What's new

Breaking News - Hawk Jet trainer crashed

The Ecuador case was very unfortunate for HAL and the ALH as a product.

CLose to 200 ALH are in service in India (with the IN, ICG, IA,IAF and police forces) with more orders being placed every year (the IN and ICG recently placed a joint order for 32 Mk.3s) and as we all know the Indian users are very hard to please so if they are happy with it it speaks very highly for the bird. The bird serves in the heights of Siachin, the deserts of Thar and everywhere in between.

Furthermore, it has been further refined over the years (Mk.1,Mk.2,Mk.3, Mk.4 etc).
even in the ia and iaf they have gone down but they ssem to be doing fine recently which is good.
ecuador is one of those that is unfortunate
The FAE was just a terrible customer to sell to in retrospect but the fact is they seem to crash every single type they operate in high numbers regardless of the source/type.
whos fae?

It's an idea.

But as it stands, the GoI has given Dassualt the authority to select their own partner and then this offer will be inspected by the MoD. I don't think Dassualt will want to engage in an overly complex structure (Dassualt-RIL-HAL JV).

But it should be noted that HAL/ADA is increasingly embracing the private sector and outsourcing sub-assembly production to them:

Fa6UkSe.png
good model, the british approve it. 8-)

even in the ia and iaf they have gone down but they ssem to be doing fine recently which is good.
A large number of them are in service in very hostile enviroments but very few have gone down. All military a/c types have crashes, the ALH is no different but it is not especially "crash prone" at all.

whos fae?
The Ecuadorian Air Force (Spanish: Fuerza Aérea Ecuatoriana, FAE) is the Air arm of the Military of Ecuador and responsible for the protection of the Ecuadorian airspace.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecuadorian_Air_Force

How is anyone else going to get this expereince if all deals are given to HAL? At some point one has to break their monopoly and that point has already come and gone, the past is the past, the future will be very different.

I agree, private players should be given a chance. More to the point, they should be given a fair playing field - that is what always goes missing, when a govt entity has a monopoly. This is why airline companies have run huge losses in India, and this is why telecom companies have failed to live up to their potential - because Air India and BSNL can do business with taxpayers' money, and don't need to worry about trivial things like profits and losses.

It is very important to let the private sector grow, to let private enterprise flourish. If India does that, and if India does that in a sensible manner, by utilizing the expertise of skilled workers who in the past worked in the public sector (like HAL or Indian airlines), then India has a bright future ahead.

TASL (TATA's strategic division) has been producing the entire cabin for every S-92 for years (including those meant for the POTUS in the near future) not to mention sub-assemblies of the CH-47F, F-18, P-8 and many other global products, I don't see any OEM having made any negative comments about TASL's work.

sikorsky-s-92-helicopter-manufacturing-unit-at-tasl.jpg

BL24_SIRKOSKY_1629262f.jpg

TH03_BU_SIKORSKY-S_1041700f.jpg
you have soften me up a bit here. the s-92 is a nice chopper

Let's see how it goes, I don't see why TATA couldn't service third party markets.
its not that they cant im saying it would be hard for them to do so.
That deal (for make in India) will be signed in 2017, the Defence Minister has stated this.
yeah ok 2017.......
It is taking an annoyingly long time mate but it is not far off now.
dont jinx it for goodness sake.

A large number of them are in service in very hostile enviroments but very few have gone down. All military a/c types have crashes, the ALH is no different but it is not especially "crash prone" at all.

The Ecuadorian Air Force (Spanish: Fuerza Aérea Ecuatoriana, FAE) is the Air arm of the Military of Ecuador and responsible for the protection of the Ecuadorian airspace.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecuadorian_Air_Force
yes i know the dhruvs are in service in large numbers

what made fae terrible?

you have soften me up a bit here. the s-92 is a nice chopper
Have you seen the CH-148?

hi-cyclone-helicopter-april-1-2010.jpg

CH-148-1.jpg

226401-v1-MHP.jpg

its not that they cant im saying it would be hard for them to do so.
Perhaps but TATA is an impressive compeny and Airbus are investing heavily in India so there is massive scope for these two giants to do great things together.

what made fae terrible?
They have a truly abysmal flight safety record across pretty much every platform they operate.

Oh Well! two more ties and a bit of taxpayers' money squandered, not too high a tab!

Canadian Merlins have had a complicated entry into service, Abingdon. Just sayin'

And it's highly likely that Reliance will be the local partner for any MII.
What Ayeesha in one of her comments and many others don't know
is that in the very high tech environment, processes are the key element.

You don't need a partner that knows how to do what you do because it's
too complex, you just need them to know how to make industry goods well.
Reliance has shown it can manufacture and adapt. The relationship will
work fine.

Cheers to the pilots and good day all, Tay.

Have you seen the CH-148?

hi-cyclone-helicopter-april-1-2010.jpg

CH-148-1.jpg

226401-v1-MHP.jpg

Perhaps but TATA is an impressive compeny and Airbus are investing heavily in India so there is massive scope for these two giants to do great things together.

They have a truly abysmal flight safety record across pretty much every platform they operate.
yes its nice. i would still go for the aw101 though, personal preferance.
the cheetah's and the rest of them are doing fine, the kfir's have been giving them problems.

yes its nice. i would still go for the aw101 though, personal preferance.
The CH-148s just look "meaner" and that's what I appreicate more.

What Ayeesha in one of her comments and many others don't know
is that in the very high tech environment, processes are the key element.

You don't need a partner that knows how to do what you do because it's
too complex, you just need them to know how to make industry goods well.
Reliance has shown it can manufacture and adapt. The relationship will
work fine.
Exactly, and at some point this is why HAL and Dassualt just couldn't work together- they are two "top dogs" with entrenched practicies, policies and work culture which may just be incompatible with one another. HAL would not have backed down nor would it have been open to being treated as anything but an equal.

Any Indian private player on the other hand will have no issue accepting the role of "junior partner" and will greedily absorb all the know how from a giant such as Dassualt.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom