What's new

Australia's first Muslim frontbencher abused for "taking oath on Quran"

My understanding is that Muslims consider swearing by the Koran valid only if the Muslim community of the person making the oath commonly does so. link Otherwise it isn't a valid oath.

Do you just go to google and type "funny islam stupid mozlems" and post the links here?

Being a muslim and taking oath with quran is a good thing for him and all australians as he will never betray the said oath.
Imagine being a muslim and taking oath in bible wouldn't made him that much trustworthy

Does your little rule,apply to the Jews,the Hindus and the Sikhs
as well or is it a 'MoOoOzzlum specific' rule?

Is an Australian Jewish MP taking oath on the Holy Torah is 'more valid' than an Australian Muslim MP taking oath on the Holy Qura'an?

Do you just go to google and type "funny islam stupid mozlems" and post the links here?

what "Awesome" said...

I think he was just talking about it being Islamicly valid. Technically there's no such thing as I swear upon my mother or quran.

Being a muslim and taking oath with quran is a good thing for him and all australians as he will never betray the said oath.
Imagine being a muslim and taking oath in bible wouldn't made him that much trustworthy

That will be the day when a politician's oath would make him trustworthy!

I think he was just talking about it being Islamicly valid. Technically there's no such thing as I swear upon my mother or quran.

If that is the case than Mr @Solomon2 let me tell you a few things,as per Islamic theology.

*No where in the Quran its instructed to Muslims to 'swear' on it.

*As a Muslim you are instructed to be 'A'adil' [Just/genuine] in 'all' your dealings at 'all times.'

*You are instructed to 'follow and abide by' your govt,regardless of where you are.

In short, 'Swearing' on Quran is an 'invention' and serves no theological purpose.In Pakistan if you swear on Quran for a domestic dispute....it is actually and surprisingly frowned upon.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that is the case than Mr @Solomon2 let me tell you a few things,as per Islamic theology.

*No where in the Quran its instructed to Muslims to 'swear' on it.

*As a Muslim you are instructed to be 'A'adil' [Just/genuine] in 'all' your dealings at 'all times.'

*You are instructed to 'follow and abide by' your govt,regardless of where you are.

In short, 'Swearing' on Quran is an 'invention' and serves no theological purpose.In Pakistan if you swear on Quran for a domestic dispute....it is actually and surprisingly frowned upon.

Very Islamicly speaking swearing (by Allah) should be avoided unless absolutely necessary, of course practically it doesn't happen in any Islamic society. In Punjabi its casually said "Allah di kasmay" on every little thing and in Arabic its casually asked "wallah?"

I'm guessing if Husic would have said I swear upon Allah, that would have created so much more of a ruckus since oaths are usually hard coded in constitutions or their supporting documents. If he changed the oath's wording by adding I swear upon Allah, that would have really brought pitchfork wielding folks out :D

As a learned person he probably did this more symbolically (denoting Australia's multiculturalism) than for religious purposes. I mean if these rude remarks (which would be in the minority from what I know of Australians) would not have occurred, this oath taking would have earned Australia just good brownie points.

I remember reading about a similar incident with Rajan Zed when he was quoting from the Vedas at the US Senate chambers. Both that and this are sad incidents which are racist and narrow minded!

MPs are there to swear by the constitution,if their priorities are by the book and not by the constitution,they shouldn't be an MP in the first place.

Very Islamicly speaking swearing (by Allah) should be avoided unless absolutely necessary, of course practically it doesn't happen in any Islamic society. In Punjabi its casually said "Allah di kasmay" on every little thing and in Arabic its casually asked "wallah?"

I'm guessing if Husic would have said I swear upon Allah, that would have created so much more of a ruckus since oaths are usually hard coded in constitutions or their supporting documents. If he changed the oath's wording by adding I swear upon Allah, that would have really brought pitchfork wielding folks out :D

As a learned person he probably did this more symbolically (denoting Australia's multiculturalism) than for religious purposes. I mean if these rude remarks (which would be in the minority from what I know of Australians) would not have occurred, this oath taking would have earned Australia just good brownie points.

Actually it's the other way around, retards often argue like 'me nhi manta qasam khao' and then the other retards like 'khuda qasam' and then all the other retards are like nhi nhi qasam khana buri bat hai
WHICH HAS NO PROOF, there's no where in the Quran where swearing on matters is forbidden

It is not about taking it seriously, it is conversational etiquette, like when you adress someone in real life you gesture towards him or look straight in the eyes. It's basic manires.

Audio are you slavic?

I love Chetnik/Hrvatski/Bosniak equally and i love old Yugoslaiva.

Respect,i didnt intend to insult this man.

Audio are you slavic?

I love Chetnik/Hrvatski/Bosniak equally and i love old Yugoslaiva.

Respect,i didnt intend to insult this man.

Yea, half Slavic. :agree: No biggie, i sometimes over react a bit. :P

@Awesome

Ed is a 'Non practicing' Muslim. But he has been handed the 'MoOzZlum drum' that he has to beat,even he doesn't want to. He has become the face of Australian muslims.

Islams Image took a hit in Australia after Conolla beach riots and the recent 'matam parade' by morons from 'Hizb Tahrir' in Sydney.Lebanese gangs also contribute to it.

On the other hand Mr Ed, Akram Azeemi [Young Australian of the year 2013], Dr Samina Yasmeen [West Australian of the year 2013], (our friend @Gold1010 from W.A can confirm this.) ... and Usman Khuwaja [Rising Australian Cricket player].....represent the well integrated Australian Muslims. [Three of them have Pakistani roots]

Australian boxer Anthony Mundane,is Muslim too..... Not sure what he represents. :D

Australians in general are one of the best people to be around. They are open and extremely frank. They had an atheist PM (Jullia Gillard), a Jewish governer in NSW. I am sure if Ed has what it takes to be the PM, Australia will give him a go.

Actually it's the other way around, retards often argue like 'me nhi manta qasam khao' and then the other retards like 'khuda qasam' and then all the other retards are like nhi nhi qasam khana buri bat hai
WHICH HAS NO PROOF, there's no where in the Quran where swearing on matters is forbidden

While it exists in the Hadiths, but you don't know a religious argument, instead a logical one would do. I believe its the same concept in Christianity of not taking the lord's name in vain. Think about it, it dilutes the oath's importance if you keep going like "Swear by Allah" for every little thing.

Australians are known racists the world over. So I don't find this abuse surprising. These idiots should get their heads examined.

Australia is like an old woman. Everyone knows its down there but nobody cares! :P :lol:

indian = internet warrior, real life gets his head kicked in from every kid.

Actually , that's not true. Indians don't get droned everyday unlike Pakistanis. Besides , it took us a couple of months to get you guys pregnant and give birth to Bangladesh :lol:

Back
Top Bottom