What's new

Britain could get Muslim and Hindu Bank Holidays

really last I checked that wasnt the case in Germany, France, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Hungary , Austria, Finland, nor UK...which European country are you picking out?

There are many natives who dont even like the Right winged parties hence they dont win much seats in most countries so again may I ask which countries are your majority that you keep bringing up?
To be fair in the uk ukip won the most seats in the recent uk eu parliament election

Here, a Pakistani source for you to read Talon.
Coronation of the far-right in Europe

""On May 25, citizens across the European Union voted on who will lead the Bloc for the next five years. Results led to historical wins for far-right parties in Britain, France, Austria and Denmark. Now, Eurosceptics are poised to hold almost 30 per cent of the 751 seats when the Parliament convenes in June.

The most surprising results were reported from France. In what has been dubbed an “earthquake”, the Front National won 25 per cent of votes with an anti-European Union, anti-immigration and anti-globalisation platform.""

Sufficient?

Well it is a hobby of mine to point out facts...there is a reason it is called bitter truth!
Either you are incapable of understanding what I am repeatedly pointing out to you, or you are deliberately acting thick. Stop confusing your views as 'facts'.
Whether I am an Islam lover or Islamphobe or Islamxyz, focus on the message instead of the person. Generally trying to discredit the person is a typical tactic and trait of Islamists.
So...once again. Focus on the top part of the quote, not this part, your favourite in which you give judgements on other people.

Here, a Pakistani source for you to read.

""On May 25, citizens across the European Union voted on who will lead the Bloc for the next five years. Results led to historical wins for far-right parties in Britain, France, Austria and Denmark. Now, Eurosceptics are poised to hold almost 30 per cent of the 751 seats when the Parliament convenes in June.

The most surprising results were reported from France. In what has been dubbed an “earthquake”, the Front National won 25 per cent of votes with an anti-European Union, anti-immigration and anti-globalisation platform.""

Sufficient?
Why Pakistani source? Oh yea Indians demand Indian source if they are challenged!

Either you are incapable of understanding what I am repeatedly pointing out to you, or you are deliberately acting thick. Stop confusing your views as 'facts'.
Whether I am an Islam lover or Islamphobe or Islamxyz, focus on the message instead of the person. Generally trying to discredit the person is a typical tactic and trait of Islamists.
So...once again. Focus on the top part of the quote, not this part, your favourite in which you give judgements on other people.
Well, I am only telling you what you guys want to hear...

Anything against America = Conspiracy
Any lies for America = Truth
Any lies against Israel =Conspiracy
Any conspiracy supporting Israel = truth

And that is how everything works...

Why Pakistani source? Oh yea Indians demand Indian source if they are challenged!
""On May 25, citizens across the European Union voted on who will lead the Bloc for the next five years. Results led to historical wins for far-right parties in Britain, France, Austria and Denmark.

Euroskeptic election surge gives EU a headache| Reuters
Across the continent, anti-establishment parties of the far right and hard left more than doubled their representation, harnessing a mood of anger with Brussels over austerity, mass unemployment and immigration.

European Elections 2014: German Party Dubbed 'Neo Nazis' Among Far Right Projected To Win Seats
Elsewhere, the far-right Danish People's party won nearly 27% of the vote and doubled its number of MEPs, ahead of the ruling Social Democrats on 20%. Finland's anti-immigration Finns party increased its number of MEPs to two, but its share of the vote has dropped.

In Austria, the far-right Freedom Party won more than a fifth of all votes cast, placing it third overall.

In Greece, the extremist Golden Dawn party gained 9% of the vote and are expected to enter the EU Parliament for the first time. But the radical left-wing Syriza party, the most popular opposition party, came top in the country with 26% of the vote.

Muslims are ok, but why hindus?

Hindus are insignificant non-important people unlike Muslims. Moreover, they are very few in numbers.

Because Hindus are integrated (at least more than Muslims) into British society, they learned how to live in coexistence and dont live in parallel societies.

Furthermore they do not try to come up with insane ideas like sharia law.

PS: I am not Hindu nor will such a petition get through.

Good...

Not sure how you missed these important blocks of information:

Across the continent, anti-establishment parties of the far right and hard left more than doubled their representation, harnessing a mood of anger with Brussels over austerity, mass unemployment and immigration.

While the center-right and center-left will continue to control more than half of the 751 seats in the EU legislature, they will face an unprecedented challenge from noisy insurgents determined to stop business as usual in the 28-nation bloc.

The anti-EU vote was amplified in many countries by a low turnout of just 43.1 percent, but the pro-European center ground held firm in Germany, the EU's biggest member state with the largest number of seats, as well as Italy and Spain.

Good...

Not sure how you missed this block:

While the center-right and center-left will continue to control more than half of the 751 seats in the EU legislature, they will face an unprecedented challenge from noisy insurgents determined to stop business as usual in the 28-nation bloc.

The anti-EU vote was amplified in many countries by a low turnout of just 43.1 percent, but the pro-European center ground held firm in Germany, the EU's biggest member state with the largest number of seats, as well as Italy and Spain.
Ofcourse I didnt miss it.
I said increasingly, the people of Europe are against immigration and what these immigrants or their progeny are doing in their nations.

Which is why more and more people are voting for the Right wingers in Europe. Give it time, it will only increase.

Yeah I know this since couple of weeks. Filed petition couple of weeks ago, also requested on FB for more n more people

Ofcourse I didnt miss it.
I said increasingly, the people of Europe are against immigration and what these immigrants or their progeny are doing in their nations.

Which is why more and more people are voting for the Right wingers in Europe. Give it time, it will only increase.
A lot of things are on the increase and none of them sounds like you ...I was talking about their right to ask for votes for such holidays while you were trying to push in your point that it is wrong and foreigners are not being accepted and and everything negative issued with it just like a common right winged! :enjoy:

You dont need to justify...least of all to Pakistani's .You are Indian, that is enough.
the thread is about both Hindu and Muslim holidays you dont need to be an *** all the time or is it just infront of Pakistanis?!

A lot of things are on the increase and none of them sounds like you ...I was talking about their right to ask for votes for such holidays while you were trying to push in your point that it is wrong and foreigners are not being accepted and and everything negative issued with it just like a common right winged! :enjoy:

The point was that the more these immigrants and progenies ask for such things as Eid Holidays or Diwali Holidays or sharia laws or issues like woolwich murder...the more the Right wing parties in Europe will gain.

The result of the past actions of these people is visible to you- in the results of these right wing parties already.

Appeasement politics of india seems to be spreading in UK too.What next?Reservations?Slippery road this.

Appeasement politics of india seems to be spreading in UK too.UK gone soft.
Its all across Europe. But just like India, tired of appeasement politics,voted for a Right of Center party. Similarly All across Europe, Right of Center and Far Right parties are gaining vote share and even winning.

The point was that the more these immigrants and progenies ask for such things as Eid Holidays or Diwali Holidays or sharia laws or issues like woolwich murder...the more the Right wing parties in Europe will gain.

The result of the past actions of these people is visible to you- in the results of these right wing parties already.
it is surprising no one mentioned his mentality while every white gets a mental stamp when he kills :unsure:

Well the goray came brought their culture and Asians stuck it like a sticker to their hearts...i remember when in school (Not in Pakistan never schooled there) we were told "as a joke" that the whites cant live in different environments and that is why during colonial rules they brought their culture and "introduced" it to Asians/ Africans and S.Americans....from bringing in furniture to even their pet cat...

Now when the situation is turned why all the crying?

Ask any European ...most have at least eaten sushi, curry or noodles or even all 3....Ask any European a large portion would have bought something from an "Asian shop" or an "Asian thing" (cloth, food) ..I am yet to meet a European who hasnt eaten something Asian (curry, noodles or Sushi) or hasnt visited at least 1 city in Asia or hasnt got a souvenir from an Asian friend ...many have all three of the mentioned ...So mind you it isnt a growing trend as one depicts it to be! I have seen soo many tourists or even teachers coming in to Asia ...Thailand, Vietnam, Pakistan, Dubai , Malaysia, Singapore...not just as tourists but many coming to live...so I dont see what is their problem if the gesture is returned...and not until I meet some maniac who actually says what the news media tells you guys I aint gonna believe ...politics is a dirty game...rest is up to you what to believe and how negative to live!

Those petitions are really ridiculous.

U.K. is a secular country and should remain that way.

Doing so will only open the Pandora's box.

Britain could soon get its first Muslim and Hindu Bank Holiday days after a petition to Downing Street reached 119,000 signatures.

Any petition to the Government that hits more than 100,000 signatures must be debated in Parliament under rules established in 2011.

If a new Bank Holiday weekend is created it would be the first non-Christian religious holiday in the UK.

Diwali is celebrated by Hindus in the Autumn as the ‘Festival of Lights’.

Eid is held at the end of Ramadan when Muslims break their fast.

pet.jpg

The petition, on epetitions.direct.gov.uk, was created by Jon Timmis calls for the Muslim festval Eid and Hindu festival of Diwali to become public holiday days.

Mr Timmis says doin gthis would go some way ‘to help recognise the importance of these faiths to many within the community’.

The petition is due to close on July 12th but is understood to have already been passed to the Backbench Business Committee, which considers the suitability of petitions for debate.

Vinod Popat, chairman of The British Hindu Voice, said he didn’t think it was a good idea- especially as Diwali is not given a set date and depends on a lunar calendar,.

‘I don’t think it is a very good idea. How many festivals are there for other religions. Should they all be marked with a public holiday?,’ he told the Sunday Express.
Britain currently has eight bank holidays each year – the second lowest in the world. Mexico has the lowest.

Britain could get Muslim and Hindu Bank Holidays | Metro News

Not at all required, people go there to work hard and earn money, not to dance around in Diwali/Holi or Eid.

Back
Top Bottom