What's new

BREAKING :US confirms Pakistan's hand in Pathankot airbase attack; gives proof

No, thank Heavens. My juniors have made it to 3 star grade in the Army, 4 in the Air Force, 3 in the Navy. And a Chief Minister as well. We started with a 1 star from the first batch (I was the second batch), but he became an engineer after NDA, and worked in EME.

off-topic
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is your opinion of Public Schools - like Mayo, Doon, Schindia, Welhams etc
I am writing a piece on their contribution to Armed Forces and Public Service. Being a Mayo Old boy, I have the details for it but outside of Doon which I frequently visited I am not too aware of the cultural focus on serving for the country.

Tangentially do you think Public Boarding Schools prepare the children better in this respect by exposing them to harsh realities of the world quite early on? In Mayo despite having three princes from India, two from gulf, grandson of BD PM, umpteen sons of politicians, IAS officers and armed forces

We didn't have ACs in our dorms, one fan for a dorm of 8 kids, extreme levels of hazing condoned by teachers as well as parents as Character Building, a code of conduct focused on no snitching, un questioning obedience to seniors thus establishing a chain of command, morning cross country races, obsession on physical fitness etc - in short just like army boot camp.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well if you don't know the process then Google is your friend.

One does not need google to replace common sense. Google is useful to FIND data, but to analyse data you need to use your own intelligence. There is no alternative for that.

One does not need google to replace common sense. Google is useful to FIND data, but to analyse data you need to use your own intelligence. There is no alternative for that.
Just like language comprehension skills.

This was one attack which was handled in a matured way by both countries especially when you compared to previous attacks........ Even India allowed an ISI guy inside its air base to investigate....The question is, Will they allow indian investigators inside pakistan??? I guess no...... Big brother or Big boss wont allow NS to take such a call......

Firstly, saying that an ISI guy was let into the base seems a bit far fetched even in Indian journalistic standards.

Secondly, what was reciprocated in that investigation is also not available to us keyboard clickers.

Thirdly, JeM is a banned organization in our country and are involved in thousands of deaths within our borders. Every week we see at least 10 of their terrorists being neutralized. What more it is also also mentioned in the article that the guy who facilitated this has run off to where the American troops and Indian intelligence operatives are in high concentration.

Saying that someone with facebook access from Pakistan did it and The Pakistani government, army and everyone with internet did it should be differentiated.

off-topic
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is your opinion of Public Schools - like Mayo, Doon, Schindia, Welhams etc
I am writing a piece on their contribution to Armed Forces and Public Service. Being a Mayo Old boy, I have the details for it but outside of Doon which I frequently visited I am not too aware of the cultural focus on serving for the country.

Tangentially do you think Public Boarding Schools prepare the children better in this respect by exposing them to harsh realities of the world quite early on? In Mayo despite having three princes from India, two from gulf, grandson of BD PM, umpteen sons of politicians, IAS officers and armed forces

We didn't have ACs in our dorms, one fan for a dorm of 8 kids, extreme levels of hazing condoned by teachers as well as parents as Character Building, a code of conduct focused on no snitching, un questioning obedience to seniors thus establishing a chain of command, morning cross country races, obsession on physical fitness etc - in short just like army boot camp.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a lot of Mayo friends, but I honestly don't think much of the hazing culture, either here or in Lawrence, which is a comparable, or even a better pair of schools. And the hazing culture at the NDA is positively loathesome; I can't believe that you can't get close to your juniors without brutalising them.

They do however inculcate a code of values and this is critical, IMHO. Other schools don't. The Sainik Schools do; I should mention that I went through four, a district school at Jalpaiguri, a very, very old school set up by Miss Eden in Barrackpore, on the edges of the former Viceregal Estate, Latbagan, Sainik School, then when they told me I wouldn't get Navy exec. branch because of my defective eyes, La Martiniere. The second two had very strong value systems, of entirely different sorts and orientation, but both counted, I think; Sainik School was totally oriented to the SSB and NDA, and it was heaven, because there was no hazing, and because of the very wide mix, from sardars to biharis to bengalis to nagas and assamese. La Martiniere was different, the other side of the coin, defendants of Lucknow against the mutineers, and very, very Anglo-Indian, actually less so in Calcutta than in Lucknow (Lyons is completely oblivious to the Indian schools except for the very occasional once in a century visitor).

About what you described, I think that the no-AC is fine, one fan is not, hazing is despicable, but the rest sounds very good, very like what we went through in Sainik School. I was always in trouble for talking back to seniors, but got away because I was also an instructor in the NCC (all arms) troop and had a single stripe. So after doing the physical punishment, all was forgiven. The loyalty it bred was phenomenal. I had a three digit roll number, and now it's in the 4000 + range, but if I open my mouth, somebody, somewhere will come running.

Getting back to Mayo, I have met a number, but never came across a bad egg, so that must say something. Ditto for Scindia and Welham, and in Spades redoubled for Lawrence. I am not enthusiastic about Dosco-ites, for some reason. All in all, I think Mayo is a good thing. And I'm pleased to learn you're from Mayo.

Are you insinuating elections are being fixed in India?

No.

I have a lot of Mayo friends, but I honestly don't think much of the hazing culture, either here or in Lawrence, which is a comparable, or even a better pair of schools. And the hazing culture at the NDA is positively loathesome; I can't believe that you can't get close to your juniors without brutalising them.

They do however inculcate a code of values and this is critical, IMHO. Other schools don't. The Sainik Schools do; I should mention that I went through four, a district school at Jalpaiguri, a very, very old school set up by Miss Eden in Barrackpore, on the edges of the former Viceregal Estate, Latbagan, Sainik School, then when they told me I wouldn't get Navy exec. branch because of my defective eyes, La Martiniere. The second two had very strong value systems, of entirely different sorts and orientation, but both counted, I think; Sainik School was totally oriented to the SSB and NDA, and it was heaven, because there was no hazing, and because of the very wide mix, from sardars to biharis to bengalis to nagas and assamese. La Martiniere was different, the other side of the coin, defendants of Lucknow against the mutineers, and very, very Anglo-Indian, actually less so in Calcutta than in Lucknow (Lyons is completely oblivious to the Indian schools except for the very occasional once in a century visitor).

About what you described, I think that the no-AC is fine, one fan is not, hazing is despicable, but the rest sounds very good, very like what we went through in Sainik School. I was always in trouble for talking back to seniors, but got away because I was also an instructor in the NCC (all arms) troop and had a single stripe. So after doing the physical punishment, all was forgiven. The loyalty it bred was phenomenal. I had a three digit roll number, and now it's in the 4000 + range, but if I open my mouth, somebody, somewhere will come running.

Getting back to Mayo, I have met a number, but never came across a bad egg, so that must say something. Ditto for Scindia and Welham, and in Spades redoubled for Lawrence. I am not enthusiastic about Dosco-ites, for some reason. All in all, I think Mayo is a good thing. And I'm pleased to learn you're from Mayo.

No.

Now we have two institutions in common - La Marts and IIM.. We do have a blot in our records - Manu Singh and recently Maroof Raza seems to have gone bonkers

Firstly saying that an ISI guy was let into the base seems a bit far fetched even in Indian journalistic standards.

He was part of the investigation team and was allowed after knowing the details...... Nothing biggie by the way..... But since this is the first time, and shows the kind of cooperation between the nations...

Secondly what was reciprocated in that investigation is also not available to us keyboard clickers.

But afik indian investigation team is not allowed till today...... which is available to all of us...

Thirdly JeM is a banned organization in our country and are involved in thousands of deaths within our borders. Every week we see at least 10 of their terrorists being neutralized. What more it is also also mentioned in the article that the guy who facilitated this has run off to where the American troops and Indian intelligence operatives are in high concentration

https://defence.pk/threads/next-lal-masjid-masood-azhar-madrasa-bahawalpur.383218/page-2

This thread sums it up.......

By the way your govt is not sure about what action has been taken against Masood Azhar..... Where is he now? He was supposed to be on a house arrest....

Saying that someone with facebook access from Pakistan did it and The Pakistani government, army and everyone with internet did it should be differentiated

This is an additional info.... Pakistani authorities have agreed that the attackers were from Pakistan or they got the proofs to believe so...... US is providing additional info and should be seen in that context...

Mayo and the famous IA cases .... don't forget the laurels in IA the legacy of Mayo too:woot:

My indian friends! do you know about Umar Media? For quite sometime i was chasing to find from where their content is originating from... their mostly most were from middle east but there were some in which they were showing video of attacking Pakistan's police personals in swat ... they were originated from Pakistan (NWA). so origin of the content doesn't prove the complacency of that region...

Back
Top Bottom