What's new

Borei Class nuclear submarines for India?

India badly needs a modern submarine fleet. In recent years, Russia has begun building a new class of nuclear powered ballistic submarines, the Borei Class of vessels. Modi should pitch for these submarines.
If this requires cutting expenditures elsewhere, that should be done without any hesitation. Our relationship with Russia is too important to be left to the vicissitudes of indifferent foreign policy. The time to become proactive is now.

View attachment 162389

Borei-class-submarine.jpeg

00-ria-novosti-infographics-ssbn-yuri-dolgoruky-2011.jpg

Gentlemen, Your thoughts and rants, Please.

How Russia can sell those boats when they only have 1 or 2, first they will full fill their requirement as they need them most due to new confrontation with west, then they can sell or lease those to India or China if they want.

How Russia can sell those boats when they only have 1 or 2, first they will full fill their requirement as they need them most due to new confrontation with west, then they can sell or lease those to India or China if they want.

Just like they can sell u su-35 and mig-35:lol:

Just like they can sell u su-35 and mig-35:lol:

Have you studied International Relations??

Even if Russia take pressure from India, they can sell both jets to Pakistan, Mig-35 direct sale as it is not Superior to MKIs an Su-35 via China.

Dosen't work like that.

U don't need to study international relations to know this.

Yes u do, that is why it is a separate subject to study, initially it was just part of Political Science but it is so vast that it become separate subject and it is very deep even war is part of this subject. Although I have Masters Degree in this subject but still sometimes I feel that I need to study more.

Doesn't work like that.

U don't need to study international relations to know this.

Weapon sales are quite intricate in nature and pulls in a lot of diplomacy, geo politics and inter relations - he is right in that sense at least.

Yes u do, that is why it is a separate subject to study, initially it was just part of Political Science but it is so vast that it become separate subject and it is very deep even war is part of this subject. Although I have Masters Degree in this subject but still sometimes I feel that I need to study more.

Nice,,but u are wrong on su-25 and mig-35:D

Weapon sales are quite intricate in nature and pulls in a lot of diplomacy, geo politics and inter relations - he is right in that sense at least.

Yes only if both parties are at same level which is clearly not the case here.

He gave a sound theory to back this claim of his in another thread which makes sense in theory but will not happen in reality - because you are right on the inequality angle.

The way Pakistani military have handled Russian affairs since last 5 years it is surprisingly good, they have done good job getting Russia closer but here is one thing which Indians are missing i.e. China factor, Russia is coming close to Pakistan because China is also pushing them to do so and they need China more then India, China is in position that they can finance Su-35 deal just to get few for them self while it will be hitting two goals with one arrow, but if Russia think they can not annoy India to that extent then still they can sell those jet to Pakistan through China, as China can resell or lease those to Pakistan, while Russia just say to India its China who did that and we can't stop them.

I don't think its remotely possible. Russia is a signatory of MTRC , NTP and all those treaties.
They can not sell a SSBN and only lease a SSN that to without land attack capability.

Secondly, in my opinion, Arihant and Boris are basically the same class of subs. The difference is the tech goes into it. The reactor, no of missile tubes and all....

Then why we need the Borie? Better we get the tech. and upgrade the Arihant class to that standard. In that price we may get couple of SSN attack subs each for a CGB.

That's more logical.

I predict a sale. Do remember I said it today. 8-)

What's the point of having a more capable SSBN, when you don't have more capable ballistic missiles? So even IF we could get them, they hardly would add any advantages to India. I was always more open for a lincence production deal for Yasen class SSN's, that really would be a game changer in terms of capability and much more suitable to sub launched Brahmos or Nirbhay missiles.

I don't think its remotely possible. Russia is a signatory of MTRC , NTP and all those treaties.
They can not sell a SSBN and only lease a SSN that to without land attack capability.

Secondly, in my opinion, Arihant and Boris are basically the same class of subs. The difference is the tech goes into it. The reactor, no of missile tubes and all....

Then why we need the Borie? Better we get the tech. and upgrade the Arihant class to that standard. In that price we may get couple of SSN attack subs each for a CGB.

That's more logical.

it is highly unlikely russia would simply part with their much coveted nuclear tech so easily. and russia havent got enough of these subs for themselves yet and so it unlikely to loan or sell to anyone else for many years if ever. and u cant simply upgrade the Arihant to Barei standards, u would need to design a new sub.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom