What's new

Britain and China pledge closer military ties

Rivals? How did you jump to that conclusion. And i would like to make a point here its france who is hostile towards muslim world.
Eg - Nicolas Sarkozy: burqa not welcome in France - Telegraph

Link for that second point of your's.

They dont trust, Hell yeah. Who does in this world? :azn:
Everyone is up for their own interest and same goes with European continent.

Western Whites' domination and colonization over the World again :rofl:

But UK is falling, you must face reality!

Western Whites' domination and colonization over the World again :rofl:

But UK is falling, you must face reality!
Mr. Sino, the recent enhancement of ties is as a result of the severe crunch that the European arms industry is facing in recession. I assure you that despite some sales possible, there will be very limited defense sales between European countries (barring France) and China. This is so because if a European country makes the mistake of crossing the line, it will earn the displeasure of United States and risk expulsion from NATO, which no member country wants.

Rivals? How did you jump to that conclusion. And i would like to make a point here its france who is hostile towards muslim world.
Eg - Nicolas Sarkozy: burqa not welcome in France - Telegraph

Link for that second point of your's.

They dont trust, Hell yeah. Who does in this world? :azn:
Everyone is up for their own interest and same goes with European continent.
Please don't be paranoid. French national law demands that no religious symbols be displayed publicly, meaning that A Christian cannot display his religious symbol, nor can a Hindu, nor a Muslim and so forth. This is a good law as it makes people feel united and dedicated to one cause while keeping religion out of the way. France doesn't force down shutting Churches or Mosques and this is where freedom is crushed. Not when a stable, secular law is made

Muslims around the world needlessly feel that this is a way of denigrating their religion but they must also realize and respect the fact that they are not in Arabia or an Islamic country to do as they please. Respecting the national law is important especially in a country that doesn't discriminate on religion's basis. When French Christians, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs etc follow the laws, why are they rebelling against the national law? Not wearing a veil doesn't mean that a woman is nude. A full body covering simple cloth is also modest.

Even I as a devout Hindu have been pointed on a trip to France not to display any religious symbol publicly and I respect that because it is the national law. Disobedience of it is disrespecting the host country and encouraging lawlessness.

United Kingdom's weak stand to not setting similar secularization laws has resulted in radicalization of immigrant population, causing terror plots all over your country now almost on a monthly basis. National law is to be followed by everyone regardless of religion and those who are not comfortable about it, shouldn't visit or stay in the country they find not compatible with.

I am sure that you won't be allowed to run around praising the name of Christ or wearing an "Om" pendant in Saudi Arabia without facing persecution. Therefore, the law of the land must be obeyed and a country cannot be expected to bend down and discard its values just because a set of migrant population cannot adjust to the local laws.

The migrants are coming to another country, not the other way around and therefore it is their responsibility to adjust as per the national law of that country they plan to migrate to.

Lol. How will the European continent be a part of this? Explain.
Yea Yea Muslim world will do that blah blah. I am tired of listening this. When will it happen?

Guys, stop arguing. You look like a bunch of idiots trying to argue "which one's more powerful". Why don't you search up the national power index. HERE ARE THE RANKINGS (as approved by the UN)

1. US
2. China
3. Russia
4. France
5. UK

UK is still one of the world's most powerful nations, while China is also among the top.

So stop arguing.

Each country's got their own advantages and disadvantages. The UK's economy may be falling but they are indeed developed. China may be oppressive but their economy and technology is topping other countries.

No country is "better" than the other.

Lol. How will the European continent be a part of this? Explain.
Yea Yea Muslim world will do that blah blah. I am tired of listening this. When will it happen?

UK should make more efforts to be integrated into EU rather than join the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

UK is a typical nation that only bullies the weak. When someone stands up to them, they cower and back down.

In 1840 they stole Hong Kong from us. In 1982, when Thatcher wanted joint administration of Hong Kong, Deng told her that it's not negotiable, she backed down.

in 1949 we bombed their warship. In 1950 they became the first Western European nation to recognize new China.

2009 we execute their drug dealer. 2010 they want to develop closer military bonds.

Good job Britain, sticking to your old traditions.

UK is a typical nation that only bullies the weak. When someone stands up to them, they cower and back down.

In 1840 they stole Hong Kong from us. In 1982, when Thatcher wanted joint administration of Hong Kong, Deng told her that it's not negotiable, she backed down.

in 1949 we bombed their warship. In 1950 they became the first Western European nation to recognize new China.

2009 we execute their drug dealer. 2010 they want to develop closer military bonds.

Good job Britain, sticking to your old traditions.

Hi, I cannot agree with you on this. UK and China don't have territory disputes as well as obvious benefits conflicts. The two countries are both major powers in the world, they should pursue the common interest and have every reason to develope good ties.

As former Primer Minister Winston Churchill said: Not the forever enemy, does not have the forever friend, only has the forever benefit.

China is still weaker than USA and Russia, but far stronger than UK and France.

We don't need UK, UK also doesn't need us.

Why?? I like the UK :partay: Most of my friends are brits and I love that dry sense of humor lol... not everyone's cup of tea then ;-)

Apart from the older generation conservatives who think China is still a dark age communist country, most of the younger generation in the UK are very liberal, many of them come to visit China when I go back home, they are happy to invest or do business with China (or anywhere in the world where sound investment opportunities reside), nothing wrong with it :D

Military force is not everything, we don't wanna be another USSR. Just because China is getting stronger than before doesn't mean it should cut links with other countries, remember the lessons from the old Chinese empire??

Last edited:
Hi, I cannot agree with you on this. UK and China don't have territory disputes as well as obvious benefits conflicts. The two countries are both major powers in the world, they should pursue the common interest and have every reason to develope good ties.

As former Primer Minister Winston Churchill said: Not the forever enemy, does not have the forever friend, only has the forever benefit.

i have no problems with britain itself, but their government policy is much as i described: bully the weak and cower to the strong. an understandable policy. we should indeed increase cooperation though, no doubt about that.

..., most of the younger generation in the UK are very liberal..

That's exactly where the problem of the UK lies.:D

The UK is willing to ally (and has always been so )itself with anyone powerful as along as it can also get sth out of it.

China is still weaker than USA and Russia, but far stronger than UK and France.

We don't need UK, UK also doesn't need us.

I beg to differ. Russia is only more powerful than China in limited areas of military. And gaps in between are disappearing , fast.

Overall speaking, China is only second to the US at the moment, particularly when Japan is out of the competition.

<Overall speaking, China is only second to the US at the moment, particularly when Japan is out of the competition.>

Since when Japan is in competition after WW2? Japan and Germany are out unless the US remove the restrictions (on WMD procurements and constitution) on them.

< HERE ARE THE RANKINGS (as approved by the UN)

1. US
2. China
3. Russia
4. France
5. UK>

**** UN!!! France and UK are on the list because of the nukes. I would like to see French or UK army against the Indonesian army.

<Overall speaking, China is only second to the US at the moment, particularly when Japan is out of the competition.>

Since when Japan is in competition after WW2? Japan and Germany are out unless the US remove the restrictions (on WMD procurements and constitution) on them.

You've misinterpreted me, as I meant that Japan IS out.

Nonetheless, if there were a conventional world war tomorrow, god forbid, USA, China, Japan, Russia and Germany would be the only 5 major powers that count.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom