What's new

Breaking News! Bangladesh China signed a contract worth $ 1 billion For BAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a Chinese source claiming price of J-10 A being 42 million... from 2010.
http://military.people.com.cn/h/2011/0808/c226678-878657922.html

Today is 2017 and the Jets are J-10B & C variants.

Also why would Chinese sell Bangladesh anything without even making 2% profit let alone sell on no loss no profit basis.. which isn't how countries work.

Even in case of Pak.. where the relations are solid and strategic , China sells equipment on "friendly rates" ... they still do with keeping profit in mind.

There is no free lunch.

Agreed there is no free lunch. But sometimes profit is not the goal of the transaction. Often times military hardware purchases are just as much about the politics. I guarantee the Chinese can absorb not making a profit on a transaction of this small scale. Keep in mind, China and India are vying for influence in Bangladesh.

A separate question may be however, why India and China even care in the first place, however that would be for another thread.

KJ-200

KJ-200, or 'Y-8 Balance Beam' system, is an AEW&C program developed by Shaanxi Aircraft Corporation. The key component of this aircraft is a brand new airborne radar system, visually similar to the Ericsson Erieye AESA system, as well as ventral radar domes. The platform of this aircraft is based on the latest Y-8 transport aircraft variation, Y-8F-600. It was reported Pratt & Whitney Canada PW150B turboprops and Honeywell avionics were added to the design. In Chinese National Day military parade 1 October 2009, the Air Force KJ-200 took the role as a lead plane.

can you clarify your statement more ? i mean with prices
a j10b goes for about $50, 40*16=800, kj-200 is about £150 and 7 k8's at $11 each is about 77 million

j10=800
kj-200=150
k8's=77
1027 million or1.027 billion

nobody knows how much the y20 costs but it would be $150+ and is most likely not for sale to foreign clients as it needs to meet local demand, that i we dont know if russia has given an export licence to china for the d30 engine

false news

a j10b goes for about $50, 40*16=800, kj-200 is about £150 and 7 k8's at $11 each is about 77 million

j10=800
kj-200=150
k8's=77
1027 million or1.027 billion

nobody knows how much the y20 costs but it would be $150+ and is most likely not for sale to foreign clients as it needs to meet local demand, that i we dont know if russia has given an export licence to china for the d30 engine

false news

False logic.

You dont know how much China will charge BD
for these planes. China is not engaged in BD for
short-term profit.

Y-20 designer says local engine will be installed next year or in 2019. 1 to BD will make little
difference for China that's needs hundreds for
itself.

That's damn cheap. The only reason China would sell them at this price would be to piss off India. I'm not sure how reliable the source is. Its better to wait for confirmation before celebrating

Exactly - let's see how the contract delivery unfolds.....

Fake news...

Maybe. But it definitely is plausible for several reasons.

1) Bangladesh is a traditional client of China.
2) BAF has an active need for more 4th gen multiroles.
3) The previous purchases of F-7BG and BGI were stated stop gaps.
4) If there really is a purchase of Flankers, theses Firebirds would be a perfect complement.
5) The improved economy of Bangladesh may well support this package.
6) The composition of the package is very reasonable and fulfills stated needs that the BAF has.
7) This is a win-win for China in that it increases it influence further in BD.
8) First exports of Y-20 and J-10.
9) Bangladesh has in the past supposedly sought F-16s which the US obviously laughed off.

As you can see, there are a variety of reasons that this rumor is possible if not likely.

Did I just see butt-hurt ?

Lol. What a troll.

Rather, i hope that its the J-10B instead of the J-10A.

Major disappointment if it would be the -A model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom