What's new

Buddhist monks destroy Muslim shrine in Sri Lanka

Like wise there are many such example in Indian subcontinent. I will never make my religious structure near rival religious structure (If I am wise.).

What?Rival religious structures?lol.Countless Temples and Mosques stand next to each other in India.Most folks have no issues with it.I suggest you get with the program as well.

The only problem I have is both Temples and Mosques use loudspeakers and that too at 6 AM!!!

Why Muslims make there shrine and mosque so near to other religious structure???

1. Mosque near 1000 year old Kashi Vishwanath Temple
Kashi+Vishwanath+Temple+in+Varanasi.gif

2. Mosque near Golden temple
Golden%20Temple%20-%20a%20scenic%20view.JPG

3 Mosque near 1000 year old Mathura temple

IMG_1100.JPG

Like wise there are many such example in Indian subcontinent. I will never make my religious structure near rival religious structure (If I am wise.).

And your point is?-
Even red backs sometimes share their web space with black widows-

And your point is?-
Even red backs sometimes share their web space with black widows-

My point here is , "Islam is very intolerant towards other religions. Where Islam grows, other religion sink to minority." (Except Sufism, which some wahabi thought as non Islamic).

It was famous trick of middle age Islam to demolish others religious structure and erect there own Mosque. (You can see Mosque near Jews temples in Israel). That time Islam was powerful and there was no law, so They did it.

Now islam is weak and there is law, so other people are claiming there religious right.. Now the judiciary should come forward and do the justice..

What?Rival religious structures?lol.Countless Temples and Mosques stand next to each other in India.Most folks have no issues with it.I suggest you get with the program as well.

The only problem I have is both Temples and Mosques use loudspeakers and that too at 6 AM!!!

Brother when some one say "Hindu and Muslim is different culture, they are different nation"(Its famous quote of famous gentelman) how can you assume two rival structure can stay adjacent to each other??? Judiciary must pitch in and deliver the judgement.

In My village (Bhagalpur) Mosque and temple were near by, Every muharram procession Hindu create problem, every Durga Puja Muslim create problem. Later Administration (DM) erect a huge wall btwn those structure,now its peaceful.

Hindus challenge the land on which mosque was made, Its a time bomb, it may explode any time, if court will not give the judgement on proper time...

This is a despicable act and should not happen any where.

Why Muslims make there shrine and mosque so near to other religious structure???

2. Mosque near Golden temple
Golden%20Temple%20-%20a%20scenic%20view.JPG

3 Mosque near 1000 year old Mathura temple

IMG_1100.JPG

You are talking like naive kid who doesn't know History. But then they don't teach real history in our schools , they prefer secular history only.

This Kashi Vishwanath Temple isn't 1000 year old .
The current temple was built by Ahilya Bai Holkar, the Hindu Maratha queen of Malwa kingdom, in 1780.

The mosque you see adjacent to the hindu temple is called Gyanvapi Mosque - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia built by Mughal Emperor Aurangazeb . It is located north of Dashaswamedh Ghat, near Lalita Ghat along the river Ganga in Varanas at the original site of Kashi Vishwanath temple which was destroyed to bulid the mosque over it.

Mosque near 1000 year old Mathura temple

IMG_1100.JPG

The mosque is called Jama Masgid built by Abe-in-Nabir khan, the local moghul governer , in 1661 on the ruins of Govind Dev Temple destroyed under the instruction of Aurangazeb. Mathura was called as Islamabad at that time.

Here again the temple isn't 1000 year old . This called Krishna Janmabhooomi Temple or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kesava_Deo_Temple was bulit in 1965 after independence adjacent to the orginal temple site where mosque stands now

@ manas: because they are not 1000s year old, doesn't mean that I am entirely wrong. My point here is not age of the temples, buts something else, Hope you can find it from my posts...

My entire focus is on
"Judicial solution of these kind of problem."

Brother when some one say "Hindu and Muslim is different culture, they are different nation"(Its famous quote of famous gentelman) how can you assume two rival structure can stay adjacent to each other??? Judiciary must pitch in and deliver the judgement.

In My village (Bhagalpur) Mosque and temple were near by, Every muharram procession Hindu create problem, every Durga Puja Muslim create problem. Later Administration (DM) erect a huge wall btwn those structure,now its peaceful.

Hindus challenge the land on which mosque was made, Its a time bomb, it may explode any time, if court will not give the judgement on proper time...

I do not want to embark on a flame war on a touchy subject but look around you,there are bahzillions(not exaggerating,okay a little bit) of Temples and Mosque that stand next to each other.Most of such adjoining places of worship go on their daily routines with no issues cropping up between them.I lived in a locality nearby to both Mosques and Temples,never witnessed a single thing of the nature.But I do know that personal feuds get amplified by the parties involved playing the religion card.

What do you want the Judiciary to step in for? To determine whether every place of worship really belongs there? We live in nation that allows everybody to freely preach any religion of their choosing.As long as you own the plot of land,you can build a fake space-angel-mothership "religious" structure there.The courts wouldn't care.

Just one question;Will you faithfully accept and abide by the judgement if it went in favor of the Mosque?Tell me yes and I'll show you the face of a liar.

Anyway,let's desist from turning this thread about us,you began it so kindly end it.

@ manas: because they are not 1000s year old, doesn't mean that I am entirely wrong. My point here is not age of the temples, buts something else, Hope you can find it from my posts...

My entire focus is on
"Judicial solution of these kind of problem."

Its not just about you ,most ppl think the temples at Mathura and Varnasi 1000 years old and a mosque standing next themis sign of secularism of india, since they are not tought the real history. They aren't told the mosque standing next to temples are actually bulit on ruins of the temple site. The current temples are newer one and bulit much later after the destruction of original temple now occupied by mosque.

Talking up Judicial solutions , mosque at Mathura and Varnashi are protected by law now and can't be disputed . Its done in the secular(pseudo) tradition of India which belittles Hindu and Hindu religious sites.

First time in my life to hear about Buddhist monks behaving like this.

As far as i know Moors in Sri Lanka have been peaceful people throughout history. They have been prosecuted by Portuguese colonialists, by Tamil tigers and now by crazy monks... not good. Hope its just a small incident that wont create any animosity between Buddhists and Muslims in that country.

Probably the only place where Muslims act proper, right? Plz, how come you don;t hear **** about the crimes committed by Muslims against minorities?

This is Buddhist's ancient archaeological site, no one can build anything in these sites. Even the Buddhist monks can't change or add any new structure to their temples with out permission from Archaeological department.

This is the structure of which was removed. News heading is misleading, I don't see any Buddhist monks destroying anything. Police is there!

This is the structure which had removed.
a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a5.jpg

a7.jpg

a8.jpg

a3.jpg

I do not want to embark on a flame war on a touchy subject but look around you,there are bahzillions(not exaggerating,okay a little bit) of Temples and Mosque that stand next to each other.Most of such adjoining places of worship go on their daily routines with no issues cropping up between them.I lived in a locality nearby to both Mosques and Temples,never witnessed a single thing of the nature.But I do know that personal feuds get amplified by the parties involved playing the religion card.

What do you want the Judiciary to step in for? To determine whether every place of worship really belongs there? We live in nation that allows everybody to freely preach any religion of their choosing.As long as you own the plot of land,you can build a fake space-angel-mothership "religious" structure there.The courts wouldn't care.

Just one question;Will you faithfully accept and abide by the judgement if it went in favor of the Mosque?Tell me yes and I'll show you the face of a liar.

Anyway,let's desist from turning this thread about us,you began it so kindly end it.

I wish the world would be as perfect as you wish. But Alas! its not. I don't know how many Mosque-temple you have seen. Its always issue if temple and mosque made nearby.

This is my observation.

If judiciary gave a verdict, I doubt ppl will object it. Indians have great faith in judiciary.

Let me ask you something....

If by a stroke of immeasurable luck, the Islamic community was able to locate the burial place of the Prophet, do you think people will consider it unholy or not pay their respects to the place of burial just because it is "Haram"?

The place may not fall within "Islamic" principles, but it is still meant to honor a saint. It is still disrecpecting the dead....and a holy dead for that matter......
Would you be fine with the desecration of the place of burial of the prophet?

I dont understand how you can say things like "they did us a favor"

A shrine is a shrine because people believe in it....and with acts such as this...someones beliefs are being disrespected....
Why would one then care about your beliefs?

Dude, we know where the prophet is buried, and he's sent prayers from all that go to the pilgrimage. He's buried at Al-Masjid al-Nabawi. Watch the BBC documentary "The Life Of Prophet Muhammad," there was a sort of shrine near the prophet which was taken down so it doesn't become idolatry, and rightly so.

We don't make shrines for our saints out of respect simply because, I make it and see it as a sign of respect, but when future generations grow up, they'll start worshiping the shrine and asking for guidance and whatever else from the shrine. We believe you should only ask god directly for anything, not a shrine. No disrespect to Christianity (Catholics), but they ask statues of Jesus and the Virgin Mary for help in the Churches. If there were shrines in Islam, that's how we'd be today - which is contradictory to what the prophet of Islam and Jesus taught us. No one is more pious than the prophets, if they didn't want a shrine, then why make one for anyone else? Shrines lead to idol worship, thus, not allowed.

If I was a leader (a Muslim) of an area full of Hindus that had a shrine, I wouldn't destroy it because it's yours and your religion, but this is about Islamic shrines that shouldn't exist in the first place. Does that explain it better? I respect shrines of other religions, but there's no room for shrines in Islam - it's a basic principal! :thank_you2:

Salman108 - Thanks, bro!

Let me ask you something....

If by a stroke of immeasurable luck, the Islamic community was able to locate the burial place of the Prophet, do you think people will consider it unholy or not pay their respects to the place of burial just because it is "Haram"?

The place may not fall within "Islamic" principles, but it is still meant to honor a saint. It is still disrecpecting the dead....and a holy dead for that matter......
Would you be fine with the desecration of the place of burial of the prophet?

I dont understand how you can say things like "they did us a favor"

A shrine is a shrine because people believe in it....and with acts such as this...someones beliefs are being disrespected....
Why would one then care about your beliefs?

Oh, you are from Hindu-stan .... right !

Shrines, Dargah ... There is a reason the place is called Hindu-stan.

Same old....same old....
Muslims crying foul after getting a taste of their own medicine....

You guys are like...w.t.f, Buddhists being violent....it's the sole right of the Muslims to be violent....
It's only normal that Muslims won't practice religious tolerance.....but why will other religions do the same.....it's beyond imagination....isn't it??

Back
Top Bottom