What's new

Border Bandwidth: Northeast states e-connect with the world via Bangladesh

Here, the truth is coming out. Basically anyone from other Indian states is a "Bangladeshi" to these tree dwellers.

Are illegal Banglas not bangladeshi than what ? everywhere these slumlords go,they create slums,filth,crime .

Border Bandwidth: Northeast states e-connect with the world via Bangladesh​

After India developed waterways, railway and road connectivity between the northeast region and the rest of the country and the world via Bangladesh​

By - Sentinel Digital Desk

Published On 2022-05-02 02:26 GMT | Update On 2022-05-02 02:26 GMT
Border Bandwidth

AGARTALA/SHILLONG: After India developed waterways, railway and road connectivity between the northeast region and the rest of the country and the world via Bangladesh, New Delhi recently connected the land-locked region with the remaining parts of the country and the world through telecommunications via the neighbouring country.

For making available high quality and high-speed internet access to the northeastern states of India, the state-ownedBharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has recently commissioned additional international bandwidth for internet connectivity through Cox's Bazar in southeast Bangladesh. This will also facilitate in reduction of latency and congestion in internet traffic to and from the region.

BSNL officials in Agartala said that the availability of high-speed internet access would help in the establishment of software parks and high-speed data centres for business purposes in the northeastern states.

"It would benefit the citizens in accessing various e-services including e-governance, e-education, e-health, e-commerce, e-banking and other digital services. Arrangement of additional international bandwidth for internet connectivity would also boost employment and tourism in these states," the official told IANS, refusing to be named.

He said that the Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF) under the Department of Telecommunication is providing BSNL with a subsidy and financial support of 80 per cent for three years for the two recently commissioned international bandwidths each with 10-gigabyte bandwidth.

The Bangladesh Submarine Cable Company Limited has maintained Cox's Bazar's high capacity International Internet Gateway (IIG).

The northeastern states, surrounded by China, Myanmar, Bhutan, and Nepal besides Bangladesh, got international internet connectivity through Mumbai and Chennai IIGs, but the long-distance created problems like very slow speed and drop of linkages.

The new telecommunication arrangements, according to the experts, would further boost the trade, economy and tourism prospects of the northeastern states.

Tripura Chamber of Commerce and Industry President M L Debnath said that the newly commissioned additional international bandwidth for internet connectivity through Cox's Bazar in Bangladesh would not only boost the trade and economy of India's northeastern region but it would also facilitate tourism, education, and people-to-people contact in a greater way.

"As we are now living in the digital world, high-speed internet connectivity is the crucial part of the virtual era. The government's steps would also boost information technology and employment generation," Debnath told IANS.

Before the telecommunication links, India and Bangladesh during the past few years have expanded the waterways between the two neighbours. India's West Bengal and Assam are now connected with several waterways of Bangladesh.

Bangladesh Shipping Minister Khalid Mahmud Chowdhury earlier this month said in Guwahati that the waterways of his country could be utilized for transportation between Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Bhutan.

About 8,480 km of the navigable waterway of Bangladesh could be utilized for transportation and distribution of goods between Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Bhutan, he said.

Chowdhury added that there are 700 rivers in Bangladesh, out of which 54 are on the boundary between Bangladesh and India.

According to the officials of the Northeast Frontier Railways (NFR), after the partition in 1947, seven rail links were operational between India and then East Pakistan till 1965.

At present, five rail links are operational between India and Bangladesh: Petrapole-Benapole, Gede-Darshana, Singhabad-Rohanpur, Radhikapur-Birol and Haldibari-Chilahati.

The NFR is now executing the 12.24 km Agartala (India)-Akhaura (Bangladesh) Rs 1,000 crore railway project. After completion, it would facilitate the ferrying of goods to and from both the countries and greatly benefit India's landlocked northeastern states.

NFR officials said that after the commissioning of the Agartala-Akhaura railway project, people of the northeastern states, especially Tripura will be able to go to Kolkata by train, saving 22 hours of travelling time.

Currently, people of the region especially Tripura and the adjoining areas have to go to Kolkata via Guwahati by train spending more than 38 hours.

The journey between Agartala and Kolkata, via Bangladesh, would be reduced by a third, from 1,613-km through mountainous northeastern states via Siliguri (West Bengal) to a mere 514 km, the NFR officials said.

The Tripura government with the approval of the Indian and Bangladesh governments has built a 1.9 km long bridge for Rs 133 crore over the Feni river to access the Chittagong international seaport in Bangladesh.

The bridge called "Maitri Setu" is the most significant venture to link India and Bangladesh by road as the Feni bridge connected India's border town of Sabroom in southern Tripura to Ramgarh in Bangladesh.

Sabroom is 72 km by road from the Chittagong seaport.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Bangladesh counterpart Sheikh Hasina jointly inaugurated the bridge last year but it is not yet operational. (IANS)

Also Read: BSNL commissions new bandwidth for Agartala

Very good example of cooperation

BSNL is a flop ,nobody use it, I'm told everyone uses reliance JI0 or occasionally airtel /idea/vodaphone but none bsnl and there's no bandwidth shortage with that.
North east region don't want any more road connectivity which only brings unwanted immigrants and aliens . One can't think of connectivity when they are bout to be overrun by tsunami of aliens .
NE region prefer to connect with east via myanmar-thai corridor,east is everything.
Only Tripura overrun by bangla aliens wants connectivity with BD . Tripura is a shithole of NE.
Wow much blind hatred isn't it.
IMG_20220507_120006.jpg

Niti ayog ranking of top performing districts in the north east. I see almost 7 in top 10 districts in north east from Tripura. Your own state though doesn't even feature a district in the top 10 and you criticise us. Wow.
Source : https://www.niti.gov.in/node/1603

View attachment 841656
Niti ayog ranking of top performing districts in the north east. I see almost 7 in top 10 districts in north east from Tripura. Your own state though doesn't even feature a district in the top 10 and you criticise us. Wow.

I don't even give a crap about Tripura
I just gave a love react cause I dislike this wannabe Chinese, east Asian or whatever delusions he is on about in life

I don't even give a crap about Tripura
I just gave a love react cause I dislike this wannabe Chinese, east Asian or whatever delusions he is on about in life
When you find you have 0.001% Chinese in you :lol:

When you find you have 0.001% Chinese in you :lol:
- guy literally posted a picture of his skin to show how is is white skinned thus a Chinese and not shit skinned
- Sandhu won beauty pageant and called her a brown mutt with high melanin (I can guarantee you that anywhere in the world she'll be considered way more attractive than anything he ever came across in his neck of the woods)
- said NE people are much taller than any midget south Asian anywhere
- seems to really not like Bangladesh, said slum dog and crap like that
- generally very deragotary language for south Asians
- harp on about east Asian IQ as if he inherits that
- now if he thinks he is Chinese I really don't care nor do I say he is wrong, whatever

but his stupid views are hilarious and cringe

- guy literally posted a picture of his skin to show how is is white skinned thus a Chinese and not shit skinned
- Sandhu won beauty pageant and called her a brown mutt with high melanin (I can guarantee you that anywhere in the world she'll be considered way more attractive than anything he ever came across in his neck of the woods)
- now if he thinks he is Chinese I really don't care nor do I say he is wrong

Previously he used to atleast try to disguise his racism, seems he's way past that. Cursing the very nation that bore him out of nothing but pure racism. Literally fighting to prove how south Koreans are the most beautiful even without plastic surgery and stating how Indians, Pakistanis, bangladeshis have melanin and thus below in beauty standards. Epitome of having a slave mentality towards a foreign power.

View attachment 841656
These stats were compiled by Bangladeshis to make Assam look bad. Reality has a pro-Bangladesh bias.

- now if he thinks he is Chinese I really don't care nor do I say he is wrong, whatever

He is a knock-off, aftermarket Chinese.

Did they drop from the sky then?
View attachment 841730
There are local Bengalis in India. Always has been.
Indian Bengali =/= Bangladeshi. Why is it so difficult for you lot to comprehend?

I guess you don’t know the difference between Bengali and Bangladeshi. Those Bengalis are Indian and your own kind.
Xenophobia has caused rot to the culture and collective psyche of Manipur and Assam. Indian Bengalis are not our responsibility. They chose India in 1947 - it is their land.
Why on Earth would a Bangladeshi migrate to NE India of all places?

Last edited:
View attachment 841656
Your shitty ranking wouldn't change ground reality,I'm sure you have never been to Aizwal or Imphal ,they are totally different class than Agartala which looks like a tiny extension of bangladesh suburb. Ugly,dirty,unsafe,toxic.

I never said that, I said "certain communities" are some of the tallest.

Physique,appearance, skin, culture differs from community to community .In whole average Arunachal, Meghalaya has some of the shortest people in India .

You just labeled NE as one race one ethnicity one culture. The British representative reagent in 18th century , way more brilliant than ignoramus beings like u ,he wrote this

1651927694259.png

The british wouldn't be have written 5 ft 8 -6 ft for angami naga if they were tiny like u are trying to caricature.

They clearly differentiated among even naga people.
1651925196536.png

now if he thinks he is Chinese I really don't care nor do I say he is wrong, whatever
U are insane,we have our own unique physiognomy,language and culture, like tibetan,mosuo,han,mongol,korean, we are a himalayan tibeto-burman/sino-tibetatic people.
No ethnic community in NE would want to erase their identity like that. I'm pro china against imperialism.
I only take harsher tone in relation to a previous comment in the same thread, is hypocrisy in your blood or culture?
I also never attack any user personally.

Previously he used to atleast try to disguise his racism, seems he's way past that. Cursing the very nation that bore him out of nothing but pure racism. Literally fighting to prove how south Koreans are the most beautiful even without plastic surgery and stating how Indians, Pakistanis, bangladeshis have melanin and thus below in beauty standards. Epitome of having a slave mentality towards a foreign power.
You can go visit each of my remark
99 % of is regarding to Indian fake news culture. 0.01 % against some remarks which I found absolutely ridiculous .Like someone claimed how India was better off hiding death rate of covid or along that line.

I also don't shy from calling out fake news from Chinese, or any other.

I defended S.koreans against racist labeling that without ps they can't be good looking as someone who also enjoys koreans movies and such like millions across the world ,u looked like one of those sore loser at that time , you are again putting the word in my mouth .

Pakistanis, bangladeshis have melanin and thus below in beauty standards. Epitome of having a slave mentality towards a foreign power.
I don't remember saying that that,but you know I have been always realist, lighter skintone is world ideal , so yeah high melanin can't be beauty standard. Sounds petty though.

I guess you don’t know the difference between Bengali and Bangladeshi. Those Bengalis are Indian and your own kind.
I only know Jiribam never had a Bengali society ,,they all came from outside and tsunamied the border jiribam region turning demography on their head.Bengali has no place in eastern NE states ,they were deep in current Bangladesh not in jiribam.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom