What's new

Britain recognition for Pakistani Soldiers in WW1/WW2

Nowhere on the plaque is the word "Pakistan".

From the people of the United Kingdom in honour of:
(3 Recipients)
who were awarded the Victoria Cross, Britain's highest award for gallantry, during the First World War.

Keep crying indian, the British clearly mention in the article - the fact that they were Pakistani soldiers.

My grandfather, his brother and all his cousins fought for the British Indian army. Granddad saw action North Africa, then Europe i.e. Italy, as did his brother. The rest saw action in Burma and other parts of Asia. They have all died now, the last of them five years ago.

I am very proud of their achievements and I often tell of their experiences to the indigenous folk, who are fascinated to hear them.

Same here bro - had many relatives and fellow clan members serve in both World War's - the best thing is they saw the world and bought back those experiences to the Motherland.

Nowhere on the plaque is the word "Pakistan".

From the people of the United Kingdom in honour of:
(3 Recipients)
who were awarded the Victoria Cross, Britain's highest award for gallantry, during the First World War.

“I am proud to host today’s event in remembrance of those who fought so bravely during the First World War. As we honour Pakistan’s three recipients of the Victoria Cross, United Kingdom’s highest award for gallantry, we should remember the sacrifices made a century ago that helped shape our present world. People from different nations came together to uphold our way of life. Pakistan and the UK share deep and lasting ties of history and friendship; these ties are the bedrock of the strong relationship we have today,” said the British high commissioner to Pakistan, a statement read.

Source: Britain recognition for Pakistani Soldiers in WW1/WW2

Read it and weep, indian.

You are again an Idiot of a class. While you started on better note, You went ahead as full retard. I just asked a genuine question that it is kind of weird that they recognize WW1 Soldiers as Pakistani which doesn't exist by this name so how they were categorizing specifically. Now tell me if a Muhajir fought as Soldier what will be he considered?
Uncle! Can I ask you one simple and innocent question?
Can you tell me why indians often makes claims that all the empires from past were indians? Why you guys makes such claims? I mean why you guys say that Maurya, Pala empire and all others are indian empires, when it has nothing to do with india as india never existed before 1947.

Start with the Grukhas .. wasn't there was a hue and cry for not giving them citizenship? If am wrong please clarify.

No, as a matter of fact, you are absolutely correct! Also, there was a 'Brit woman' pleading their case also!

:pakistan:

Keep crying indian, the British clearly mention in the article - the fact that they were Pakistani soldiers.
Now if he talks sense so he ought to be an Indian. No dear he is an American of Pakistani origin and I am yet to find a single argument that he put forth that lacks logic!!

So if Brits recognizes the WWII soldiers as Pakistanis then why didn't they simply the word "Pakistan" on the plaque as well. I don't think there was anything wrong in that.

Last edited:
Funny thing is now every other Pakistani is claiming that thier families fought in world war. They very well know they wouldn't be able to prove but fekne mein kya jaata hai..

Anyways, there is nothing to be proud of fighting for the colonizers. These are the folks who also killed poor people on street on Brits order.

Now if he talks sense so he ought to be an Indian. No dear he is an American of Pakistani origin and I am yet to find a single argument that he put forth that lacks logic!!

So if Brits the WWII soldiers as Pakistanis then why didn't they simply the word "Pakistan" on the plaque as well. I don't think there was anything wrong in that.

The British high commissioner, clearly referred to them, as being Pakistani soldiers.

The British high commissioner, clearly referred to them, as being Pakistani soldiers.
Was it costing too much to put the same on the plaque? Also nobody knows what High commissioner really said. He is only claimed to have said that in a news report. Hardly any proof of your identity in those days

i would understand pakistanis considering 65 and 71 veterans as heroes.
but is fighting for a country that colonized you something to be proud of?

no one is considering their elders as heros, but they did fight and these people are mentioning it here.

Was it costing too much to put the same on the plaque? Also nobody knows what High commissioner really said. He is only claimed to have said that in a news report. Hardly any proof of your identity in those days

What does it matter - what we call our selves = and the express tribune is not the kind of newspaper that would claim this thing on their own, so we can pretty much confirm that is what the HC said.

They have citizenship now.
"If a man tells you he is not afraid to die he is either lying or he is a Gurkha"

"If a man tell you he is not afraid to die, he is either lying or a bangla deshi"

FTFY

Start with the Grukhas .. wasn't there was a hue and cry for not giving them citizenship? If am wrong please clarify.
There was a massive hue & cry few years ago when the then labour govt headed by Gordon Brown decided not to grant same rights to Gurkha veterans like the one enjoyed by British citizens, Massive public pressure forced the govt to do a u-turn. Got to admit...never seen before British people so united & fight for the rights of one community...& that too from a foreign country. Big thumbs up to Joanna Lumley!

Back
Top Bottom