What's new

Buddhist monks destroy Muslim shrine in Sri Lanka

The land is holy land. The shrine was a holy Islamic shrine. Since when does Buddhism or even Hinduism or Sikhism for that matter condone the destruction of anything associated with God or good ??? Your sentiment is just as flawed as those idiots who destroyed a mosque in India claiming that it was once a temple of Lord Raam. When they do meet Lord Raam, I guess that he stamped their tickets to Hell on the day that they stormed the holy site so they can burn in whatever inferno He created for their stupid bigotted egos similar to Ravanna. As for these so-called monks, they are a disgrace to a religion which preaches inner enlightment and peace with all living things

its not my sentiment or feeling, im just stating whats written in the article, and im darn against such destruction, u misunderstood me Buddy :)

Idiot monkeys, how dare they. Oh, wait...

taller_buddha_of_bamiyan_before_and_after_destruction.jpg

You reap what you sow, maybe?

I'm not advocating anyone burning or attacking any religious sites, but there is precedence...

taller_buddha_of_bamiyan_before_and_after_destruction.jpg

I'm not advocating anyone burning or attacking any religious sites, but there is precedence...

It is not about getting even, or taking an example from a precedence. It is about going against the fundamentals of their own religion.

If they ever do a destruction by citing the bringing down of Bamian Buddhas, then in essence they will be giving in to the ideology of the Taliban. Talibanis are violent and aggressive, and they want to spread the same. Non-violent and passive Buddhists turning violent and aggressive - who is losing and who is winning?

The best resistance to any ideology is to stick to one's own fundamentals. If even a single Buddhist in Sri Lanka thought of Bamian Buddhas while doing that destruction, then that would be the biggest disappointment for Gautam Buddha himself.

SL buddhist monks are known to be political and chauvinistic. They have spread hatred against the Tamils too. They have too much time in their hands.

Very BAd.

Srilankan How did you missed this news.

Because he himself is a Muslim don't wanna publicize this news much as it will have domestic and international repercussions.

1. Internally it can incite Sinhalese.

2. Internationally he want good relation with Muslim countries which will not possible with this kinds of news.

It is not a Muslim shrine, it is one of ancient Sinhalese king's cemetery located in a Buddhist archaeological site. I have the pic just a min I need to find it.

-------------

Here's the pic, in the back ground you can see an ancient Buddhist stupa.

31.jpg

Buddhist militancy anyone? :blink:

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

There is Taliban in Sri Lanka? :blink:

Technically, who really cares? Shrines aren't allowed in Islam, anyway! It leads to idolatry worship.

BBC News - Sri Lanka Buddhist monks destroy Muslim shrine

_55380446_demolition464.gif

The mob waved Buddhist flags and - in one picture - burnt a green Muslim flag. There have been no other reports of what happened.

Most of Sri Lanka's majority Sinhalese are Buddhist, and Muslims are regarded as a separate ethnic group.

In a recent newspaper column, a veteran Muslim journalist said there was a growing fear among his community that some people were running a campaign to incite the Sinhalese against them, including through Sinhalese websites and print media.

Srilankan Buddhists are Theravada Buddhists and they are extremely Hard core Right wingers.Go read up the history and u ll figure why the whole violence happened?Humans also need to be provoked to pick up a gun and go figure why and then give lectures on evil hindus.

Srilankan Buddhists are Theravada Buddhists and they are extremely Hard core Right wingers.Go read up the history and u ll figure why the whole violence happened?Humans also need to be provoked to pick up a gun and go figure why and then give lectures on evil hindus.

Thailand also follows Theravada Buddhism. They seem peaceful to me.

Now that is real nasty.

It must be a mazar like the same as Ajmer Sharif?

However, SL Buddhists are of the aggressive variety and deep into SL politics.

They assassinated their own PM, SWRD Bandaranaiake in 1956.

it was an evil act of a Buddhist monk named Talduwe Somarama!

Back
Top Bottom