What's new

Buddhist monks destroy Muslim shrine in Sri Lanka

in Ladakh the community is also divided ! well that has some other indians reasons of divide and rule.

Not quite.

It has legitimate concerns as opposed to this incident.

Here, these guys just went ahead in the whole emotional state and attacked a Muslim site without provocation.

Don't know but we cannot confirm what led to this violence.

Either it is a bunch of power-hungry monks, or some serious miscommunication that led to the violence.

@ Leader ...I truly don't understand what you are trying to say here. Don't bother attempting to clarify since it will just confuse me more (what does Ladakh have to do with Sri Lanka anyways??)

Buddhist population, though of different schools of thought.

That's the only thing common between the two places.

Recent incidents in Buddhist countries throughout the world indicate that....finally Buddhists are realizing, to prevent onslaught of the real 'religion of peace', they need to be 'peaceful' too.....:smokin:

bunch of power hungry retards who soil the name of the Buddha

Hey guys why are you so offensive and sensitive?!! Just to prove your secularism? This happens in IOK and Pkistan on daily basis.

Asd Forces destroyed 1350 Mosques in 2 years of time i.e each mosque destroyed every 13 Hours.

This is a small unwanted incident.

Hey guys why are you so offensive and sensitive?!! Just to prove your secularism? This happens in IOK and Pkistan on daily basis.

Asd Forces destroyed 1350 Mosques in 2 years of time i.e each mosque destroyed every 13 Hours.

This is a small unwanted incident.

You quoted a two year old post now?

Give too much power to any clergy in the world and this will happen. Power hungry people will always use religion to divide and persecute others. Its the duty of the Government to protect its minorities.

You quoted a two year old post now?

You are wrong It started 2 years back and continue till date. Pl Google search. There is a thread on PDF also.

Army shelling destroys historic Syrian shrine: NGO

i was in srilanka when this incident happened.. i got calls from pakistan to take care of myself but i wonder none of the Srilankan radio channels or newspapers reported this?? does govt in SL controls media??

part of the problem is most srilankan muslims are tamil and not sinhala.

That's a utter fallacy.. Majority of the Muslims are of Moorish (middle eastern) descent.. Though the majority of them speak Tamil almost all are trilingual.. Muslims of south Indian descendants of Malayali and Telingu people (from Malabar and Coromandel coasts) primarily reside in the Eastern and Northern provinces.. Although northern Muslims were ethnically cleansed by the LTTE at gun point now reside mainly in the North western districts of Puttalam and Mannar..

There is also a significant population of Malay muslims living in the south

You are wrong It started 2 years back and continue till date. Pl Google search. There is a thread on PDF also.

Army shelling destroys historic Syrian shrine: NGO

Read what i said in my original post and tell me what was wrong in it.

That's a utter fallacy.. Majority of the Muslims are of Moorish (middle eastern) descent.. Though the majority of them speak Tamil almost all are trilingual.. Muslims of south Indian descendants of Malayali and Telingu people (from Malabar and Coromandel coasts) primarily reside in the Eastern and Northern provinces.. Although northern Muslims were ethnically cleansed by the LTTE at gun point now reside mainly in the North western districts of Puttalam and Mannar..

There is also a significant population of Malay muslims living in the south

When i was in colombo,whoever i saw looked Malay if at all anything and I have seen many Tamil Muslims not calling themselves atmil and claling themselves Muslim by nationality.

When i was in colombo,whoever i saw looked Malay if at all anything and I have seen many Tamil Muslims not calling themselves atmil and claling themselves Muslim by nationality.

Well Muslims do consider themselves a separate ethnic group in the island except for the Malay who are distinct in culture and more secular at practising Islam.. Malay do live in Colombo and Hambantota in the deep south in large numbers.. But getting back to the point Muslims that consider themselves Tamil or of south Indian descent live mainly in the Eastern province, While the Moors are scattered all over especially in the central districts.. Generally Moorish Muslims tend to be more lighter skinned than their south Indian cousins

FYI these are the main ethnic groups on the island by population.. Sinhalese, Sri Lankan Tamil, Moors, Indian or plantation Tamils, Burghers(Eurasians) ,Malay and SL Chinese, Bohra, Sindi, Parsi, Kaffir(black) etc

Back
Top Bottom