What's new

Brahmins Fought for Imam Hussain in the Battle of Karbala

Status
Not open for further replies.
but one thing is certain this chapter does exist in History[/B].

:rofl:

My first time using those smilies .. I thought I would save it for someone special.

To Whom It may concern:

If you do not know anything does not mean it is not part of the history :rofl:

One of that story does exist in the books of History however cannot be confirmed by authentic source (imo). Karbala is a myth and i am yet to come across even one scholar who knows everything about Karbala.

It is like a bead of the "Tasbih". Some peoples know a little while other knows other part of the story. It is not easy to know all the facts. Just to know why Karbala took place you can write 10s or may be 100s of books and then imagine how many books you can write on the war?.

I heard about this Brahmin family couple of years ago and i am yet to read from any authentic source. Those who believes quoted only verbally and i am yet to come across any reliable book where these facts were mentioned but one thing is certain this chapter does exist in History.
u know what a myth is??n there are many scholarly works available on karbala....take pains n find one plz...
n sorry to say but i feel pity u dont know the reasons of karbala..n on the main reasons all main sects agree!!that i think u know well

Hazrat Ali did had stiff relationships with Amir Mua'avia and fought a war against him but he was not behind the killing of Hazrat Ali.
it was s transitional phase just as i presume Hazrat Ali (Radiallah Anho) didnt have stiff reltions with Hazrat Aisha(Radiallh Anha)..the issue of hunting down the murderers of previous caliph was settled..

Originally Posted by Justin Joseph
After the extermination of Ali, Moavia grabbed the Caliphate and converted the Islamic state into a kingdom,
Hazrat Moavia was respected in the caliphate..it was his son sho started all this...

The funny thing is that i can challenge you the writer does not know how many companions of Hazrat Imam Hussain participated in this war. I did not read the number so far but i am sure he does not know anything. As far as i know only 1 brahmind family participated in the whole story of Imam Hussain R.A. I will share the story later on
i think they were seventy--the shohdas (that incidence is coming to my mind when hazrat Hussain (Radiallah Anho) rode the back of Holy Prophet (Salallaho Alaihe Wasallam) in sajda n Huzoor(Salallaho Alaihe Wasallam)had to say the Tasbeeh 70 times)..n as per my knoeledge Hazrat Hussain was accompanied by his family mambers n ppl from Madina Pak.

:rofl:

My first time using those smilies .. I thought I would save it for someone special.

Well i feel happy for you - Finally i did something to bring smile on someone's face. I am happy with that :)

u know what a myth is??n there are many scholarly works available on karbala....take pains n find one plz...
n sorry to say but i feel pity u dont know the reasons of karbala..n on the main reasons all main sects agree!!that i think u know well

Well believe me or not but if i go and write a book on Karbala i may write a book with several hundred pages. So you can understand its not like i do not know about Karbala.

Oh yeh .. never heard this one ! can you enlighten us more why do u karbala event " a myth ??

By Myth i mean there are number of issues where Sunni and Shia's have disagreements. So its 90% a true story remaining 10% i believe is a myth. Just go and listen the story of Karbala from 2 scholars of different sects and see how much difference you find in their version of stories.

Listen to 10 scholars and he will tell you 10 different versions of this story. There will be certain points where you could agree and there will be certain things that you will hear for the first time and might not agree.

In my life whenever i heard or read the story of Karbala from different books or scholars i always found them sayings something never heard before. It is not like i do not know about Karbala but its like a beads of the tasbih where you can to gather whatever you can and still some beads will be missing.

Just give me one short answer of my question and i explain why i said is myth.

1) Why this war took place? just go for the shortest version of your answer

i think they were seventy--the shohdas (that incidence is coming to my mind when hazrat Hussain (Radiallah Anho) rode the back of Holy Prophet (Salallaho Alaihe Wasallam) in sajda n Huzoor(Salallaho Alaihe Wasallam)had to say the Tasbeeh 70 times)..n as per my knoeledge Hazrat Hussain was accompanied by his family mambers n ppl from Madina Pak.
No that was Makkah......................

Hazrat Imam Hussain (RA) had left Madina and migrated to Makkah from where he started his journey to Karbala

No that was Makkah......................

Hazrat Imam Hussain (RA) had left Madina and migrated to Makkah from where he started his journey to Karbala

but he resided in Madina..went to Masjid-e-Nabvi (Salallaho Alaihe Wasallam) before moving to Makkah..
ok u can say the journey started from Makkah..(i may b going wrong)..no offfence.

but he resided in Madina..went to Masjid-e-Nabvi (Salallaho Alaihe Wasallam) before moving to Makkah..
ok u can say the journey started from Makkah..(i may b going wrong)..no offfence.

True ......agreed :tup:

He resided in Madina before moving to Makkah and from there he was accompanied by his Family members (Ahl-e-Bayt) and both Ansari and the residents of Makkah.

He received the letters (in Makkah) from the peoples of Kufa and you know the story after that :smokin:

Haq and Batil , Hussain ibne Ali was on Haq and yazid ibne muwiah was batil

yes true.................. but i was asking the reasons of this war

I have heard dozens of stories about the real cause of this war for example

1) Yazid became Caliph and he was a wicked man (then a long lecture of his evil acts).

2) Yazid became caliph and the Islamic caliphate was being transformed into Kingship (and a long lecture)

3) Hazrat Imam Hussain married with a girl and Yazid had proposed her before (another long lecture)

4) The peoples of Kufa were against Yazid and wrote bundles of letters to him pledging support to him (again a very long lecture on this topic)

I can name many more but i know the more i mentioned the more this topic will be turning into flames. These are not my opinions but of scholars.............

Then starts Hazrat Imam Hussain's journey and the death of Hazrat Muslim bin Aqeel (R.A.) and his sons. You find different opinion on his death. You find dozens of opinion about what happened when he reached in Karabala. Some says he was told to go back. Some says he was forced to stay there. Some says he went back but after all day of walking he reached the same place again. Some says he refused to go back.

and then start the war and then Sham-e-Ghareeban and then what happened after Karbala.

If all of them is true then some of the points will be colliding with each other and there are lots of stories about what was going on behind the Karbala. Overall we can agree on 80 - 90% of the story and rest is a myth

yes true.................. but i was asking the reasons of this war

I have heard dozens of stories about the real cause of this war for example

1) Yazid became Caliph and he was a wicked man (then a long lecture of his evil acts).

2) Yazid became caliph and the Islamic caliphate was being transformed into Kingship (and a long lecture)

3) Hazrat Imam Hussain married with a girl and Yazid had proposed her before (another long lecture)

4) The peoples of Kufa were against Yazid and wrote bundles of letters to him pledging support to him (again a very long lecture on this topic)

I can name many more but i know the more i mentioned the more this topic will be turning into flames. These are not my opinions but of scholars.............

Then starts Hazrat Imam Hussain's journey and the death of Hazrat Muslim bin Aqeel (R.A.) and his sons. You find different opinion on his death. You find dozens of opinion about what happened when he reached in Karabala. Some says he was told to go back. Some says he was forced to stay there. Some says he went back but after all day of walking he reached the same place again. Some says he refused to go back.

and then start the war and then Sham-e-Ghareeban and then what happened after Karbala.

If all of them is true then some of the points will be colliding with each other and there are lots of stories about what was going on behind the Karbala. Overall we can agree on 80 - 90% of the story and rest is a myth

Not a Mula but if u beleive 90% of above is true than you certainly are reading or hearing another version which i am unaware off. I dont want to get into religious debate or flaming either but what i know since asked for is ::
yazid wanted Imam Hussain to Bait ( accept his kingship ) and he refused . Rest cut long story short he murdered Imam Hussain and his family in Karbala in a rather ruthless and brutal way. Ashura was the day they were murdered and Sham e Ghariban is the eve of Ashura when yazid and his followers came along to behead all Martyrs , followed by looting and burning tents where they were only women and children, followed by puting impriosining all that was left i.e women and children

Not a Mula but if u beleive 90% of above is true than you certainly are reading or hearing another version which i am unaware off. I dont want to get into religious debate or flaming either but what i know since asked for is ::
yazid wanted Imam Hussain to Bait ( accept his kingship ) and he refused . Rest cut long story short he murdered Imam Hussain and his family in Karbala in a rather ruthless and brutal way. Ashura was the day they were murdered and Sham e Ghariban is the eve of Ashura when yazid and his followers came along to behead all Martyrs , followed by looting and burning tents where they were only women and children, followed by puting impriosining all that was left i.e women and children
well thats another version of the same story. I just you there are many versions of the same story and i am well aware of your version of this story too.

And indeed he was killed on the day of Ashura but also bear in Mind "Ashura is not called Ashura because Imam Hussain (R.A.) was killed on this day". It has its own significance in Ahadees and is considered one of the holiest days of Muslim's calendar.

Anyways lets stop talking about this topic for now

Imam Hussain (RA) was a true martyr for the message of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W). Only in Salah they could kill such a lion of Islam, Where in namaaz he was lost to this world and was all but Allah's (S.W.T). I am from the Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat and we have utmost love for the Ahle Bait.

Imam Hussain (RA) was a true martyr for the message of Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W). Only in Salah they could kill such a lion of Islam, Where in namaaz he was lost to this world and was all but Allah's (S.W.T). I am from the Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat and we have utmost love for the Ahle Bait.

wrong - He was martyed in fighting (i think the last man left except Hazrat Imam Zain-ul-Abideen)

You are talking about Hazrat Ali RA i think (or could be Hazrat Umar R.A.)

well thats another version of the same story. I just you there are many versions of the same story and i am well aware of your version of this story too.

And indeed he was killed on the day of Ashura but also bear in Mind "Ashura is not called Ashura because Imam Hussain (R.A.) was killed on this day". It has its own significance in Ahadees and is considered one of the holiest days of Muslim's calendar.

Anyways lets stop talking about this topic for now

Two versions of one story?? How is that not surprising at all?? Who decides what version of the story really happened?? People will understand what they are willing to. Saving of Islam was probably the most significant thing that happened on that day. So say most of us that are not shia's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom