• k2

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • leclerc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? The T-90 not only has composite armour but reactive, most important it has counter measures that many western tanks do not

They use reactive armor(which found by israel) and you think Russians have better armor technology :) I dont care how many RPGs T90 can bear because if RPG hit from a different side it pops a different reactive armor block

cnock my door after you hit a T90 with a tandem warhead ATGM and didnt see a scratch :D

Reactive armor can be installed on anything and i mean ANYTHING even an APC so... Composite rocks!

I almost forgot, even a crappy M48A5T2 tank can hit the target from up to 5 kms :) It doesnt hurt because sabot loses its speed but it still can :) range doesnt matter, the thing that matters is fast response hunter-killer capabilities

magch 7-turky also use this tank-1500.

Turkish army operating Sabra mk III tanks not magach 7, 170 of them installed on Turkish M60A1 tanks

Last edited:
They use reactive armor(which found by israel) and you think Russians have better armor technology :) I dont care how many RPGs T90 can bear because if RPG hit from a different side it pops a different reactive armor block

cnock my door after you hit a T90 with a tandem warhead ATGM and didnt see a scratch :D

Reactive armor can be installed on anything and i mean ANYTHING even an APC so... Composite rocks!

I almost forgot, even a crappy M48A5T2 tank can hit the target from up to 5 kms :) It doesnt hurt because sabot loses its speed but it still can :) range doesnt matter, the thing that matters is fast response hunter-killer capabilities

Turkish army operating Sabra mk III tanks not magach 7, 170 of them installed on Turkish M60A1 tanks

magch 7:
Magach-7-latrun-2.jpg

zebra use by turkish army and israel:
Sabra_tank.jpg

They look very similars

Future Weapons Israel special part 1 - Merkava tank
YouTube - Future Weapons Israel special part 1 - Merkava tank
Future Weapons Israel special part 2 - Merkava, APAM
YouTube - Future Weapons Israel special part 2 - Merkava, APAM
Future Weapons Israel special part 3 - APAM round
YouTube - Future Weapons Israel special part 3 - APAM round

We learnd from the secound lebanon war alot of things.First if you saying that the merkava 4 is a bad tank you speaking nonsense.In all the israeli-lebanone conflict only 10 israeli soldiers in armor unit that made up of (mk4,3,2 magch7,6) have been killed.And none of the merkava mk4 were destroyd.The only tanks that were destroy was merkava mk2 and magch.Also hizballah use alot of anti-tank missiels like kornet and RPG-29 every tank in modern day will be harm.So merkava4 is an excellent tank even thought the merkava3 and 4 were hited by anti tank missiels the soldies dident die.Also the 2merkava mk4 and the 3merkava mk3 that hited have been repaired easily.Conclusion only merkave mk2 and magch have been destroyd (3 tanks) and none of the mk4 have been destroyed.Israel also have now on the merkave mk4 trophy anti missiel tank witch is very good he can take the kornet and rpg-29.
:bunny:
T-90,leclerc,k2,Khalid 2,abram1a2,arjun are not batter then the merkava4.
Alot of t-90 were destroyed in gorgia-russia conflict,aslo t-90based on t72 witch is very old tank.
leclerc the franch tanks are not good.
k2 good koran tanks but not in the lvl of the merkava4.
Khalid is a chines copy of the chines tank-made in china :-) :lol:
Alot of thouse tank(not all) were not proven in battlefield.
You also forget that the merkava was excellent tank in the six day war and yom kipur war.
The only tanks that are like merkave4 or even a littiel batter are: Leopard 2 and Challenger 2.
israeli have 4500+tanks
Merkava Mark I-250.
Merkava Mark II-580.
Merkava Mark III-780
Merkava Mark IV-250, another 300 are being delivered.
merkava-2160.
magch 7-turky also use this tank-1500.
magch 6-840.

Al khalid is battle proven tank pakistan army is using it against talibans :P

They look very similars
This photo taken in Ankara Etimesgut armor brigade...

Rear from IDEF 2009:
M60T_Turkish_Upgrade_IDEF_2007_001.jpg

Whatever magach and sabra are both modernisation programs for M60 Tanks they got to be similiar :D

Also of you will noticed israel sabra and turkish zabra have littiel differences
israel zabra:

Last edited by a moderator:

u given a old news check the date of link, it's a news of 2005.

indian army rejected arjun tank due to lot of corruption. but now it's clear that arjun is fit of army service and also it's clear that it's better than t-90 & i am giving u latest news not five year old news. check it.

Arjun tank outruns, outguns Russian T-90

So what you're saying is the seven Chechen RPG rounds that hit the T-90 were all lucky shot? What about the 9 that were diliberately fired at a T-90 for testing purposes?

Most likely all tanks will will be taken out after a ATGM hit, Merkavas were even taken out by RPG's the difference with the T-90 is that it has the

If you read the sources i posted you would know that, with Kontakt-5 ERA no ATGM's were able to penatrate the T-90. Moreover, the TShU1-7 jammes ATGM's.

No argument there but how many tanks are fitted with it? And it's not just reactive armour, the T-90 has a variety of counter measures that jam both fire and control systems and guided missles.

How many of the top tanks have a 5km range?

If you read the sources i posted you would know that, with Kontakt-5 ERA no ATGM's were able to penatrate the T-90. Moreover, the TShU1-7 jammes ATGM's.

Ok, ill try this with OMTAS to see whats happening :D

How many of the top tanks have a 5km range?

Tank dont have a range, ammo has... If you hit a T90 in 100m no one can understand which tank it was before but you cant pierce her armor from 3.5-4 km

I said any tank can hit a target from 5 km but none of current projectiles can pierce an armor from that range...

Its laser range finder's job, after than that... It all depends on skills of tank crew.

Last edited:
Its funny how al khalid en arjun are the top 2 here.
probaly because of origin(pakistan and india).
The best tank overall and which has itself proven is leopard 2.
Future tank if you look at their specs but needs to be proven yet is the altay tank.
and imagine the tank hasn't been finished yet.

I think calling any one tank the world's best for certain impossible.
Abrams, Leclerc and Challenger seem to be outstanding machines but have a tendency to sink in saturated soil.
In this case, it sank completely:

The Challenger and Abrams are also very slow, max 50kmps making them easy targets.
On the other hand the above stated tanks provide great protection to crew and are armed with the most advanced systems.
I cannot say anything about Merkeva, It has yet to face a worthy adversary but considering Hezbollah gave it a run for it's money with RPGs, I wouldn't say it's too good a Tank, one of our Al-Zarrars took about 6 hits from 10 feet max but still it was able to punish the enemy and bring the crew back safely.
One Merkeva was even blown apart by an IED...........
P1010309.jpg

Tank%20at%20Karni.jpg

Al-Khalid and T-90 are small and fast tanks, making them tough targets however as compared to western systems, their systems are not too advanced.........
Though my Choice would be T-90(Russian), T-96(Chinese) and Al-Khalid, closely related to T-96.................T-80 is also a nice tank.........
The common characteristics in the above mentioned machines is that they are all Asian, but im not nominating those because im also an asian, I nominate those tanks because they operate in both extremes of temperatures equally well, have good safety records and are the perfect blend between Punisher and Protector.......

Its funny how al khalid en arjun are the top 2 here.
probaly because of origin(pakistan and india).
The best tank overall and which has itself proven is leopard 2.
Future tank if you look at their specs but needs to be proven yet is the altay tank.
and imagine the tank hasn't been finished yet.

Many things look good on paper but It's only when they take form in cold,hard steel can they be said to be good, great or useless.
The ME-262 looked like it could change the face of WWII and bring the Nazis back on the offensive, it was undoubtedly the most advanced and fastest plane of it's time but still P-51s found them to be easy pickings, infact for many Me-262s their biggest strength became their biggest weakness, on many occasions, they overshot their targets and ended up being shot down by their would be prey !!!!!!!!

When i said on paper i mean they are building it.
it all fits theres calculated everything.
theres a video of it what shows what it has and where its going to be placed.
but its just not being tested and proven.

I just visited the altay tank page on wikipedia.
I read that first and second phase is to going to have 1500hp motor.
and the third and fourth phase(100% indigous turkish) 1800hp motor.
and estimated around 60tons.
thats a heavy powerfull tank.
with 120mm gun,k2 southkorean tank reactive armour on it and also using the best fire control system by aselsan? Volkan 2.

Sadness, there is no China tank.
I think China's T99X must be a good tank.:china:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom