What's new

Brisbane Atheist Burns & smokes Bible & Quran.

I guess this man gets high off religion?

(No offense against Muslim and Christian brothers I simply couldn't resist saying something like that)

He is a Radical atheist and doing what he wanted to do , burning books.
Book is a Book , what really matters is the content which he cant do any harm to.

It was just a cheap stunt to get some attention & now he thinks that he will burn some Hindu scriptures too.

Offending people is fun for him.

He is a Radical atheist and doing what he wanted to do , burning books.
Book is a Book , what really matters is the content which he cant do any harm to.

It was just a cheap stunt to get some attention & now he thinks that he will burn some Hindu scriptures too.

Offending people is fun for him.

I full heartedly agree. People should take into account of how others feel. A tolerant world is the end goal that we work towards.

I wonder if this man is going to cause another stir. Maybe the conservative Christians will team up with Muslims and go after his rearend.

I full heartedly agree. People should take into account of how others feel. A tolerant world is the end goal that we work towards.

I wonder if this man is going to cause another stir. Maybe the conservative Christians will team up with Muslims and go after his rearend.

Any reaction from Australian Muslims , even protests would be viewed as a "Fanatical act" , i don't know about Christians if they will sue him in court or something.

Whatever it is , its utterly wrong to burn a book just because you don't believe in it and you don't care about Billions who do.

Atheists now have started acting as "Religious" when it comes to creating trouble.

Also I would like to add just as the action taken by the moronic "Quran Burning" pastor isn't representative of most Christians and Americans, the behavior of this man isn't representative of most atheists. There are plenty of atheists who don't believe in faiths but respect them greatly. I think the title of this article should've been "random jerk-***" burns Quran/Bible instead of Atheist burns Quran/Bible. Same goes for the Florida Pastor.

These kind of people in common language are known as "Wankers".

That's right. :cheers:

In fact I would probably use a much stronger word than that, but it probably won't pass the profanity filter on this forum... so I'll leave it to the imagination of others.

Last edited:
Lets see whats the reaction of both religious communities.

Not that the burning of any part of two holy books isn't a problem, but was that "really" grass clippings as he says it was?

Like i said if Muslims react they would be called "Fanatics and Intolerant" , don't know about the Church.

The church most probably will not react, afterall its an Athiest burning Holy books. His freedom of expression will be well protected.

Could not agree more with the tolerant world bit.
Unfortunately people who follow religion strictly are usually just as intolerant. Religion can itself be deemed inherently intolerant when it refuses to accept any other means to salvation except its own & keep threatening non believers with eternal damnation (at the very least). The seeds of intolerance are sown right there and if some of the followers of such religions try & be more tolerant by showing respect to other religions, then the hardliners are quick to brand such actions un- whatever(put your choice of religion here). Such people are often accused of surrendering .....etc. Hardly the most tolerant crowd, are they?

Btw, it would be no more justified to label all atheists & speak of them in general for this individual's act, then it would be to label all practitioners of a religion for the act of their co-religionists. Even more so since atheists or non-theists do not share a common belief system. Find it very telling that the people who protest the most that it would be wrong to paint everyone with the same brush when members of their religion are involved in despicable acts think nothing of showing contempt for their theory when others, in this case an atheist is involved.

Back
Top Bottom