What's new

Australia's first Muslim frontbencher abused for "taking oath on Quran"

@Awesome

Ed is a 'Non practicing' Muslim. But he has been handed the 'MoOzZlum drum' that he has to beat,even he doesn't want to. He has become the face of Australian muslims.
If he is a non-practicing Muslim, then what difference does it make if he swears on the Bible? A lot of atheists have no problem swearing upon the Bible. If both religions claimed to have the same god, God or Allah, then why not let the predominant faith be the foundation of his oath of office?

Last edited by a moderator:
If he is a non-practicing Muslim, then what difference does it make if he swears on the Bible? A lot of atheists have no problem swearing upon the Bible. If both religions claimed to have the same god, God or Allah, then why not let the predominant faith be the foundation of his oath of office?

Something known as "personal choice."

Something known as "personal choice."
Sure, he can chose the Bible. But since he chose the Quran, he gave the Australian public the impression that he is a practicing Muslim.

Sure, he can chose the Bible. But since he chose the Quran, he gave the Australian public the impression that he is a practicing Muslim.

I am sure if Australians can digest Jewish,Hindu MPs they can digest a Moozlum too. He is a non practicing Muslim means that he doesn't pray or anything like that.

I don't see what the deal is tbh, and good god, Anthony mundine:lol:

I don't see what the deal is tbh, and good god, Anthony mundine:lol:

I am sure if Australians can digest Jewish,Hindu MPs they can digest a Moozlum too. He is a non practicing Muslim means that he doesn't pray or anything like that.

No need to be apologetic.

Whether he is practicing or not is irrelevant.

What matters is his record on voting and public service.

While it exists in the Hadiths, but you don't know a religious argument, instead a logical one would do. I believe its the same concept in Christianity of not taking the lord's name in vain. Think about it, it dilutes the oath's importance if you keep going like "Swear by Allah" for every little thing.

You see Christian kids on the internet going around typing G-D that's just dumb, sometimes it's the only way

Non-practicing doesn't mean non-believing.

Back
Top Bottom