What's new

Breaking News - MiG29 damaged at hard landing at Carrier

You said it bro. If anyone is thinking the IN is just going to get up to running instantly and these sorts of things aren't going to take place in the first 18-24 months they are only lying to themselves.
I think longer. A minimum of 5 years in which they will have (many) more accidents.

It is the period in which not only will they learn to operate such planes with the Carrier, but also learn carrier maneuvers, landing and ops in different environments.

Eke out basic and advanced strategies, have tons of exercises and push to understand the limitations of the system put together.

It takes a minimum of 5 years for any major advanced system(system here means a combination of different both major and minor assets) to get integrated and start functioning such that the Armed Forces can really leverage it in times of crisis.

I read somewhere that the US's carrier ops cost more than 1100 lives in its initial stages.

I read somewhere that the US's carrier ops cost more than 1100 lives in its initial stages.
The US and UK both lost huge amounts of men and materials back in the 1960s-70s when they started experimenting with supersonic, high performance fighters off ACCs.

Mig29k will be the new flying coffins of the IAF after the mig-21 flying coffins are officially retired.

The US and UK both lost huge amounts of men and materials back in the 1960s-70s when they started experimenting with supersonic, high performance fighters off ACCs.

Flying off and landing on ACC's and operating on carrier beds is one of the most dangerous jobs for any navy personnel and equipment.

Damned news is not on any news website.As far as a hard landing goes I guess the landing gear wheel must be slightly damaged as in here.

US_Navy_030415-N-4142G-106_An_F-14D_Tomcat_assigned_to_the_%5Eldquo,Bounty_Hunters%5Erdquo,_of_Fighter_Squadron_Two_(VF-2)_makes_a_hard_landing_after_returning_from_a_mission_in_support_of_Operation_Iraqi_Freedom.jpg

Mig29k will be the new flying coffins of the IAF after the mig-21 flying coffins are officially retired.

Do remember your own airforce flies Mig 29s so choose your words wisely.

This must have been a very hard slam. Generally carrier aircraft come with that thick as Sania Mirza's thighs landing gear to absorb punishment.

Wow another post filled with sheer ignorance, stupidity and trolling.....

Not a single piece of information released and some genius already brings up stupid comments like this one.... keep it up :tup:

Tell me even one, just one nation that has the capability for carrier ops which did not have an accident while take off and landing.

Carrier landings are the most difficult ones and only a force of extremely well trained pilots can operate carrier borne aircraft.

Before you bitch around on others, how many carrier landings were done by pilots of your nation?

Exactly, ZERO.

Now grow up or keep embarrassing yourself kid.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom