What's new

Clerics attack Ahmadi house, torture family in Punjab

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a Pity to see a community which championed the cause of Partition of India, is been persecuted in the same Land which they fought for.

It's ok. One thing that unites Pakistanis - people who lately haven't been behaving libearly as one nation - are still united in their rejection of Hindustan union - which wasn't even a country at the time. Everyone went their own way but many Pakistanis have been deviating from the wishes of Jinnah and most certainly deviating from Islamic principles -as can be seen during these mob incidents

I'm sure Hinduism doesn't teach Hindus to burn churches or mass murder Muslims and Sikhs

I just replied to your off topic post.

BTW, your "knowledge" of Hinduism is quite admirable. Have been reading on stuff it seems. ;)

So was my answer to the man's query wrong? I only know of hinduism what your compatriots have told me in bits.

Religion is a private affair between man and god. I was saying the exact same thing of the Ahmedi community and was lamenting how we secularists are a minority here, not religious, neither ethnic but a ideological minority. I am with minorities and am not judging someones religion. I am bemoaning the mullahs role in our country-the same mullah who would force us to have a beard and our women to cover up in a burqa.

As per Islam religion is a community affair..

Islam is a free religion. Research Ibn Rushd or Averoes and you will find where the modern day concept of secularism which is a pinacle of western civilization came from. Research Ijtehad and you will find a beautiful model of tolerance and the debate form of which started with scholars saying "I may be wrong" so tolerant they were...
There is nothing free in Islam. Scholars writing social theories cannot be releated to Islam. A religion must only be judged in its authentic form that is Quran and Sunnah and unfortunately there is no lesson of tolerance, plurality and difference in them. What these scholars were doing was a struggle to save a nation from total collapse by researching and writing social theories. Let me write you a few offensive lines on paper and then my neighbor interpret them as something good for you. Tell me how does that feel?

Me talking of all this though is hypocritical as I am one of those bastards with knowledge but a lack of will to follow Islam and adhere to its principles. You can only understand and know these things through research, something to which I have dedicated my life.

In reality everyone is a hypocrite but no one can follow Islam in its full form. Me, you and everyone else on this forum with the exception of Zarvan are in the same boat.

I think you misunderstood what I wrote liontk. I said Ahmedis (a sect ruled to be "Unislamic" by the mullah) should have full rights in Pakistan and must be treated fairly like any other minority. Their rights should not be taken from them. Do not misunderstand my belief in secularism. It is no acting. I seriously believe in it... please believe me... it is my humble request. wish I could scream that out loud. :yay: You can learn a lot on this forum lion. Together we are all a rainbow-each one of us a colour... with our differing views we make the forum rich.
Who gets to decide who is islamic and who is not? The pope in Makkah? I think if state does not enforce religion it will die its natural death!

Btw I have started to miss my time in Canada very, very much. ;)
Anyone would..thats normal!

So was my answer to the man's query wrong? I only know of hinduism what your compatriots have told me in bits.

It is going a bit off topic but Hinduism is a monotheistic religion at its core.

We believe in a nirakaar, nirgun (no form, no attributes) version as well as sakaar, sagun (with form and attributes) version. People can pick and choose.

There is the concept of "swadharma" (personal Dharma or duty) as well. There is a profound spiritual tradition, several ways to realize the divine and so on.

I am just a beginner on the quest. I just know that every path that you take can lead to the divine.

It is going a bit off topic but Hinduism is a monotheistic religion at its core.

We believe in a nirakaar, nirgun (no form, no attributes) version as well as sakaar, sagun (with form and attributes) version. People can pick and choose.

There is the concept of "swadharma" (personal Dharma or duty) as well. There is a profound spiritual tradition, several ways to realize the divine and so on.

I am just a beginner on the quest. I just know that every path that you take can lead to the divine.

one can argue that people can pick and choose in islam also..you have the puritan wahabees and salafis..and then you have the grave worshiping sufis~!

It's ok. One thing that unites Pakistanis - people who lately haven't been behaving libearly as one nation - are still united in their rejection of Hindustan union - which wasn't even a country at the time. Everyone went their own way but many Pakistanis have been deviating from the wishes of Jinnah and most certainly deviating from Islamic principles -as can be seen during these mob incidents

I'm sure Hinduism doesn't teach Hindus to burn churches or mass murder Muslims and Sikhs

Nobody questioned Ahmedis status as Muslims during the creation of Muslim homeland in 1947. Years after migrating to West Punjab, they realized they are the unwanted people in the Muslim homeland.

Same goes on in India except its shudras/Dalits/Christians/Muslims

Though in our case intolerance has notably risen in the past decade. A section of society is misguided because of some madrassas which are becoming too political rather than spiritual

The next government will have to be decisively bold and ruthless against communal terrorism.

Otherwise it's "rinse and repeat" as you oddly put it

These kind of sad incidents probably have been happening forever, it's just that the newly enlightened media now beams every incident into our living rooms plus Pakistan will be given and gets more than it's fair share of attention, on the contrary, unforgivable such violations as they are, mercifully they seldom end up with fatalities, where as even by conservative estimates , an average of two Dalits are killed daily in the secular India. !!

one can argue that people can pick and choose in islam also..you have the puritan wahabees and salafis..and then you have the grave worshiping sufis~!

It is in the very nature of creation to have diversity. Diversity of thought, traditions, culture, belief systems you name it.

The difference is in how different belief systems deal with diversity.

Same goes on in India except its shudras/Dalits/Christians/Muslims

Though in our case intolerance has notably risen in the past decade. A section of society is misguided because of some madrassas which are becoming too political rather than spiritual

The next government will have to be decisively bold and ruthless against communal terrorism.

Otherwise it's "rinse and repeat" as you oddly put it

But if you notice the case of India cases of communal violence are going down and its not eternal perpetuity throughout the year . Not saying that everything is sunshine and roses in India but looking back past few decades , i feel India has come a Long way . In the case of Pakistan looking back a few decades , its just the reverse .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom