What's new

Britain recognition for Pakistani Soldiers in WW1/WW2

Let me paraphrase to correct the above, "Once upon a time a King named ChandraGupta Maurya" conquered and ruled large parts of South Asia."

There were various other Kings and Kingdoms in the neighborhood, and there was no concept of a nation State called "India". By your yardstick large parts of the world should be considered Greece or Rome or Mongolia.

Oh! Genius..

I think Arrian was fool.. Pakistanis are most intelligent ppl.. India was never a country, And Islam was Since Birth of Cosmos.. Oh! son of Adam, give me more gyan..

Book of Arrian where he mention India: Internet History Sourcebooks

You Muslims are so brainwashed that you try to prove that India was a non existing entity and it was born after 1947. Its what you have been taught. India had democracy much before Islam was born.

India was nation state, Republic, Kingdom , Ancient democracy, Modern democracy at different point of time. The smaller unit was called king (Raja) and group of king was called Maharaja (king of king). King had autonomy . Just think it as republic of state with autonomy to each state.

Oh! Genius..

I think Arrian was fool.. Pakistanis are most intelligent ppl.. India was never a country, And Islam was Since Birth of Cosmos.. Oh! son of Adam, give me more gyan..

You Muslims are so brainwashed that you try to prove that India was a non existing entity and it was born after 1947. Its what you have been taught. India had democracy much before Islam was born.
So your democracy tell u to behave like an arrogant child ? to tell other people that they are brainwashed ?? if it is like this, u won , get ur prize from some raja.

Seriously i dont know why this type of people exist, for spreading hatred only. :/

Oh! Genius..

Book of Arrian where he mention India: Internet History Sourcebooks

India was nation state, Republic, Kingdom , Ancient democracy, Modern democracy at different point of time. The smaller unit was called king (Raja) and group of king was called Maharaja (king of king). King had autonomy . Just think it as republic of state with autonomy to each state.
Yes genius, he's referring to a region, not a Nation-State, and he points out physical and linguistic differences between the inhabitants of the region.

Out of the point.
Did Nazi's started world war 1 ? There was no holocaust before world war 1. I think u forgot which war is under discussion.
and these soldiers fought against Ottomans, helped Britishers take over Palestine which resulted in Israel and goes on the big holocaust .. so ? I am sure u will not say these soldiers responsible for it, will u ?
WW II is within the context, because the discussion is about honoring the valor of soldiers from what is today Pakistan. The same arguments apply (without the Nazi reference) to the valor displayed by soldiers from what is now Pakistan in fighting the enemies of the State at that time in point.

O! great chosen one, The defender of greatest relion on earth, See how Megasthenese(the Kaffir) disagree with you..

India, which is in shape quadrilateral, has its eastern as well as its western side
bounded by the great sea
, but on the northern side it is divided by Mount Hemodos from
that part of Skythia which is inhabited by those Skythians who are called the Sakai, while
the fourth or western side is bounded by the river called the Indus, which is perhaps the
largest of all rivers in the world after the Nile. The extent of the whole country from east
to west is said to be 28,000 stadia (28000X600ft), and from north to south 32,000(32,000X600ft). Being thus of such
vast extent, it seems well-nigh to embrace the whole of the northern tropic zone of the
earth, and in fact at the extreme point of India the gnomon of the sundial may frequently
be observed to cast no shadow, while the constellation of the Bear is by night invisible,
and in the remotest parts even Arcturus disappears from view. Consistently with this, it is
also stated that shadows there fall to the southward.

O! Follower of Islam, We Indian never exit on earth only Islam exist , Before Muhammad told Islam and before Al-aha(the moon god) become Allah. There was darkness..

Reference: http://www.sdstate.edu/projectsouthasia/upload/Megasthene-Indika.pdf
Stadion (unit of length) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I gave you proof O! Momin. Now show some mercy on this Kaffir..

Yes genius, he's referring to a region, not a Nation-State, and he points out physical and linguistic differences between the inhabitants of the region.

Modern nation state is concept after French revolution, before it there were
1. Kingdom
2, Theological state
3. Kingdom of Kindoms
4. Democracy (Indian democracy, roman democracy and greek democracy)
5. Country like Csina (Kingdoms)

U read it as u want.. U can believe on a fable (Adam-eve) But u will not believe history, why? Because it is not written in your holy book? Or ur religion is stopping you from finding truth?

Modern nation state is concept after French revolution, before it there were
1. Kingdom
2, Theological state
3. Kingdom of Kindoms
4. Democracy (Indian democracy, roman democracy and greek democracy)
5. Country like Csina (Kingdoms)

U read it as u want.. U can believe on a fable (Adam-eve) But u will not believe history, why? Because it is not written in your holy book? Or ur religion is stopping you from finding truth?
And India (as referred to historically) was a bunch of independent and different Kingdoms, and no more of a "Single nation-State" than the Greek, Roman, Mongolian, Mughal or Arab empires/kingdoms.

O! great chosen one, The defender of greatest relion on earth, See how Megasthenese(the Kaffir) disagree with you..

India, which is in shape quadrilateral, has its eastern as well as its western side
bounded by the great sea
, but on the northern side it is divided by Mount Hemodos from
that part of Skythia which is inhabited by those Skythians who are called the Sakai, while
the fourth or western side is bounded by the river called the Indus, which is perhaps the
largest of all rivers in the world after the Nile. The extent of the whole country from east
to west is said to be 28,000 stadia (28000X600ft), and from north to south 32,000(32,000X600ft). Being thus of such
vast extent, it seems well-nigh to embrace the whole of the northern tropic zone of the
earth, and in fact at the extreme point of India the gnomon of the sundial may frequently
be observed to cast no shadow, while the constellation of the Bear is by night invisible,
and in the remotest parts even Arcturus disappears from view. Consistently with this, it is
also stated that shadows there fall to the southward.

O! Follower of Islam, We Indian never exit on earth only Islam exist , Before Muhammad told Islam and before Al-aha(the moon god) become Allah. There was darkness..

Reference: http://www.sdstate.edu/projectsouthasia/upload/Megasthene-Indika.pdf
Stadion (unit of length) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I gave you proof O! Momin. Now show some mercy on this Kaffir..
So he described the "shape" and "size" of a region, what about it?

read this also O! Son of Adam

Mahajanapada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of the oldest form of democracy...

India and China are oldest existing culture/Civilization on earth. Rest Civilization were consumed by terrorists (More Barbaric Civilization)....
get over it my Indian friends, Britain has not done something out of the ordinary
only a handful of people with origins in current Pakistan got a recognition and thats just not acceptable for you guys?

get over it my Indian friends, Britain has not done something out of the ordinary
only a handful of people with origins in current Pakistan got a recognition and thats just not acceptable for you guys?

There are well over a hundred other recipients of the Victoria Cross from the subcontinent that have already been recognized, if I am not mistaken, Sir.

Until recently there was a racial bias in the honour of Commonwealth soldiers with Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa being the only ones honoured. Unfortunately it has now gone too far the other way and now the contributions from Australia and New Zealand are increasingly being ignored in favour of those from Africa and Asia. We should honour everybody and not have any bias.

Agreed.

However I beg to disagree with the use of race in the military brass's recognition of soldier's bravery.

May be there was, who knows.

But my family elders who served with honor and distinctions during WW-1 and WW-2, remembered their British superiors as fair and honest.

Now if you were a sepoy (private) and your British Sergeant (most likely a while dude) gave you hell on the parade ground, was that racial bias or military style.

It depends on specific situation and how people perceived it back then.

Coming back to honoring. Yeah I have noticed that Canadian WW-1 had lot more victoria crosses compared to the ones from Pakistan, India.

Should I consider it racial bias?

None based on the stories of elders.

or perhaps a lot if I use political correctness of 2014.

So it is all in perspective and perception of yours and mine.

But I tend to not superimpose 2014 views on 1910 or 1940.

Ours are martial nations, and thus tend to be less "touchy feely" and less "politically correct".

you get up in the moring as a soldier.

Give hell to your enemy, and if you survive, you get some zzees and do the same the next day.

Medals and certificates? Who the heck cares.

All Pakistani must read this...

http://www.sdstate.edu/projectsouthasia/upload/Megasthene-Indika.pdf

This is there history as well... Before they were forced to Arabic religion, This is what they were...

Can a Pakistani or a Bengali come and claim your house in Bihar under the name of Mogal kings?

Not only that, he even tries to rob you of your Bihari history too.

How would you feel as a Bihari that a guy from another part is now claiming that every thing you own or your granpappy owned belongs to him.

Answer: Anarchy.

So please do not be anarchist.

And allow others to have their history and their traditions and

keep yours.

If your granpappy served in WW-1 and he was born and raised in Bihar, then claim your ancestry.

If not, then don't burn in hell of jealousy.

thank you.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom