What's new

Breaking News! Bangladesh China signed a contract worth $ 1 billion For BAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
China and Bangladesh have signed a contract for the supply of aviation equipment worth $ 1 billion.

According to the user network "Twitter" East Pendulum, between Bangladesh and China reportedly signed a contract worth $ 1 billion. To supply 16 J-10B fighter, seven K-8W combat-training aircraft , a Y-20 military transport plane (the first known export contract - bmpd), one aircraft KJ-200 AEW and other armaments.
View attachment 401112

source: http://bmpd.livejournal.com/2643443.html
(collected)
That's impossible in that amount.

Even if you get these on a fly away basis , excluding training,spares and infra.

I would be skeptical until we get more confirmation from official sources.

However, if true this is a FANTASTIC package.

I think it is possible for 1 billion US dollars, thanks to China. Its up to them to charge how much they want...

I think the tug of war between China and India for influence in Bangladesh would have alot to do for such a low subsidized price for such a package. So I do think it is very possible that it is true.

Furthermore, the composition of the package is just fantastic. A reasonable number of J-10B for a full squadron.
An additional 7 K-8 to fill out the existing 9. And then 1 each of the Y-20 and KJ-200 to get a taste of operating types such as those. To me it shows a measured and rational approach to expanding BAF capability, done with financial prudence.

All in all, very excellent news if true.

That's damn cheap. The only reason China would sell them at this price would be to piss off India. I'm not sure how reliable the source is. Its better to wait for confirmation before celebrating

BAF has been trying to procure j-10 though. Hope it is true.

Nope. J-10b fly away cost is around 40 million US dollars per plane.

Ok, we need to wait for official confirmation from either BD or China to be sure.
Pak had contracted a deal for J-10s during Musharafs regime in mid 2000s... the price quoted back than was 35 million.

Today even the JF-17 block II costs over 35 million per unit, and that too excluding any training,infrastructure help,parts.

1 billion credit line....+ funds from our sides....
the news is legit.... china is giving out 1 bil but most of that will be used to buy missiles, equipments are other stuff for these planes.... it funds the y-20 and kj-200... j-10b and k-8 is funded with state money also....

now you know why we didn't go full out with the sukhoi..... have recieved this news yesterday.... didn;t have time to post it here.

Pak had contracted a deal for J-10s during Musharafs regime in mid 2000s... the price quoted back than was 35 million.

Today even the JF-17 block II costs over 35 million per unit, and that too excluding any training,infrastructure help,parts.
j-10 a was back then in flight testing isn;t it? i heard it was inducted from around 2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom