What's new

Britain could get Muslim and Hindu Bank Holidays

what will you miss. chrismas shopping is for a month. what else do you do during chrismas.

But our offices are shut during xmas and Christmas time I have no choice but to take it off! nobody is going to be there lol unless I turn up on my own haha

Christmas I do what most English do eat like pig and get pissed :lol: and watch the Queens speech and followed by Eastenders xmas special while I sip my whiskey

But our offices are shut during xmas and Christmas time I have no choice but to take it off! nobody is going to be there lol unless I turn up on my own haha
lolz.. imagine you get leave during off season... is it tough to sit idle for 2 days.. :coffee:

lolz.. imagine you get leave during off season... is it tough to sit idle for 2 days.. :coffee:

This is never going to pass anyway as Diwali and Eid dates changes every year according to the lunar cycle so how can they give bank holidays for it?

Muslims are ok, but why hindus?

Hindus are insignificant non-important people unlike Muslims. Moreover, they are very few in numbers.

Very true :woot:

This is never going to pass anyway as Diwali and Eid dates changes every year according to the lunar cycle so how can they give bank holidays for it?

Very true :woot:
not bank holiday .. make it optional holiday. Those who want can take it.

I am aware that UK has more issues of integration compared to US.

I have rights to encourage something in Britain. Just like Britishers frequently exercise the right to comment on Indian affairs and tell us about Indian issues.

Diversity is good to an extent. Just as @Audio also mentioned in another thread. There is only so much space for those from different cultural background. If you allow them to run wild in your country, your country will become something that resembles the home country of the migrants - in effect a craphole.

There is a reason why so many countries now just allow students to come and study in their Universities and dont allow them to take up jobs in the country. Even UK has made this very clear. Why do you think they are doing it? Because they realize that these people coming over are swamping them. This is a clear result of what is happening in UK.

There is no virus in my mind. Try to stop YOUR personal attacks on me and other people.
Why do you think there are issues like woolwich murder? What is Sharia4UK? What are the no go zones.

Or attempts to Islamize schools, the investigation for which paints a depressing picture of what was happening in those schools!

When these people who maybe britons but are from a background wherein they want to systematize and legalize discrimination like sharia demand it, you realize that multiculturalism has failed.

And what is happening all across the west, in terms of their policies for citizenship and naturalization - from UK to US to Australia is a reflection of all that I have mentioned.

You may try to wish it away, but it wont make any difference on the ground.

More personal attacks. Do you know anything else apart from this?

Wow Contrarian, you are batting for a Christian Britain but you want a secular India. Why not a Hindu India?

Wow Contrarian, you are batting for a Christian Britain but you want a secular India. Why not a Hindu India?
I want a secular Britain with a Christian ethos.
I want a secular India with a Dharmic ethos.

I want a secular Britain with a Christian ethos.
I want a secular India with a Dharmic ethos.

How does Britain stay secular if all its Holidays are Christian holidays? How does India maintain its Dharmic ethos if non Dharmic traditions and religions have equal weightage?

How does Britain stay secular if all its Holidays are Christian holidays? How does India maintain its Dharmic ethos if non Dharmic traditions and religions have equal weightage?
I used the word ethos did I not. Comprehension issues maybe?
USA is Secular but has a Christian ethos. France is secular but has a Christian ethos. How difficult do you find this?

because majority of ethnic britishers are christians(though many are converting to atheism now)..hindus,muslims,sikhs are recent arrivals from south and west asia...and of merely 50 years old...
but its not in the case of India,where muslims,christians,sikhs are converts from hindus ..ie ethnic converts...

Muslims are ok, but why hindus?

Hindus are insignificant non-important people unlike Muslims. Moreover, they are very few in numbers.

The whole world loves Muslims for exactly this compassion for other religions that you displayed.Ohh.....wait troll alert.

because majority of ethnic britishers are christians(though many are converting to atheism now)..hindus,muslims,sikhs are recent arrivals from south and west asia...and of merely 50 years old...
but its not in the case of India,where muslims,christians,sikhs are converts from hindus ..ie ethnic converts...

Majority of Indians are Hindus too. Hindus, Muslims, and Sikhs have been in Britain for more than a century now and are not by any means new arrivals. Jews have been there as long as Christians. If you go back to antiquity, Britain was a pagan stronghold and Christianity is not native to Britain and even they are converts from paganism. Even as of today overwhelming majority British are no more Christians. So really all your argument does is show your bias in favor of Christianity.

I used the word ethos did I not. Comprehension issues maybe?
USA is Secular but has a Christian ethos. France is secular but has a Christian ethos. How difficult do you find this?

ethos
ˈiːθɒs/
noun
  1. the characteristic spirit of a culture, era, or community as manifested in its attitudes and aspirations.
Ethos as in character. How does the state supporting only Christian religious holiday make it an ethos and non religious? If by Christian ethos do you mean the characteristic spirit of Christian belief considering all non-Christians as children of lesser god and seek such status for its non-Christian citizens, then how can UK, USA, or France be secular?

secular
ˈsɛkjʊlə/
adjective
  1. 1.
    not connected with religious or spiritual matters.
    "secular buildings"
    synonyms:non-religious, lay, non-church, temporal, worldly, earthly, profane;

And if religious holidays have nothing to do with religions but character of the society, then how about banning all non-dharmic religious holidays in India too so that we can have Dharmic ethos only in India too.

Last edited:
Majority of Indians are Hindus too. Hindus, Muslims, and Sikhs have been in Britain for more than a century now and are not by any means new arrivals. Jews have been there as long as Christians. If you go back to antiquity, Britain was a pagan stronghold and Christianity is not native to Britain and even they are converts from paganism. Even as of today overwhelming majority British are no more Christians. So really all your argument does is show your bias in favor of Christianity.
majority of Indians are hindus,true...but India is a diverse society consisting of numerous ethnic and linguistic groups...unlike britan,minorities form sizeable population among malayalis,konkanis,kashmiris,punjabis,sikkimise and among north eastern tribes..minorities are majority in 3-4 states of India and in union territory of lakshadweep...

majority of Indians are hindus,true...but India is a diverse society consisting of numerous ethnic and linguistic groups...unlike britan,minorities form sizeable population among malayalis,konkanis,kashmiris,punjabis,sikkimise and among north eastern tribes..minorities are majority in 3-4 states of India and in union territory of lakshadweep...

Majority of British are of Christian heritage, true....but Britain is a diverse society consisting of numerous ethnic and linguistic groups. Like India, minorities form sizeable population among English, Scotts, Welsh, Irish....minorities are majority in 3-4 cities of UK like London, Leicester, Birmingham.

Back
Top Bottom