What's new

Australia's first Muslim frontbencher abused for "taking oath on Quran"

is obvious sir,for example if you go see the movie Khuda ke Liye,the innocent Mansoor gets framed with Charges but you can see that there are erasons why he got what he got,even though no fault of his.

Government Ministers/Secretaries shouldn't be swearing on any sort of religious book. Religion should stay the hell out of Government. I don't want laws based on religious teachings.

We only need to look at Countries in the Middle East, the U.S and elsewhere to see what happens when governments are influenced by stupid religion.

Australians like a secular government, so you can see why there is an outburst also the added factor that muslim immigrants to the country haven't been exactly the best in terms of behavior etc so you can see why some people are so anti-islam.

you swear on something thats the most sacred to you, but with this logic most australian would swear on a sheep

I never said that about Bosniaks,just telling him what the Indians are like.

But anyday i would say Indians,especially the educated ones would be an asset to any country much more than Bosniaks.

and i am not offended if you call me Gypsy boy cuz i dont knw what it means.

So, with all your education you are unable to press one button so that the person who you are replying to knows you have replied? Mentally deficient and no manires to go with it? You're a poster child for immigrant integration.

To inform you about my reply?

u take this so seriously eh?

what a joker are u man,my company is more than happy to have me here and i make money for Australia,not the other way around.

@xdrive

Australia is a secular state with a head of state who happens to be the head of Anglican Church. This is like as if the Catholic pope,was the head of the Italian state and Italians claiming to be secular, Awesome display of secularism,ain't it?

Plus,instead of blaming the messanger you should have discussed the 'topic' not who posted it.

As for the ''Moozlum behaviour'', they make up less than 4% of the population. You should find a bigger target for your troubles.

@Audio You are wasting your time. When these Indians were being attacked in Melbourne,their analysts back in India,were scaring Australia with India's mighty nuclear weapons....booo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nuclear weapons?

Australia is the country trying not to sell Uranium to us under bogus circumstances,please.

Audio may not even be Australian,just making up stuff.

timepass kar raha haoon, papa.

............ @Rafi ...when did this happen bro? :lol:

By taking oath on Quran he is pledging his alligence to Arab pagan imperialism and this is a blatant breach of ethics and Australian constitution. A person should be loyal to his land and country.

HH32plD.jpg

Im sure you pagan father will be proud... if you have one that is....

Government Ministers/Secretaries shouldn't be swearing on any sort of religious book. Religion should stay the hell out of Government. I don't want laws based on religious teachings.

We only need to look at Countries in the Middle East, the U.S and elsewhere to see what happens when governments are influenced by stupid religion.

Australians like a secular government, so you can see why there is an outburst also the added factor that muslim immigrants to the country haven't been exactly the best in terms of behavior etc so you can see why some people are so anti-islam.

You can't call yourself secular and be anti-Islam. Secularism is separation of state from religion. So either it should be a clean break, i.e. no swearing in on any book (perhaps no swearing in at all - you can just sign a legally binding document of your responsibilities) or if you allow on belief you should allow all.

You can't call yourself secular and be anti-Islam. Secularism is separation of state from religion. So either it should be a clean break, i.e. no swearing in on any book (perhaps no swearing in at all - you can just sign a legally binding document of your responsibilities) or if you allow on belief you should allow all.

I agree with you saeen.

toy

Your post betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of secularism.

For a government to be secular does NOT mean that its members must not be religious. It also does not mean that they must keep their religion a secret. All it means is that their decisions do not entail religious favoritism. As such, Liberal Party leaders from Peter Costello to Tony Abbot have made no secret of their religious affiliation and its affect on their thinking. American leaders go out of their way to highlight their religiosity.

Taking an oath on a religious book is not an imposition on the state; it is an affirmation by the oath taker that the oath they are taking is in earnest and in good faith (not religious faith).

I like the way the guy is taking it, he's handled himself very well. He's no Morsi.

My opening line was "Government Ministers/Secretaries shouldn't be swearing on any sort of religious book"

toy

Your post betrays a fundamental misunderstanding of secularism.

For a government to be secular does NOT mean that its members must not be religious. It also does not mean that they must keep their religion a secret. All it means is that their decisions do not entail religious favoritism. As such, Liberal Party leaders from Peter Costello to Tony Abbot have made no secret of their religious affiliation and its affect on their thinking. American leaders go out of their way to highlight their religiosity.

Taking an oath on a religious book is not an imposition on the state; it is an affirmation by the oath taker that the oath they are taking is in earnest and in good faith (not religious faith).

But religious politicians who take the religious oath of office are more likely going to respond to debates/votes in parliament with a religious agenda, just look at the abortion debate.

............ @Rafi ...when did this happen bro? :lol:

Im sure you pagan father will be proud... if you have one that is....

LoL - you know me, I get "around" there are probably, many examples of my overactive loins. :azn:

@xdrive

Australian parliament innitiates proceedings after reciting from the Holy Bible is done,whats your opinion on that?

Back
Top Bottom