What's new

Breaking News! Bangladesh China signed a contract worth $ 1 billion For BAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it a break dude.

Western planes are more expensive than Chinese or Russian and China is not interested in making a profit at all from BD and will sell at the price of manufacture.
We still need to wait to see if the news is true though but if it is then happy days for BAF :nana:
Here is a Chinese source claiming price of J-10 A being 42 million... from 2010.
http://military.people.com.cn/h/2011/0808/c226678-878657922.html

Today is 2017 and the Jets are J-10B & C variants.

Also why would Chinese sell Bangladesh anything without even making 2% profit let alone sell on no loss no profit basis.. which isn't how countries work.

Even in case of Pak.. where the relations are solid and strategic , China sells equipment on "friendly rates" ... they still do with keeping profit in mind.

There is no free lunch.

4319581_original.jpg
the b variant is such a sexy plane.... it gives me eurofighter typhoon vibes.

Here is a Chinese source claiming price of J-10 A being 42 million... from 2010.
http://military.people.com.cn/h/2011/0808/c226678-878657922.html

Today is 2017 and the Jets are J-10B & C variants.

Also why would Chinese sell Bangladesh anything without even making 2% profit let alone sell on no loss no profit basis.. which isn't how countries work.

Even in case of Pak.. where the relations are solid and strategic , China sells equipment on "friendly rates" ... they still do with keeping profit in mind.

There is no free lunch.

Dude you don't know if China makes any profit by selling to Pakistan.

China will sell to BD at a highly discounted price.

No with 1 Billion dollar we can get at least 20+/- J-10B. noway a Chinese J-10B can priced 100 million dollar . however we have to wait for more authentic source for confirmation . But if true its a huge jump for Bangladesh Air Force truly marching toward 21st century .:-):china:
well we were already.... just the tooths decided to take their time growing.

China and Bangladesh have signed a contract for the supply of aviation equipment worth $ 1 billion.

According to the user network "Twitter" East Pendulum, between Bangladesh and China reportedly signed a contract worth $ 1 billion. To supply 16 J-10B fighter, seven K-8W combat-training aircraft , a Y-20 military transport plane (the first known export contract - bmpd), one aircraft KJ-200 AEW and other armaments.
View attachment 401112

source: http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2643443.html
(collected)

@monitor @masud @Avicenna @Doyalbaba @Philia @Bilal9 @Nabil365 @Mohammed Khaled @UKBengali @bdslph and others yea kiya ho gaya !! ! ! chini ki ek aur chal ? !! ! :mad: :sarcastic:

any other credible source because all this for 1 billions its way too cheap and even if cheap give a friendship price its way too too low

Dam that's Sounds too dam cheap almost impossible. But in reality very cleaver . My guess is its a fly away parches price only , Not include any tanning and spear parts .
If J-10 fly away cost is 40 million $$ each that will be:
  • J-10 16*40 million $$ = 640 million $$
  • K8-w 7 = 100 million $$
  • y-20 = 100 million
  • kj-200 = 100 million $$
In the end it is possible to buy those all birds , but with out training , parts and infrastructure
. May be BAF will pay for that later or China will do that for free (excluding spear parts ).

any other credible source because all this for 1 billions its way too cheap and even if cheap give a friendship price its way too too low
i think i have done fair math:
just unit prices (excluding spear parts)
7 k8= $70million
1 k200 AWACS=$150 million
1 Y20= $100million
16 J10B= $680 million
Dam that's Sounds too dam cheap almost impossible. But in reality very cleaver . My guess is its a fly away parches price only , Not include any tanning and spear parts .
  • y-20 = 100 million
  • kj-200 = 75 million $$
In the end it is possible to buy those all birds , but with out training , parts and infrastructure
. May be BAF will pay for that later or China will do that for free (excluding spear parts ).
K8 cost $10million
@wanglaokan am I making sense ?

Last edited:
  • y-20 = 100 million
  • kj-200 = 75 million $$
K8 cost $10million

it's not necessarily the g2g contracts i'm talking about... companies like lockheed martin employs other smaller companies who supplies them with the parts and sometimes those smaller companies employ much smaller companies for the same... ever wondered how f-35s cost mounted up so high? it's not necessarily the research that has gone in them, but testing and production methods improvements....
That's not how contract work. When you go govt to govt.

It doesn't matter from where Lockheed sorts its part or so on. That's not part of the contract.

if i am correct ( i might not be ) i remember hearing vietnam or venezuela getting their sukhois around 12 or so for that price quite a few years back. im not sure... correct me if i am wrong.

This source says they bought it for 60 million a pop;

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/venezuela-buying-su30s-helicopters-et-al-from-russia-02472/

well don't worry about the engine maintenance.... we have signed deals with the russians for that in the sukhoi deal.... as the j-10 have common engine so does the price for training crew for that particular aircraft comes down.

Lol, I don't know if Bangladesh has bought any Su-30s but there are other things to keep in mind when you talk about Jets not just engine maintenance.
so 800 mil for the j-16s alone... 200 mil lets say for the y-20... the rest funded by us.... as i said before we are funding it with our own money too......
Ok.

K8 cost $10million
Wouldn't mind the deal (considering any sale of K-8, Pak shares the profit).

That's not how contract work. When you go govt to govt.

It doesn't matter from where Lockheed sorts its part or so on. That's not part of the contract.

This source says they bought it for 60 million a pop;

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/venezuela-buying-su30s-helicopters-et-al-from-russia-02472/

Lol, I don't know if Bangladesh has bought any Su-30s but there are other things to keep in mind when you talk about Jets not just engine maintenance.

Ok.

Wouldn't mind the deal (considering any sale of K-8, Pak shares the profit).
I'm not talking about g2g contracts bro. I am talking about why US weapons have higher price on average.

I did mention that part where maintenance price could come down because of the engine commonality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom