What's new

Blackwater's Pakistan mission (and related news)

I think A1Kaid has rightly said in one of his posts that was disliked and deleted by the Mods.

"If you are aware of or see Black Water activity in Pakistan, verify the target, engage it and kill it, ask questions later...- A1Kaid "

I have a serious problem with this approach. It is the duty of the GoP to act on behalf of the people who elected them to power, my expectation is that the GoP will take action to stop Blackwate/ Xe etc.

If one sees that the poilitical elite and the GoP has failed Pakistan then one should go to courts and if that is to no avail then peaceful street protests are the way.

Trust me there is nothing better than peaceful demonstrations. We have seen that in March when CJP was reappointed because masses wanted that change.

What can the politicians do ! this is security agencies job role i.e to counter external or internal threats agencies are suppose to counter it not politicians ... hearing all that makes me feel that with thousand's of agents it cant be the case that these agencies dont know whats going on makes one more confident that they have been a part of it all along!!

It is the job of the GoP to keep public opinion in mind while making decissions. People are dead against the Blackwater /Xe presence but there is no action from the GoP and teh political elite.

Our govt. need to tell the US that no BW or Xe personal will be allowed in Pakistan because people of Pakistan are against it, period!

After that if BE or Xe try to penetrate secretly then agencies' responsibilty starts.

It is the job of the GoP to keep public opinion in mind while making decissions. People are dead against the Blackwater /Xe presence but there is no action from the GoP and teh political elite.
Our govt. need to tell the US that no BW or Xe personal will be allowed in Pakistan because people of Pakistan are against it, period!
After that if BE or Xe try to penetrate secretly then agencies' responsibilty starts.

ok so for eg if God forbid some foreign invadors breach Pakistans sovernigty tommorw wil the military will sit and wait for GOP instructions !!?, secondly miltary have taken over from govts on dozens of occasion ,, for eg :refer to previous martial law and dictators ... there are live speeches where some Mr general from mush to pre historic they use to come up with this big long speech .... Now here GOP is purposely keeping quiet infact from what you are saying is GOP is a part and same milltary and its agencies were waiting for GOP to give comand.... That doesnt make sense ...Its a known fact countries have army to it but pakistan army has the whole country to it...

General Beg recently told the Saudi Arabian daily Al Watan that former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf had given Blackwater the green light to carry out terrorist operations in the cities of Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Peshawar, and Quetta.

This is for Aslam Beg:

Bhutto 'blocked from hiring US bodyguards'​

Benazir Bhutto was so fearful for her life that she tried to hire British and American security experts to protect her, The Sunday Telegraph can reveal.

But the plans collapsed because President Pervez Musharraf refused to allow the foreign contractors to operate in Pakistan, according to senior aides.

"She asked to bring in trained security personnel from abroad," said Mark Siegel, her US representative. "In fact she and her husband repeatedly tried to get visas for such protection, but they were denied by the government of Pakistan."

A Blackwater spokesman confirmed the negotiations. "We were approached to provide prime minister Bhutto's security, but an agreement was unfortunately never reached," she said. She declined to go into the precise details.

Husain Haqqani, a US-based Bhutto adviser, confirmed that she wanted to use private international security contractors but said that the Musharraf regime would not approve the plan.

Bhutto 'blocked from hiring US bodyguards' - Telegraph

Secondly, UN wasted several years trying to solve the Hariri mystery. Aslam Beg solved it in one single interview!

The UN should arrest this lunatic and grill him for further links and Pakistan should not waste its precious forex reserves, on UN investigations, trying to determine who killed BB. Aslam Beg knows it all!

No,no,no,no,no. I am talking about a nuclear `test'. well, there are no test, civilians regard them as `tests'; however they are always messages for hostile politics.

That's too much political implications usually leave no room for diplomacy. Denoting a nuke is a far too strong political message. I am just saying it for the sake of saying it. When Mao passed away, in order to discourage any hostile ideas, Deng denote a nuke in XinJiang.

Well, I don't think that we are in a position to test nukes. Testing Nukes may severely damage our position in the international community.

I have a serious problem with this approach. It is the duty of the GoP to act on behalf of the people who elected them to power, my expectation is that the GoP will take action to stop Blackwate/ Xe etc.

If one sees that the poilitical elite and the GoP has failed Pakistan then one should go to courts and if that is to no avail then peaceful street protests are the way.

Trust me there is nothing better than peaceful demonstrations. We have seen that in March when CJP was reappointed because masses wanted that change.

I agree, beside taking arms means one is also responsible for the situation. If we( public) take arms against the BW/Xe then whats the role of GoP and Army.

Your point is valid and in a functional democracy this is the right way to go about. But in functional democracies, government doesn't sell precious land at the price of peanuts. The way events are rolling out, it is hard to accept that the Government is willing to defend itself against Xe. You are ignoring the fact that we are not ruled by patriotic leaders. People who are at power are patriotic to their bank-accounts and guarantors because of whom they live a day in power.

Whether will of the government or not, we are not in need of BlackWater in Pakistan. Letting them hold on to Islamabad is equally dangerous as letting RAW or MUSAD do so. I dont think patriotic people will wait endlessly expecting government to take any action and when they dont, banner holding peaceful protesters would make any difference.

Your point is valid and in a functional democracy this is the right way to go about. But in functional democracies, government doesn't sell precious land at the price of peanuts. The way events are rolling out, it is hard to accept that the Government is willing to defend itself against Xe. You are ignoring the fact that we are not ruled by patriotic leaders. People who are at power are patriotic to their bank-accounts and guarantors because of whom they live a day in power.

Whether will of the government or not, we are not in need of BlackWater in Pakistan. Letting them hold on to Islamabad is equally dangerous as letting RAW or MUSAD do so. I dont think patriotic people will wait endlessly expecting government to take any action and when they dont, banner holding peaceful protesters would make any difference.
but technically, it is Pakistanis who voted PPP to power not USA or anyone else.Pakistanis voted from PPP and the support was very high for PPP after assassination.You got to wait till next elections now.

but technically, it is Pakistanis who voted PPP to power not USA or anyone else.Pakistanis voted from PPP and the support was very high for PPP after assassination.You got to wait till next elections now.

and its after 3 years. Xe might not like to wait for change of regime before acting. Threat is imminent and measures should be taken accordingly. I am waiting for ISI or Army to respond to these developments now. Government has no-oil in its lamps and even if they had, they would never go against their "Pita-Shire Maharaj".

and its after 3 years. Xe might not like to wait for change of regime before acting. Threat is imminent and measures should be taken accordingly. I am waiting for ISI or Army to respond to these developments now. Government has no-oil in its lamps and even if they had, they would never go against their "Pita-Shire Maharaj".
No advantage of coup unless these cockroches are eliminated.So if army does in fact launch coup it should not be bloodless

No advantage of coup unless these cockroches are eliminated.So if army does in fact launch coup it should not be bloodless

I can sense how much people are getting against democracy. Its a shame we cant live up to what we asked for a long time.

I can sense how much people are getting against democracy. Its a shame we cant live up to what we asked for a long time.
Personally, I think 5 year should be given to PPP as it was voted by people.Democracy should be given at least 20 years before a coup is launched if the democratic leaders dont stop corruption but the coup should not be bloodless and Army should go back to barracks within 3-4 years after coup and every cockroch should be eliminated during the coup otherwise we will just repeat the same old cycle...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom