What's new

Borei Class nuclear submarines for India?

When India gets really desperate, there is a high possibility that Putin would technolgy-transfer a "Brahmos"- class nuclear-powered toilet to India I guess.
Lol, any bad experience with India? Or just indophobia.

When India gets really desperate, there is a high possibility that Putin would technolgy-transfer a "Brahmos"- class nuclear-powered toilet to India I guess.
Are you serious ? We already have Russian nuclear submarine and another one to be leased aswell . Don't get surprised if India get its hand on borei . It will be kept as secret until we get it . Possibilities are huge

It's a great submarine .But it's not possible to sell a nuclear to India . It's against international law I guess . But we can surely get help from Russians and build it on our own . Only way . I really wonder what stops India from getting submarine launched intercontinental ballistic missile technology under the table .? Chinese did it for decades not only with Russia but also from Israel. Just two of these submarines can with fully capable BM will surely keep china at bay ! Modi should look into this . If possible do send you idea to my gov . Com or .In . Search Google .

Please note these submarines are highly advanced than anything even Russians have . These kind of superior weapons are built to revamp Russian armed forces might. For war with west (Ukraine invasion). I don't think russia will give it or sell it to us . As they them self need borei class submarines.

Not to forget, advanced pump jet drive.

Traditionally, defence has been a pivotal area of cooperation between India and Russia and the latter’s support has been unstinting. Here too, there has been drift in the last few years and some corrective action is much needed.

India badly needs a modern submarine fleet. In recent years, Russia has begun building a new class of nuclear powered ballistic submarines, the Borei Class of vessels. Modi should pitch for these submarines.
If this requires cutting expenditures elsewhere, that should be done without any hesitation. Our relationship with Russia is too important to be left to the vicissitudes of indifferent foreign policy. The time to become proactive is now.

View attachment 162389

Borei-class-submarine.jpeg

00-ria-novosti-infographics-ssbn-yuri-dolgoruky-2011.jpg

Gentlemen, Your thoughts and rants, Please.

0 chance,,the shipyards are full till 2020 at least for these.
Plus i am not sure we can get this.

If we can, just get it

Go and play battle sh!ts somewhere else.

0 chance,,the shipyards are full till 2020 at least for these.
Plus i am not sure we will get this.

If we can just get it

Its a not a question of shipyard even. It will have far reaching consequences, including changes in geopolitics and balance of power/

Also its made for bulava slbm,,,so prety much useless for us,,whole design may need to change for k4 and k5 slbm.

Its a waste of such a wonderful platform, if it gonna weaponize with K-15. Even we cant weaponize a foreign platform with a missile, which have a range of more than 300 Km.

And Russia dont gonna transfer Bulva SSBN. Its a pure myth, it not gonna happen in this world.
Russia won't transfer Bulava but if Borei class is bought by India then we wont have to spend on R&D of Arihant class follow on and that money could be used on developing the K-6 according to the size of the missile hatches.
Are you sure about the non weaponisation of foreign platform above 300 km because we are trying to induct Nirbhay on Russian Su-30

Also its made for bulava slbm,,,so prety much useless for us,,whole design may need to change for k4 and k5 slbm.

Even if we able to deploy Sangarika on its 16 tubes, then still its a wastage of such a wonderful, silent platform.

In a laser weapon, you cant use wood arrows.

what you needs borei for if you've already got modi, whose mouth is more haphazard than a pile of nuclear waste disposal?
Nope, we are trying to get Borei because Pakistan refused us Laal Topi mental bomb.So Borei is just our secondary option.

Russia won't transfer Bulava but if Borei class is bought by India then we wont have to spend on R&D of Arihant class follow on and that money could be used on developing the K-6 according to the size of the missile hatches.
Are you sure about the non weaponisation of foreign platform above 300 km because we are trying to induct Nirbhay on Russian Su-30

Bro, even we cant deploy Nirbhay missile in Akula. It will be deployed in S-2,S-3 and S-4, after S-5. S-6 and S-7 goes operational.

Then the Arihant class will work as SSGN, not Akula.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom