What's new

Bodh Gaya: A Hindu Response

Basically, the Hindus didn't give two hoots about Bodh Gaya until the Buddhists started to clean it up... then they came rushing to control it seeing the $$ that could be made.

Lol are you serious? Buddha is considered the ninth incarnation of Vishnu. (or the ninth Avatar)
He is just as important to Hindus.

Most Sri Lankans aren't practicing Buddhist...

They don't meditate follow the guidelines of Buddha...

N Buddha aka Siddharta was himself a Hindu, who acheived enlightment through meditation...:wave:

Why should we follow? Anyone can follow or ignore. Buddha has never force to do anything, he just mention if you do this, that will happen.

nope, I never heard he is a Hindu. Even he studied from some others.

Hindus see a similarity with Buddhism , probably because once entire India was Buddhist and then became Hindu again.

Doubt. for the reason in Hinduism there is nothing like acceptance - discard - conversion -revert and adopting particular set of rules and guidelines. It is vast pool of beliefs, faith, practices which changes region to region within one country.

Buddhism for that matter is found quite different in Tibetian / Ladakh region than in rest of India.

funny to hear that. I'm a Buddhist I visit both but never seen similarity between Hinduism and Buddhism.

Many of the ancient site in has syncretic form of Buddhism and Hinduism like Ajanta caves or Nalanda.

Actually Buddhism isn't base on faith.

Good then read it as a subject and graduate :lol:

Why should we follow? Anyone can follow or ignore. Buddha has never force to do anything, he just mention if you do this, that will happen.

Are you really a Buddhist??

Why are you asking so primitive questions about Buddhism??

Buddha is Siddhartha a Prince of Hindu Origin and he meditated to get enlightenment and from then on wards he started teaching his own version of faith and principles.

R u kidding me do u even know his full name i.e. Siddhārtha Gautama Buddha (Sanskrit: सिद्धार्थ गौतम बुद्ध) he was a Hindu Prince n ofcourse he studied in India n India was a Hindu country back then n Islam was not even born...

The biggest similarity between the 2 religion is what u just mentioned :

Both Hinduism n Buddhism r not a binding on there followers n r more over a way of life rather than a religion

As i said earlier u guys don't follow the principles of Buddhism ur Buddhist bcoz u were born a Buddhist parents

U may or may not follow Buddha's teaching but atleast learn who he was before u start ranting on International forums...:)

Govt must abolish all such Acts and must take control/Management of all religious sites into their hands.

R u kidding me do u even know his full name i.e. Siddhārtha Gautama Buddha (Sanskrit: सिद्धार्थ गौतम बुद्ध) he was a Hindu Prince n ofcourse he studied in India n India was a Hindu country back then n Islam was not even born...

The biggest similarity between the 2 religion is what u just mentioned :

Both Hinduism n Buddhism r not a binding on there followers n r more over a way of life rather than a religion

As i said earlier u guys don't follow the principles of Buddhism ur Buddhist bcoz u were born a Buddhist parents

U may or may not follow Buddha's teaching but atleast learn who he was before u start ranting on International forums...:)

I'm not too much in to religious stuff though. Why you are mentioning he is a "Hindu" prince? As I said earlier he studied from various teachers who follow their own ways. How do you claim he is born in to a "Hindu" family, what I learnt from school and temple there were many other religions.

I'm a Buddhist not becoz I born to Buddhist Family, things in Buddhism are basic stuff. I'm not forcing myself to follow every stuff in Buddhism, example I never have done meditation things expect few times at school. But I know it can be useful to tame the mind. Doesn't know why people are crazy about their religion, take the good things if it support to make your life better, but be yourself. :)

As far as I know if anyone follow Buddha's teaching does not make him a Buddhist either!

I'm not too much in to religious stuff though. Why you are mentioning he is a "Hindu" prince? As I said earlier he studied from various teachers who follow their own ways. How do you claim he is born in to a "Hindu" family, what I learnt from school and temple there were many other religions.

I'm a Buddhist not becoz I born to Buddhist Family, things in Buddhism are basic stuff. I'm not forcing myself to follow every stuff in Buddhism, example I never have done meditation things expect few times at school. But I know it can be useful to tame the mind. Doesn't know why people are crazy about their religion, take the good things if it support to make your life better, but be yourself. :)

As far as I know if anyone follow Buddha's teaching does not make him a Buddhist either!

You just woke up to the reality that Buddha is a born Hindu.

funny to hear that. I'm a Buddhist I visit both but never seen similarity between Hinduism and Buddhism.

What do you know about Hinduism? Have you read the Hindu scriptures?

Back
Top Bottom