What's new

Britain recognition for Pakistani Soldiers in WW1/WW2

Same here bro - had many relatives and fellow clan members serve in both World War's - the best thing is they saw the world and bought back those experiences to the Motherland.

Spot on bro. They bought back fighting experience, training and sheer sure raw guts, which gave Pakistan a large, all volunteer, professional fighting force, which very few countries obtained during independence. It was them who protected the fatherland during its infancy. We are forever grateful to them.

IMO the "identity" of soldiers in situations like these should be left to the successor nations. Bangladesh and Pakistan can celebrate the contributions of political figures from what is now Bangladesh as both Pakistani and Bangladeshi. Such figures would technically be "Pakistani", given that they fought for the creation of Pakistan and were initially her citizens, but they would also be Bangladeshi, in that they belonged to the lands that today form Bangladesh. It is a shared history, as is the case with the soldiers being honored here - they are both British and Pakistani.
Right on the Money!!!!! Even if all the successor states pay their respects to great warriors there is no harm in it...

The recognition is for the courage displayed by soldiers fighting in service of the sovereign of the time.

Please don't conflate the valor displayed by these men with the policies enacted by the rulers of the time, policies over which the average soldier had no control.
I am not criticizing the valor of soldiers, just saying that rewarding them 100 yrs after, well, seems ridiculous to me ...

My question is how Britishers Identified soldiers as Pakistani. It was British India then and hence soldiers should be referred as British Indians. Does anyone know how they categorized?

Once Upon a time India was ruled by "ChandraGupta Maurya" . The was Neighboring Nation Name "Pakistan" who was ruled by Followers of Allah!, The Allah Followers captured India and ruled for 2000 years 2000 Century BC to 1 AD.

The Allah Followers (Muslim ) from Islamic country Pakistan have ruled Europe,USA,Australia and Mars from 10,000 BC to 1 AD.

in 2014 British, Americans and Mars have paid there request to Allah followers and there country for civilization these Pakistani brought for 10,000 years on earth.

Once Upon a time India was ruled by "ChandraGupta Maurya" . The was Neighboring Nation Name "Pakistan" who was ruled by Followers of Allah!, The Allah Followers captured India and ruled for 2000 years 2000 Century BC to 1 AD.

The Allah Followers (Muslim ) from Islamic country Pakistan have ruled Europe,USA,Australia and Mars from 10,000 BC to 1 AD.
Let me paraphrase to correct the above, "Once upon a time a King named ChandraGupta Maurya" conquered and ruled large parts of South Asia."

There were various other Kings and Kingdoms in the neighborhood, and there was no concept of a nation State called "India". By your yardstick large parts of the world should be considered Greece or Rome or Mongolia.

They were rewarded for their services in that time, it doesnt make sense, they fought for crown from which we got independence then, contradictions.
Being compensated by the sovereign of the time is not the same as having their valor recognized by the nation of the peoples they belong to.

As all good soldiers, they fought for the sovereign of the time. Soldiers are not supposed to make policy - they are trained to implement it. Even the Muslim League under Jinnah and Congress under Nehru/Gandhi cooperated with the British government (albeit with an end goal to gain independence) and worked under the process established by the ruling sovereign of the time.

My
Being compensated by the sovereign of the time is not the same as having their valor recognized by the nation of the peoples they belong to.

As all good soldiers, they fought for the sovereign of the time. Soldiers are not supposed to make policy - they are trained to implement it. Even the Muslim League under Jinnah and Congress under Nehru/Gandhi cooperated with the British government (albeit with an end goal to gain independence) and worked under the process established by the ruling sovereign of the time.
My friend, working under process established and working for the interests of Masters is different thing, i dont think u believe those soldiers got u independence , did they ? Well, Jinnah did. So we recognize him, if any soldiers got me this , well, i would be happy to recognize him too, as for fighting for masters, u get rewarded from masters, not from others.

My
My friend, working under process established and working for the interests of Masters is different thing, i dont think u believe those soldiers got u independence , did they ? Well, Jinnah did. So we recognize him, if any soldiers got me this , well, i would be happy to recognize him too, as for fighting for masters, u get rewarded from masters, not from others.
The soldiers fought against the Nazi's and helped end the holocaust and helped save the world from a Nazi reign of terror (had the Hitler won). That was a very worthy cause they fought for.

There were 'Pakistani' soldiers during WWI and WWII??? :woot:

Wow! I need to revisit history!! :cheesy:

The soldiers fought against the Nazi's and helped end the holocaust and helped save the world from a Nazi reign of terror (had the Hitler won). That was a very worthy cause they fought for.
Out of the point.
Did Nazi's started world war 1 ? There was no holocaust before world war 1. I think u forgot which war is under discussion.
and these soldiers fought against Ottomans, helped Britishers take over Palestine which resulted in Israel and goes on the big holocaust .. so ? I am sure u will not say these soldiers responsible for it, will u ?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom