What's new

Blackwater's Pakistan mission (and related news)

No need for googling, we here in Peshawar even know the areas where they have rented bungalows and operating in connivance with govt's support

Ive seen them myself back when the PC was not bombed, They initially stayed in the hotel and the ISI was after my father for permission to bug the hotel rooms. It was clearly refused, blackwater or not, they were the hotel's guests and that would never be compromised.
Eventually they looked for a more permanent residence, usually in University town area.. rarely in hayatabad.
Most of them however, were used to provide external security for Consulate members, sort of an on call crack team.

Ive seen them myself back when the PC was not bombed, They initially stayed in the hotel and the ISI was after my father for permission to bug the hotel rooms. It was clearly refused, blackwater or not, they were the hotel's guests and that would never be compromised.
Eventually they looked for a more permanent residence, usually in University town area.. rarely in hayatabad.
Most of them however, were used to provide external security for Consulate members, sort of an on call crack team.

Santro,

I was under the impression that MSG provided both internal and external security to US Dip corp staffers. Pakistanis are hired for the role of SD Guard: Surveillance Detection guards for route and venue security.

Technicians are usually US citizens:

http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/10_209_sd_program_technician_karachi.pdf

It would be interesting to see what role they have with the USDOS and US BDS: Bureau of Diplomatic Security. I was also under the impression that XE was hired for USAID Chief of Party but later the contract was cancelled.

Ahh well!

Santro,

I was under the impression that MSG provided both internal and external security to US Dip corp staffers. Pakistanis are hired for the role of SD Guard: Surveillance Detection guards for route and venue security.

Technicians are usually US citizens:

http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/10_209_sd_program_technician_karachi.pdf

It would be interesting to see what role they have with the USDOS and US BDS: Bureau of Diplomatic Security. I was also under the impression that XE was hired for USAID Chief of Party but later the contract was cancelled.

Ahh well!

In Islamabad..they do, in Peshawar things were quite different, There were a lot more people working for the US consulate other than diplomats and US Aid, people who came under a disguised pretext, yes quite a few were Pakistani's or Indians for that matter.
Usually when they left for someplace, a black landcruiser with one Pakistani and the rest XE(and one more company) personnel followed.
Although I am glad they never had a problem, because if they did, and happened to open fire on someone, the city would be in uproar.

well, the above video do have an opinion....we all know that all bomb blast have a resoning...like the marriot islamabad targetted americans,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom