What's new

Bin Laden's widow says they lived in Pakistani house for 5 years

According to this report, she claims they only moved there 5-6 months ago. Maybe she doesn't speak English well.

Bin Laden

Sources said one of the two women taken into custody from the compound by Pakistani forces was one of Osama bin Laden’s several wives.

“She is Yemeni and became unconscious during the operation,” said an official. Pleading anonymity, he said the woman was provided necessary medical aid till she became conscious. 

“During preliminary investigations, the lady said they moved to the Abbottabad house five to six months ago,” the Pakistani official said, adding that she did not provide further information about bin Laden or his shifting to the house. 

She is in the custody of the ISI. Not a word to be believed whoever says what, unless she is presented in front of the camera to make her statement. Or... whatever the ISI claims (through ISPR hopefully) to be her statement.

It is my personal opinion that bin Laden could not have been in that safe house (Yes, I am very much of the idea that it was an ISI 'safe house') for longer than 8-9 months. That man had so many enemies, and was so evasive, he could never afford to stay at a single place for more than a year, no matter how safe.

Secondly, the 2005 photograph by Pentagon shows that land was used for agricultural purposes. I very much doubt such a half acre big house was constructed within a year, and Osama quickly accommodated himself there. People on the run never act like neorich citizens of developing countries.

I don't know why people discount that having a proximity to a military academy does not mean one can't hide there. Pakistan has military installations all over the country and there are really many millions who live within a couple of miles of radius from them. OBL's was not even a mansion. This was a brilliant decision by OBL--and lets face it, he was a mass murderer but he was not stupid. He chose his location wisely. People have guards, they have high walls, burqahs abound, and generally you stay away from others houses lest, in some areas because os security, you could be shot if you approach some guarded houses. At any rate, the on-going narrative for past 10 years has been: OBL is living somewhere near the Afghan border, surrounded by handful of Arab guards who have orders to shoot OBL if Americans are near.

a. The compound is located in a cantonment town.

b. The compound had some very suspicious features enough to raise the hackles of any intelligence agency worth its salt.

c. According to some reports, people in that area claim that it's a heavily guarded area and people are regularly asked to prove their identity.

And you're here to give free-of-cost e-certificate of citizenship to people?

Seriously, don't derail the thread.

Derail?? you mean beat a dead horse... I dont see how coming on false flags is going to make it any more interesting.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Derail?? you mean beat a dead horse... I dont see how coming on false flags is going to make it any more interesting.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Ok so since now it has been proven that the ISI is made up of nothing but incompetent fools then any Indian who cries out claiming ISI ties to the Mumbai bombings would be named an imbecile.......deal????

I am very much of the idea that it was an ISI 'safe house'

Funny. I see the house as the strongest evidence that he was NOT being protected by the ISI.

It's a ridiculous house. There is no tunnel, no 'panic room' where he could safely commit suicide, and there is a convenient helicopter landing pad inside the compound.

You could switch your flags first. Do not think you are really a Phakistani.

Come to my home ** E, Block 6 PECHS, right behind JASON TRADE CENTER (LAL KOTHI). In case you find it difficult to reach to my place give me a call when you reach Nursery or Citi Bank main Shahrah-e-Faisal,ill pick you from there. If you are interested I can drop my house number and cell number in a private message!. I use Mobilink, my package plan is I fifteen hundred, my number starts with 821 series, code 0300.
Please come we'll have dinner together at BBQ tonight or Village Sea View...

Funny. I see the house as the strongest evidence that he was NOT being protected by the ISI.

It's a ridiculous house. There is no tunnel, no 'panic room' where he could safely commit suicide, and there is a convenient helicopter landing pad inside the compound.

Yar, neither was he Hitler, nor was he living in Germany.

Stuff like Panic Room, Tunnels etc are good for movies. I consider any house a Safe House which is monitored by the Intel Agency at all times. That would be much safer and more feasible than digging expensive tunnels and creating a Panic Room for suicide.

However, to quell your doubts, for a moment let's suppose there was a tunnel. Where would it lead to? Some other place monitored by the ISI, right? When the US already made a deal with the ISI on Osama, then what purpose do you think that tunnel would serve? In such a scenario (where US let ISI and PA know of the operation beforehand, which seems to be the case to me), the ISI itself would block the tunnel to keep Osama from escaping.

And finally, as I said, this evasive man would never have stayed at the same place for over a year. So what is the need to dig an expensive tunnel which would be useless after 9-10 months?

I doubt ISI has unlimited funds and resources to keep making panic rooms and keep digging secret tunnels in every house where it might want to shift the people of interest.

Bin Laden's widow says they lived in Pakistani house for 5 years

By Zeeshan Haider

ISLAMABAD | Fri May 6, 2011 8:04am EDT

(Reuters) - One of Osama bin Laden's wives told Pakistani interrogators that the al Qaeda leader and his family had been living for five years in the compound where he was killed by U.S. forces this week, a security official said on Friday.

The official, who identified the woman as Amal Ahmed Abdulfattah, the youngest of bin Laden's three wives, told Reuters she was wounded in the U.S. raid on Monday.

The security official said Abdulfattah told investigators: "We have been living there for the past five years."

Both Pakistan's army and its powerful spy agency, Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), have been facing mounting pressure to explain how it was possible for bin Laden to live deep inside Pakistan undetected for years.

Pakistani security forces took between 15 and 16 people into custody from the compound after U.S. forces removed bin Laden's body, said the security official. Those detained included bin Laden's three wives and several children.

Separately, a senior Pakistani intelligence official briefing Pakistani journalists on Thursday evening said that bin Laden and his deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri, fell out six years ago over the distribution of money. He gave no other details.

U.S. special forces used helicopters to attack the compound in Abbottabad, 50 km (30 miles) north of the capital, Islamabad.

Pakistani security officials say neither bin Laden nor his comrades offered any resistance during the raid.

"From the clues, evidence what we have got is they stormed in with firing shots and knocked them down," a security official said.

Another security official on Thursday said their killing was "cold-blooded."

The raid on the compound, around 4 kilometres (2.5 miles) from Pakistan's main military academy, has further strained relations between the two uneasy allies.

Pakistan's military top brass have expressed anger that the United States did not inform them of the attack beforehand.

In his first comment on the raid, Pakistan army chief General Ashfaq Kayani on Thursday threatened a review of military and intelligence cooperation should the United States repeat similar unilateral action.

He also told senior military commanders that it had been decided to reduce the strength of U.S. military personnel in Pakistan to the "minimum essential."

The army has admitted intelligence failures over the presence of bin Laden in the country and ordered an inquiry into these "shortcomings."

"We didn't know Osama bin Laden was hiding in this house until we took these people into custody and they confirmed that he (bin Laden) has been killed," another security official said.

The military, which has long been seen as the most effective institution of the unstable nation, has also been facing growing criticism at home over the perceived violation of country's sovereignty by the U.S. forces.

(Additional reporting by Kamran Haider; Editing by Michael Georgy and Alex Richardson)

Bin Laden's widow says they lived in Pakistani house for 5 years | Reuters

i'm sorry.. but picture of that "mansion" along with words of an "unnamed security official" is not a valid proof..

Again.. word of mouth.. No Proof!

I don't know why people discount that having a proximity to a military academy does not mean one can't hide there. Pakistan has military installations all over the country and there are really many millions who live within a couple of miles of radius from them. OBL's was not even a mansion. This was a brilliant decision by OBL--and lets face it, he was a mass murderer but he was not stupid. He chose his location wisely. People have guards, they have high walls, burqahs abound, and generally you stay away from others houses lest, in some areas because os security, you could be shot if you approach some guarded houses. At any rate, the on-going narrative for past 10 years has been: OBL is living somewhere near the Afghan border, surrounded by handful of Arab guards who have orders to shoot OBL if Americans are near.

Cantonments & Mily areas in Pak are not much different than those in India.

It is a regular feature for all Intel agencies to keep the areas adjoining military establishments under surveillance. The wodow of OBL says they lived next to PMA for five years. In these five years there must have been at least 10 passing out parades at PMA. The Pak COAS must have definitely attended two - three.Possibly the Pres / PM too must have taken the salute at these parades.

Surely, the areas around PMA must have been checked as a drill for VIP presence. A house like the kind he lived in had high walls making it ideal for any kind of attacks to be launched from include mortars.

Didnt any one bother to check !!

PA and the ISI is not stupid , complicit-yes.

The house was never meant to be identified, and certainly OBL was not meant to be captured in that house. One doesn't need a 'panic room' to commit suicide. One needs a gun and surprisingly, if Pak investigators are to be believed, there was none around him. The house, contrary to what you are saying, actually tells how confident OBL was of never being caught. One can only guess why.

Come to my home ** E, Block 6 PECHS, right behind JASON TRADE CENTER (LAL KOTHI). In case you find it difficult to reach to my place give me a call when you reach Nursery or Citi Bank main Shahrah-e-Faisal,ill pick you from there. If you are interested I can drop my house number and cell number in a private message!. I use Mobilink, my package plan is I fifteen hundred, my number starts with 821 series, code 0300.
Please come we'll have dinner together at BBQ tonight or Village Sea View...

You should know that town is called Abbotabad not the Obama Abbadabad

Yar, neither was he Hitler, nor was he living in Germany.

Stuff like Panic Room, Tunnels etc are good for movies. I consider any house a Safe House which is monitored by the Intel Agency at all times. That would be much safer and more feasible than digging expensive tunnels and creating a Panic Room for suicide.

However, to quell your doubts, for a moment let's suppose there was a tunnel. Where would it lead to? Some other place monitored by the ISI, right? When the US already made a deal with the ISI on Osama, then what purpose do you think that tunnel would serve? In such a scenario (where US let ISI and PA know of the operation beforehand, which seems to be the case to me), the ISI itself would block the tunnel to keep Osama from escaping.

And finally, as I said, this evasive man would never have stayed at the same place for over a year. So what is the need to dig an expensive tunnel which would be useless after 9-10 months?

I doubt ISI has unlimited funds and resources to keep making panic rooms and keep digging secret tunnels in every house where it might want to shift the people of interest.

So you are saying the ISI shuttled him around every few months and then finally betrayed him to the US. In that case, why let the end come in Abbotabad in the middle of it all? Why not shuttle him one more time to a remote village nearer the Afghan border? It would provide more plausible deniability both of the sheltering and the betrayal.

She is in the custody of the ISI. Not a word to be believed whoever says what, unless she is presented in front of the camera to make her statement. Or... whatever the ISI claims (through ISPR hopefully) to be her statement.

It is my personal opinion that bin Laden could not have been in that safe house (Yes, I am very much of the idea that it was an ISI 'safe house') for longer than 8-9 months. That man had so many enemies, and was so evasive, he could never afford to stay at a single place for more than a year, no matter how safe.

Secondly, the 2005 photograph by Pentagon shows that land was used for agricultural purposes. I very much doubt such a half acre big house was constructed within a year, and Osama quickly accommodated himself there. People on the run never act like neorich citizens of developing countries.

Exactly my point.. thanks God an Indian also said the same thing.. though its because target it ISI not US.. double standards????

The house was never meant to be identified, and certainly OBL was not meant to be captured in that house. One doesn't need a 'panic room' to commit suicide. One needs a gun and surprisingly, if Pak investigators are to be believed, there was none around him. The house, contrary to what you are saying, actually tells how confident OBL was of never being caught. One can only guess why.

It's all about contingencies. Even the best laid plans go awry. When your enemy is the USA, you don't take chances. You have layers upon layers of contingency and you absolutely, positively do NOT want to be captured alive.

Unless you believe Patanjali's point that he moved around and didn't stay in this compound for any length of time.

Back
Top Bottom