What's new

Blasphemy charges: Out of fear, Ahmadi family on the run

ANG

Reaction score
Country
Azerbaijan
Blasphemy charges: Out of fear, Ahmadi family on the run – The Express Tribune

Blasphemy charges: Out of fear, Ahmadi family on the run
Teenag*er accuse*d of making deroga*tory remark*s agains*t Holy Prophe*t (PBUH).
By Rana Tanveer

Published: December 15, 2011
LAHORE:
Blasphemy allegations continue to haunt minorities in Pakistan.

Aalmi Majlis Tahafuz Khatm-e-Nabuwat (AMTKN) activists alleged that 16-year-old Sajeel committed blasphemy by making derogatory remarks against the Holy Prophet (PBUH) and his father, Rana Hakim Jameel, had done the same by portraying Sajeel as a Muslim in his school admission form.

Denying that he ever put down Islam as Sajeel’s religion and all other allegations levelled against his son, Jameel’s was a different tale.

According to him, the allegations stemmed from a school fight.

The school principal overheard some students abusing Sajeel and beat them up. The students later accused Sajeel of telling on them and beat him up. When Sajeel actually went to the principal to complain, he learnt that the students had “made up a story, telling the principal they had attacked him because he had made blasphemous remarks”.

Later, Haji Aslam, the school principal, expelled Sajeel.

Fearing their safety, the two have been on the run ever since the charges emerged.

While the police have yet to register an FIR against the accused, they have already started conducting raids for their arrests.

A member of the accused family, Rana Asfandyar, 18, was arrested by the police, who allegedly pressurised the young student to reveal his brother’s whereabouts, Asfandyar’s older brother, Rana Mujahid told The Express Tribune.

At local mosques, various religious scholars were fuelling a hate campaign against Ahmadis, Mujahid alleged, adding that evoking such hatred among the public could prove dire for his family.

However, Khushab police station SHO Raja Arshad told The Express Tribune that since the family refused to tell them about Sajeel’s whereabouts, the police had brought Asfandyar in to record his statement at the DPO’s office. Arshad denied that they had detained the boy.

Mujahid alleged that religious scholars Qari Saeed and Waqas Ahmed were producing “false witnesses” before the police.

SHO Arshad said that they were still in the process of recording the statements of witnesses, and hence, were unable to conclude their investigations.

Meanwhile, Jameel alleged that a property dispute could also be a reason behind the accusations.

Published in The Express Tribune, December 15th, 2011.

Four year ago, I met a Pakistani christian in Chicago. He was my chauffeur, he first told me about this Blasphemy law,

According to him, Its require 3 or 4 witness to book the minority under this law. He also said that many time due to grudge the neighbors falsely blame the minority for blasphemy.

i would like Pakistanis members here to tell me if they feel this law is justified and actually support this law?

i would like Pakistanis members here to tell me if they feel this law is justified and actually support this law?
Yes the law is justified and according to orders of Islam in Quran and Sunnah and for your information most who have been arrested under this law are Muslims not Non Muslims

Yes the law is justified and according to orders of Islam in Quran and Sunnah and for your information most who have been arrested under this law are Muslims not Non Muslims

Is Islam so insecure that it requires a man-made law to protect against remarks which muslims feel are against Islam??:blink:

BTW even if u think such a law is needed in ur country..dont u think that law should be against remarks on any religion...Rite now Muslims can say anything about Hindus or christians in public hell even on ur prime-time televisions....

Is Islam so insecure that it requires a man-made law to protect against remarks which muslims feel are against Islam??:blink:

BTW even if u think such a law is needed in ur country..dont u think that law should be against remarks on any religion...Rite now Muslims can say anything about Hindus or christians in public hell even on ur prime-time televisions....
Islam is not in secure but no one can be allowed to make fun of PROPHETS of ALLAH or ALLAH or our Holy Book and yes Islam says clearly that no one can make fun of any religion and JESUS PUBH is the most respected personality in Islam

Pakistan is not the only country with the Blasphemy laws.

Just google Blasphemy laws.

Hi, and due to this law and similar inbred laws is why Pakistan is in the state it is today. Pakistan seems to be going back into the dark ages. The current state of that nation is laughable. The majority has to have a law to defend its beliefs, what a joke. Pakistan tries to act pious and religious, whereas it is the most corrupt nation in the world, and is running on the charity of Christian nations.

Don't debate what the law is,

for as now, as long as it is a part of the constitution the law must be enforced.

The culprit should be brought to court and let the law take it's own course.

Weather or not the law is fair etc, is for the Parliament and people of Pakistan to decide. External suggestions are not welcome.

Can't speak for others but i am so ashamed that minorities are treated like dirt in our country.I blame the Pakistani Population (Unfortunately the majority actually approve these actions).

No, I don't believe this law is justifiable. It is stupid and idiotic laws like these that put Pakistan to where it is. I spoke out against this law a few months ago on Pakistani.defence.fourm.com and was banned for it. I was kind of surprised that how many people on that forum don't realize just how dangerous this kind of thinking really is.

Can't speak for others but i am so ashamed that minorities are treated like dirt in our country. I blame the Pakistani Population (Unfortunately the majority actually approve these actions).

Your not alone. I am right up there with you regarding this matter. I too know someone who left Pakistan just because of this same reason.

Is is not the only law that is being abused in Pakistan. There are plenty of others too. The real problem is people have started to take the law in to their own hands

Back
Top Bottom