What's new

Breaking!!! Bahria Town ATTACKED by MOB - FIRE Everywhere

I don't believe that these people just woke up and decided to head for the enclave and burn everything.
It's looks all planned and backed up by some culprits sitting in power corridors of Karachi who may have fallen foul with Malak Riaz or not getting their hand in the cookie jar.
These buildings take months if not years to construct....were these people in a coma that they just woke up.

View attachment 751144
This is what clearly visible in such incidents.

how come in 1947 , our Indian muslim brothers who escaped india had decided to all go live in sindh. was that accidental or was it easy to transport to. other Pakistanis provinces didn’t get this influx hardly any I always wondered on this.

There is no way of answering this without being controversial or sounding bitter.

This is because Punjab did not accept them. They did not let non-Punjabis disembark the trains. A famous story is that they told the train filled with migrants that "Pakistan aggay hay (Pakistan is further away)." There was nothing for them in Baluchistan & the NWFP wouldn't have let them in either.

In the end Sindh and Bengal decided to take them in, at least till things settled down. Even though, Quaid promised immigrant population would subsequently be distributed to all provinces equally that did not happen. IMO, major culprits in ensuring that the immigrant population was not reallocated to other provinces were Liaquat Ali Khan and other migrant cabinet ministers. Sensing they did not have any constituency within Pakistan where they would ever achieve winning number of votes they not only ensured the settlement of Urdu speaking people in Urban Sindh - particularly Karachi where the capital and cabinet members were based - but also systematically forced the Hindu Sindhis out. This went on till the 1950s. What does not come up is that there were series of pogroms against Sindhi Hindus immediately after partition. During the first one Quaid successfully intervened to save lives and properties of Hindus in Urban Sindh. But the one in the 1950s, the Hindus were left helpless. I once had a discussion with a Hindu Sindhi whose family migrated to India. According to him, "the Muslim Sindhis did not so much laid a finger on us. So, you can guess who did."

While Nehru in India was quick to draft the country's constitution within couple of years Liaquat did not so much drop an ink on a paper to draft a constitution. Doing so would have meant election and election would have meant Liaquat's removal from the premiership.

Sindh Assembly members like Syed Miran Muhammad Shah in the end went along with settling Indian immigrants in Sindh. Much of Karachi's legal extensions you see today were planned by that man to accommodate the unnaturally increasing population. Of course, Sindhis (and Bengalis) were quick to realise they were in the wrong. Didn't even get a thank you note.

All of the above that I have said does not, however, provide excuse for what happened in BTK today.

Last edited:
It does. Colonizers are not under the rule of the government. In this situation there is a government that is representative of the people and it gave approvals for the project. The process was even scrutinized by the judicial system and regularized.

The project is open for all citizens regardless of their ethnic background. So all these parallels with colonization are false.
His argument was base Don the premise that the area was undeveloped and worthless and now it's developed and what I'm saying is ghat that's the same thing settlers argue, sugarcane ranges in America's were generating more revenue than mere jungles.

His argument was base Don the premise that the area was undeveloped and worthless and now it's developed and what I'm saying is ghat that's the same thing settlers argue, sugarcane ranges in America's were generating more revenue than mere jungles.
There is a difference, he is pointing that the land was “sold”, although, for a fraction at the time when it was not developed.

Guys, here's a personal story. My late father bought a 10 Marla plot about 20 miles outside Rawalpindi during the 80s. His name came up in 'Qura Andazi' which i believe is like a raffle. The land was acquired by some Rawalpindi Housing Association and plots were being offered at a very reasonable price. Which is understandable as apparently there wasn't even 20 yards of flat surface in it. It was all full of small hills, mounds and ravines, farmers from nearby would graze their Buffalos and Cows on the grounds. The other main advantage was you had the option to pay instalments every six months.
During the course of the period, some charges were demanded for the development of the sector including electric supply and road works. However during 90s before any construction started, the sector shut down and every one thought it was another scam. But when Sheikh Rasheed got elected he decided to intervene.....people were either offered refunds or asked to stay put as the development would be revived....my father opted far latter. Eventually, the development was taken over by DHA. Today my plot sits a stone throw away from the famous Giga Mall. I have been offered well in access of one crore for the same piece of land. The DHA has built roads, put up street lights and has provided other utilities there just like Bharia Town does but on a much grander scale. Does this gives a right to farmers or whoever originally sold land to erstwhile Rawalpindi Hosing Association to turn up and start tearing or burning down all the developments that is happening. The scumbags who damaged or destroyed the BT enclave should be put to sword. No ifs or buts.

Situation is analogous to Israeli Settlers taking possession of native Palestininan lands and then building housing coonies on them. No differant. The poor villagers are forced out by large rackets. This is their reaction of throwing stones against their oppressors.

The funny thing is all Pakistani's are up in arms in support of the oppressed but here they will apply another rule.

Worthless barren lands with no value, God forbid someone developing them.

Backward dogs. Feudal lords, both in Sindh and in the Government are the worst enemy of Sindh's development.

This "ancient land" is just an excuse by them to make a case for themselves.

1. Be offered good compensation for land that is otherwise useless and valueless.
2. See the company add value to the land they bought and see its price rocket.
3. Use the Sindh card and resort to violence now using petty excuses.

It is so easy to investigate who brought all these animals to BT and charge him/them with terrorism, but we know nothing will happen. MR will throw them some crumbs and everyone will be happy except the average people who invested in the property and suffered all this loss and trauma. The bastard Pakistan Judges (the authentic sons of whores) in the meantime will keep kissing corrupt politicians arse as their loyal dogs

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom