewhere in that noggin ?

this aint a question about the need to try Bush. I actually suppport Bush being tried in the US for breaking Laws . But that is not what we are discussing... we are discussing . how many fools does it take to get that the word " mock" does not hold legal basis.

Btw- how's your trail for getting justice for the hundreds of thousandsof bangladeshi's from pre independence going?

Hellooooo-- It is still is a mock trial holding no legal basis. Can you comprehend the English language verbiage “Mock" somewhere in that noggin ?

Thats not a mock trial but trial using mock tribunal. Troll just go n read my earlier comment as I said it may not have International affects but this is the beginning when soon real charges of war crime and crime against humanity will be brought against these war criminal masters of yours bush and blair be it in the International court of justice or in UK or in USA.

Go n have a chill pill... as the result is already known for those trial to all.

Thats not a mock trial but trial using mock tribunal. Troll just go n read my earlier comment as I said it may not have International affects but this is the beginning when soon real charges of war crime and crime against humanity will be brought against these war criminal masters of yours bush and blair be it in the International court of justice or in UK or in USA.

Go n have a chill pill... as the result is already known for those trial to all.

are you that naive to not even read your own posts or comprehend what you post before you post it?

.N this trial result is now effective in Malaysia

Malaysia and Indonesia must stand with China to oppose US and its puppets like Philippines. Never forget how the US has killed numerous Muslims both directly and indirectly since 2001.
Chinese Malaysians asking for too much :cool:
Chinese Malaysians asking for too much
By Zaini Hassan
Source – Straits Times, published Apr 30, 2010

WHAT else do Chinese Malaysians want? Let us put aside the reasons why they do not support the current government in Kuala Lumpur. Let us study first what else they want.

For that, we have to go back to history. The Chinese came to Malaya to seek opportunities. They had lived a hard life in mainland China for hundreds of years. Like the whites who migrated to the American continent because it was the land of opportunity, the Chinese migrated to Malaya to make their fortunes in this bountiful land.

The strategy of their forebears has borne fruit. The Chinese have attained what they wanted. They now live in the lap of luxury in this land of opportunity called Malaysia.

In fact, it is not only in Malaysia that they have attained what they wanted. They have even gained full control of Singapore.

Singapore is not their original country. The Singapore Chinese and the Malaysian Chinese were originally boat people.
The difference is that those who landed in Singapore managed to gain full control of Singapore, but those who landed in Malaysia did not manage to control Malaysia.

In Malaysia, the Chinese live in peace with the Malays, the indigenous people and the Indians. In comparison, in Singapore, the Chinese control politics and the Government. In Malaysia, the Malays still control politics and the government.

The systems of both governments are the same, but it is vice versa: The Malays dominate in Malaysia while the Chinese dominate across the Causeway.

In contrast, the Malays in Singapore and the Chinese in Malaysia are very different. The Malays in Singapore lead ordinary lives while the Chinese in Malaysia lead lives that are ‘more than ordinary’.

In fact, former Malaysian prime minister Mahathir Mohamad once stated that if all the Chinese-owned buildings in Kuala Lumpur were lifted from the map, only the buildings in Kampung Baru, a Malay area, would remain in the city.

All the other buildings are owned by Chinese Malaysians. The well-known shopping centres in Malaysia are owned by the Chinese.

The Chinese Malaysians are fantastic. They control all the cities and major towns in peninsular Malaysia, as well as Sabah and Sarawak.

They produce the largest number of, and the most successful, professionals. The school system of the Chinese Malaysians is the best among similar school systems in the world.

The Chinese account for most of the students studying in the best private colleges in Malaysia. The Malays can gain admission into only government-owned colleges of ordinary reputation.

With regard to corporate and private organisations, it is the Chinese who dominate. The Malays number just a few; most of them are low-level employees.

In fact, knowing Mandarin is a pre-requisite for applying for jobs in these organisations.

Finally, an annual survey by the Malaysian Business magazine has found that eight of the 10 richest people in Malaysia are Chinese. The following is the list of the 10 richest people in Malaysia:

Mr Robert Kuok Hock Nien
Mr Tatparanandam Ananda Krishnan
Tan Sri Lee Shin Cheng
Tan Sri Teh Hong Piow
Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay
Tan Sri Quek Leng Chan
Tan Sri Syed Mokhtar Al-Bukhary
Puan Sri Lee Kim Hua
Tan Sri Tiong Hiew King
Tan Sri Vincent Tan Chee Yioun
This is the reality in Malaysia, my beloved country. Is the current government, which has been in power for 52 years, cruel and totalitarian? What else do the Chinese Malaysians want?

I think I know, and I think you know too.
Chinese Malaysians asking for too much [Straits Times] « Wandering China
What else do the Chinese Malaysians want?
Wanna go against USA -VIetNam and other origin ASEAN ethnic ??

Mahathir never ceased to amaze me, he is still very eccentric. Try throwing in these two former world leaders in jail and see what happens. Malaysia Boleh!!!

Back
Top Bottom