What's new

BRICS bank will be headquartered in Shanghai

Well I don't personally mind India, but the thing is, is Mumbai ready for this? Based on the documentaries of BBC, American news networks, which may or may not be biased, Mumbai still lack world class infrastructure and some how has a huge slum that you can actually see if you live in the city?

Would you say Mumbai is ready for an institution such as this?

I have never been to Bombay but I don't think it can. New Delhi on the other hand has pretty good infrastructure in Gurgaon region. But Shanghai or Beijing are MUCH better choices.

No. IT would ONLY have been China.

Stop, pretending that India ever had a chance with your massive debts and faltering economic growth.

Your country has the relevancy of Somalia or Sudan. Why you talk is beyond me.

Stop, pretending that India ever had a chance with your massive debts and faltering economic growth.
Our economic growth being as low as it was, was still the second highest in BRICS.

There was indeed a tussle and it was indeed down to China and India. Know your facts before you spout them.
Well I don't personally mind India, but the thing is, is Mumbai ready for this? Based on the documentaries of BBC, American news networks, which may or may not be biased, Mumbai still lack world class infrastructure and some how has a huge slum that you can actually see if you live in the city?

Would you say Mumbai is ready for an institution such as this?
Nope. I agree.
Ooverall Mumbai's infrastructure is quite bad when you compare it to world cities like Shanghai. I reckon it would take another decade for it to become decent ie removal of slums et all.

Last edited:
Actions have consequences, first thing taught to a child.

I was thinking of letting it go, but then I saw the Unit 731 documentary again, and I thought, no I don't think so.

Tell me, if you had watched that documentation and it was Chinese doing that to the Japanese would you simply brush it off? Those are my people, they were not collateral damage, but lab rats.

It was not a war, wars happen as terrible as that is, but unit 731 is the same as Hitler's concentration camps.

So really, we can say anything we want, I won't, Not much can be considered over the line when it comes to this.

@Genesis ,

So, are you blaming me for what long dead soldiers did some 80 years ago? I was born in 1985, some 40 years after the end of the war. Should I also be blamed, and should also my children's and grand-children's generation(s).

Yes, it was wrong, I don't deny that. In fact, I've even apologized already here in another thread.

o_O

@Genesis ,

So, are you blaming me for what long dead soldiers did some 80 years ago? I was born in 1985, some 40 years after the end of the war. Should I also be blamed, and should also my children's and grand-children's generation(s).

Yes, it was wrong, I don't deny that. In fact, I've even apologized already here in another thread.

o_O
Nations are like Corporations, the employees are the corporation, the people are the nation, yet it is also not. I'm not blaming you, but I am blaming Japan. Just like people could be mad about a drug company that kills, but they won't necessarily curse the next CEO who was not there, but the hate is still there for the company.

Same deal here, Japan did what it did and everything thrown at Japan, the nation's way, is pretty tamed. The Israli MOOSAD was not so kind to ex Nazi were they.

20 million people died and some of them as lab rats, not 70 years ago, so what I'm suppose to just forget it? BTW, those soldiers are not long dead, they are still very much alive.

BTW, do you deny Japanese government did say it was just war, and Western nations did it too? Does that sound like something a friendly nation should say? I was unaware bio weapons were just war, but then what do I know. This is the current generation of Japan btw.

20 million people died and some of them as lab rats, not 70 years ago, so what I'm suppose to just forget it? BTW, those soldiers are not long dead, they are still very much alive.

Of course you should not forget , but perhaps, forgive us for our past mistakes. I totally refuse to believe what news articles say that China hates Japan, i don't buy that. I know that true Chinese people are forgiving, humble and are partners for peace.

BTW, do you deny Japanese government did say it was just war, and Western nations did it too?

No, i do not deny it, man. Japan was at fault during such times, we had a very military government, and people were , under propaganda, brought into this war that would bring ruin to Japan.

BTW, do you deny Japanese government did say it was just war, and Western nations did it too? Does that sound like something a friendly nation should say? I was unaware bio weapons were just war, but then what do I know. This is the current generation of Japan btw.

The current generation of Japan are as sensitive about it as you guys are. When I learned about wartime history back in high school, to be honest with you, not a lot of kids were as interested because it was always depressing to talk about it. Younger generation of Japan are different to the Japanese that lived in the 1930s and 1940s , who were blinded by military propaganda.

Dude, during the war, the newspapers and newsreals were saying that Japan was winning the war.

@Genesis ,

o_O

i'm sure he hasn't expressed hatred against you based on that reply. Fact remains the hatred runs very very deep among many Chinese people for the way how 20 million Chinese had died, be it by biological/chemical weapons at the hands of Unit 731, beheading, bayonetting, etc. Current generation or future generations are not responsible for what had happened but because Japanese government don't know how to apologize properly, keep opening the pandora box, only teaching a tiny bit of Japanese war attrocities in highschool, it becomes a vicious circle. Unfortunately there are always individuals of current and future generations igniting the flame with lies (denying Nanjing massacre, liberating Asia from Westerners statements etc..) and the circle keeps repeating itself inviting hatred from the Chinese and Koreans once again. If Chinese and Koreans weren't reasonable, every Japanese would have been massacred in China and South Korea already.

Here's a recent story of a Japanese boss making the same mistake again.

Masataka Kataoka, president of Japan-based Alps Electronic Co, denied that Japan invaded China in 1937. Rather, he claimed, the country had helped China to rid itself of its colonial rulers, such as the United States, the Southern Metropolis Daily reported.

News of the offensive remark soon spread around the factory, and by 11:30am nearly 1,000 workers had gone out on strike, the report said.

Kataoka addressed the workers about 2:30pm from the stairway at the front of the plant. He bowed to them, apologized and said he withdrew the offending comment.

The address lasted about six minutes, after which everyone returned to work, the report said.

Rihua director Zhang Hongquan was outraged when Kataoka first made the remark. The Chinese executive rose to his feet, banged on the meeting table and demanded an apology, the company said in a statement.

i'm sure he hasn't expressed hatred against you based on that reply. Fact remains the hatred runs very very deep among many Chinese people for the way how 20 million Chinese had died, be it by biological/chemical weapons at the hands of Unit 731, beheading, bayonetting, etc. Current generation or future generations are not responsible for what had happened but because Japanese government don't know how to apologize properly, keep opening the pandora box, only teaching a tiny bit of Japanese war attrocities in highschool, it becomes a vicious circle. Unfortunately there are always individuals of current and future generations igniting the flame with lies (denying Nanjing massacre, liberating Asia from Westerners statements etc..) and the circle keeps repeating itself inviting hatred from the Chinese and Koreans once again. If Chinese and Koreans weren't reasonable, every Japanese would have been massacred in China and South Korea already.

Here's a recent story of a Japanese boss making the same mistake again.

Masataka Kataoka, president of Japan-based Alps Electronic Co, denied that Japan invaded China in 1937. Rather, he claimed, the country had helped China to rid itself of its colonial rulers, such as the United States, the Southern Metropolis Daily reported.

News of the offensive remark soon spread around the factory, and by 11:30am nearly 1,000 workers had gone out on strike, the report said.

Kataoka addressed the workers about 2:30pm from the stairway at the front of the plant. He bowed to them, apologized and said he withdrew the offending comment.

The address lasted about six minutes, after which everyone returned to work, the report said.

Rihua director Zhang Hongquan was outraged when Kataoka first made the remark. The Chinese executive rose to his feet, banged on the meeting table and demanded an apology, the company said in a statement.

Idiots like Kataoka are wrong for denying involvement.

Of course you should not forget , but perhaps, forgive us for our past mistakes. I totally refuse to believe what news articles say that China hates Japan, i don't buy that. I know that true Chinese people are forgiving, humble and are partners for peace.

No, i do not deny it, man. Japan was at fault during such times, we had a very military government, and people were , under propaganda, brought into this war that would bring ruin to Japan.

The current generation of Japan are as sensitive about it as you guys are. When I learned about wartime history back in high school, to be honest with you, not a lot of kids were as interested because it was always depressing to talk about it. Younger generation of Japan are different to the Japanese that lived in the 1930s and 1940s , who were blinded by military propaganda.

Dude, during the war, the newspapers and newsreals were saying that Japan was winning the war.

You are focusing too much on the past, even more than me. I'll list a few facts, and you tell me what exact can China do.

1. Diaoyu Island, before the government nationalized these islands we were fine, regardless of who you think these belong to, Japan must have known China claims these islands and knows right before you did it and there was a huge response.

So what are China's option?

Abandon this claim? Maybe, but if we did it now, that's going from a position of weakness, can a government that takes the people's tax really do that?

Contest it? We are doing just that.

Negotiate? Japan claims there are no disputes and thus won't negotiate, and that ship really sailed when instead of taking a step back and stall, but not stop when the reaction was so strong, the current government went ahead anyways.

2. Japan re enter arms market during the disputes. This would have been welcomed during 1989 when US embargoed us and it would have been a sign of friendship, but you didn't Japan choose a time when tensions are high. This is like putting sugar in your date's wine as a joke, but looks like you are drugging her.

Same action, bad time, Abe must have known that.

What can China do? Accept it? And say what this move has no bearing on China? Getting an arms industry at a time of tension is completely normal and not a sign for alarm?

Deny it? We are doing that.

The question is why do this now? Why not later, or before. You can't wait a year or two? Or negotiate first, and come to some sort of understanding?! Normally, you should be able to just do it, but during this sensitive time, is a little consideration too much to ask?

3. Saying the war is just a war, and don't mention the chemical weapons, the tortures, the experiments that are not normal war tactics. Banned internationally even at that time.

What is China suppose to do? Take it laying down? Would Japan take it laying down? Can Xi still say he has the Chinese interest if he does?

Protest? That's what we are doing.

Why say anything, if you don't like what's being said, change the conversation. Head of states are symbolic, can't they visit shrines when they retire? Like Abe's first time on top? They had to visit and put war criminals in there, how do they want China to react.

4. Provocative actions like saying will help America against regional threats, seeing as Japan borders two four country, NK has no ships, SK is ally, Russian's fleet here is basically none, you are really left with one option, the one with the tension.

Saying shooting down our drones and stuff like that?

Why even say that, China doesn't go around and say we will shoot first.

All these things could have been said behind closed doors and negotiate, but you must do it in public, what's Xi going to say, yea we are scared so no drones. Even if he wants to he can't say that.

Bottom line, what are our options, at least throw us a bone man, Japan is really backing China into a corner, are we just suppose to backing down each time? China Japan relationship was fine, why poke the hornet's nest when it doesn't need to be poked.

Even if XI wants good relationship, how would he explain to the people exactly?

Here is our cheerleader comes.
By the way stop your govt from taking loansand aid from India ,stop your illegal lungi pole vaulters .Then continue cheeleading.
China agrees our potential .Then who are you to question us?

Idiots like Kataoka are wrong for denying involvement.

This is what you get when history is not taught properly and it spreads to the next generation. You won't find any German denying the invasion of EU or the crimes they had committed against the Jews. Auschwitz concentration camps teaches the youth about what really happened as a reminder. Japan has often been reminded to follow Germany's example yet Japan doesn't feel like it. In the end previous, current and future generations will still be ignorant of the past if Japan continues this kind of ethics.
Plus the island disputes with South Korea and China adds oil to the flame. Nobody here is hating you because you don't deny the events which took place 70-80 years ago, we only voice our disapproval at those ignorants and the right wing such as Abe.

Do not derail this thread by making it china vs japan :flood:

Many congrats to china and well deserved but at the same i am sad it's not New Delhi :undecided:

(It was choice between shanghai and New Delhi )

Good days ahead for BRICS country:cheers:

Here is our cheerleader comes.
By the way stop your govt from taking loansand aid from India ,stop your illegal lungi pole vaulters .Then continue cheeleading.
China agrees our potential .Then who are you to question us?
What benefits India will get by investing in BRICS bank? :undecided:

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom