BRICS bank will be headquartered in Shanghai

TaiShang

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
BRICS bank will be headquartered in Shanghai
BRICS Post

The much awaited BRICS bank will be headquartered in Shanghai, Kremlin aide Yury Ushakov said in Moscow on Thursday. However, South African Trade and Industry Minister Rob Davies said in Pretoria on Friday that the final stamp on the location of the Bank will be delivered by the Heads of State at the Summit in Brazil next week.

All the BRICS nations apart from Brazil had bid to host the $100 billion development Bank. Both the Bank and a $100 billion contingency reserve fund for the BRICS nations will be launched during the Brazil Summit on 15-16 July.

“Thus, the basis for the macroeconomic coordination of the five states will be laid. The new institutions will allow enforcing the global finance system, which is particularly important amid the IMF reform that reached a deadlock,” said Ushakov.

The location of the Bank has already been recorded in the official documents said Ushakov.

The BRICS countries will initially underwrite $50 billion in capital to the BRICS bank, in equal parts of $10 billion each, said a Brazilian Foreign Ministry official in Rio de Janeiro earlier this week. The $50 billion will be eventually built up to $100 billion.

The Bank will have a rotating chair similar to the BRICS Business Council, although the announcement on the first chairman of the Bank will possibly be announced during the Summit next week.

The five founding members of the new Bank will retain controlling interest should any new members be admitted and the BRICS share will never dip below 55 per cent.

Noted columnist and Russia expert Mark Adomanis says the BRICS Bank is likely to suffer significant growing pains but “the simple fact of its creation demonstrates the shockingly rapid pace of change of the past decade”.

“Ten years ago the creation of such a bank would have been greeted with open derision and laughter in Washington, London, Paris, and other Western capitals. They’re certainly not laughing anymore,” writes Adomanis.

This BRICS bank should help countries like VN and PH, to provide them long-term debt to financing their capital, only if they stop invading China EEZ.

Just compare the policies of warmongering countries such as Japan, Vietnam or the US and those of China. It tells a lot who is building a future and who is living in a denial of the changing status quo.

Mr. Abe may dream of selling a few more submarines, what China aims to achieve is as big as creating a new concept of shared civilization.

Just compare the policies of warmongering countries such as Japan, Vietnam or the US and those of China. It tells a lot who is building a future and who is living in a denial of the changing status quo.

Mr. Abe may dream of selling a few more submarines, what China aims to achieve is as big as creating a new concept of shared civilization.

That's an arrow to my heart, my friend... :o:

How can Japan be such when we have been pacifist for almost 70 years now.. :coffee:

Yes, Abe is trying to marginalize China, counter China everywhere, but China is trying to contribute her limited capital to help more. 孰优孰劣, 高下立判.

All the BRICS nations apart from Brazil had bid to host the $100 billion development Bank. Both the Bank and a $100 billion contingency reserve fund for the BRICS nations will be launched during the Brazil Summit on 15-16 July.
It was always either China or India.
China has the largest economy by far and India is set to become second by crossing Russia next year or possibly a couple of years.

Either ways - Congrats China.

That's an arrow to my heart, my friend... :o:

How can Japan be such when we have been pacifist for almost 70 years now.. :coffee:
Actions have consequences, first thing taught to a child.

I was thinking of letting it go, but then I saw the Unit 731 documentary again, and I thought, no I don't think so.

Tell me, if you had watched that documentation and it was Chinese doing that to the Japanese would you simply brush it off? Those are my people, they were not collateral damage, but lab rats.

It was not a war, wars happen as terrible as that is, but unit 731 is the same as Hitler's concentration camps.

So really, we can say anything we want, I won't, Not much can be considered over the line when it comes to this.

It was always either China or India.
China has the largest economy by far and India is set to become second by crossing Russia next year or possibly a couple of years.

Either ways - Congrats China.

No. IT would ONLY have been China.

Stop, pretending that India ever had a chance with your massive debts and faltering economic growth.

Kinda sad but it was the most logical place.

Well I don't personally mind India, but the thing is, is Mumbai ready for this? Based on the documentaries of BBC, American news networks, which may or may not be biased, Mumbai still lack world class infrastructure and some how has a huge slum that you can actually see if you live in the city?

Would you say Mumbai is ready for an institution such as this?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom