What's new

Borei Class nuclear submarines for India?

Traditionally, defence has been a pivotal area of cooperation between India and Russia and the latter’s support has been unstinting. Here too, there has been drift in the last few years and some corrective action is much needed.

India badly needs a modern submarine fleet. In recent years, Russia has begun building a new class of nuclear powered ballistic submarines, the Borei Class of vessels. Modi should pitch for these submarines.
If this requires cutting expenditures elsewhere, that should be done without any hesitation. Our relationship with Russia is too important to be left to the vicissitudes of indifferent foreign policy. The time to become proactive is now.

View attachment 162389

Borei-class-submarine.jpeg

00-ria-novosti-infographics-ssbn-yuri-dolgoruky-2011.jpg

Gentlemen, Your thoughts and rants, Please.

SSBN's could not be sold under MTCR.

Akula was SSN, not SSBN.

@SpArK : Forgot about our own INS arihant?

If anything, we should purchase nuclear attack subs - Akula 2, or its successor being developed. It's the lack of attack submarines that is a concern presently.

@SpArK in competition with brothers across the border for jingoistic threads.:D

If anything, we should purchase nuclear attack subs - Akula 2, or its successor being developed. It's the lack of attack submarines that is a concern presently.

If we had k4/k5 today with similar size to bulava(if) then yes this sub is many times better than arihant.

Yes, even I believe if we ask Yasen-Class, the russian will refuse. They just giving us 90s technology,, not new one.

If we had k4/k5 today with similar size to bulava(if) then yes this sub is many times better than arihant.

Its my first of a kind in all these years in this forum.....8-)

I was bored hence thought of borei...but i have feeling this may come true, like Rafale prediction days.

Wait and watch.:crazy_pilot:

I was bored hence thought of borei...but i have feeling this may come true, like Rafale prediction days.

Bro, then why we dont thinking about Yasen class, instead of 2nd Akula. Because russia never offer India with its top notch tech. in strategic weapons.

There are many things in the world that are better thhan what we have - but that deosn't mean we purchase them just for the heck of it. INS arihant and its follow on subs will provide us with the capabilities we need for quite some time to come. There is such a thing as priority - when we are desperately short of quality attack subs, that's what we should consider getting.

There are many things in the world that are better thhan what we have - but that deosn't mean we purchase them just for the heck of it. INS arihant and its follow on subs will provide us with the capabilities we need for quite some time to come. There is such a thing as priority - when we are desperately short of quality attack subs, that's what we should consider getting.

I was merely stating x>>>>>y.

It would come true only if WWIII breaks out and India is fighting on Russia's side. Else it would never come true.

Sale of SSBN's is outright prohibited by MTCR.

0 chance,,the shipyards are full till 2020 at least for these.
Plus i am not sure we can get this.

If we can, just get it

Only the Govt ones are full
Pvt ones like pipav & L&T have a lot of spare capacity

Traditionally, defence has been a pivotal area of cooperation between India and Russia and the latter’s support has been unstinting. Here too, there has been drift in the last few years and some corrective action is much needed. Talks for a multi-billion dollar Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft joint project have been on for close to five years now with no end in sight. It requires that personal touch of leaders than often creates magic.

Similarly, India badly needs a modern submarine fleet. In recent years, Russia has begun building a new class of nuclear powered ballistic submarines, the Borei Class of vessels. Modi should pitch for these submarines. If this requires cutting expenditures elsewhere, that should be done without any hesitation.
Unquote

Winds of friendship from Moscow India has to be diplomatically deft in order to balance its ties with US and Russia
link
Winds of friendship from Moscow - Livemint

Ek aad sample ki le lo, baki ki yahi bana lenge :angel:

on topic : I dnt think its possible to get it.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom