Votes: 3 2.1%
  • leclerc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan's options for MBT are clear.

We are producing AK-1 and with Turkish help the AK-II a highly advanced variant (some suggest its a new tank) with 1500HP and extensive electronics upgrades will be produced from 2012 onwards.

AK-II will become the Backbone of PA's Armoured Inventory , and i can promise you guys that Pakistan can simply Co produce Turkish Altay tank which would bring a potent armour in our hands in shape of AK-II , Altay , Type 80 UD.

As per my personal view , i am all in for leopard.

regards:

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

I have many things to say, if you are ready to listen to me

I am always ready to listen to you dear sir , But those links are facts & from Indian media.

care to see the date of the articles u posted..?

2005,2008, and Apr 2008 respectively.

We r not saying there were no problems in Arjun.But ALL of them have been rectified..
And Arjun did outrun and outgun T-90...
So better than ur Al-Khlaid definitely.

I am always ready to listen to you dear sir , But those links are facts & from Indian media.

No one denied That , There were faults n it, If it was not having fault then it would have been in the army ages ago.... I am very sure that You are aware of the recent tests conducted by the Arjun against the T-90... It Performed well In the given Trials and did exceedingly well to Take out T-90, why dont you accept that sir, and Instead Hang on to old article??

Arjun not only had but also has problems like weight and lack of stealthy design, but all the other parameters are Looked Into and Rectified by the DRDO(Defense Research and Development Organization), And My son currently serves in the same Regiment were Arjun Is Inducted, 43rd Armoured regiment... I have personally witnessed its performance...

best tank is challanger 2
In poll ALkhalid 2 is on top, but in reality its good not best...
And in polls Arjun is 2nd :rofl:
Arjun teen ka dama :rofl: hahaahhah :rofl:

Hahahah :rofl:

really funny yaaaar....al khalid and arjun on top.......are v joking here....

ha ha ha ha ha ..................:tdown:

pakistan thinks that our LCA and arjun projects were failure due to long delays and technical difficulties. but they do see the other side but deny it i.e. by indigenously building these machines of war the knowledge we gained will help us complete our future projects in 1/4 the time they took.tejas is a complete success a 4.5 generation fighter for just 21 million. arjun performed better than t-90 in the last test run.

a couple of users said that the 124 arjuns that were ordered were only to bring a smile on drdo's face.but there was another reason for that , it should have been in service from 1995 in that time the technology for tanks have changed a lot so its was not wise to put 2000 arjuns in the field so they decided to use the failures and knowledge gained from this to be used in making tank ex in 2002 then later arjun 2 T.B.A .so come on my friends don't deny the good came from it.

ooopsss:rofl::rofl:

merkava-destroyed.jpg
Sire, you mixed Merkava IV with Modernised M60 named Magach 7 This two are different tanks I dont like merkava also but your post is not about that Its about a foolish jew "donkey rider" which appointed as tank driver :laugh:

so best tank according to u??
There is NO best tank for me, every country has its own needs Russians want a fast tank with low price so they got what they want but its armor cant be compared with western tanks...

important thing is fire control syestems and hard-kill syestems which does not effect on weight

A Al Khalid tank in hand is worth , 10 promised forign tanks that don't arrive when you need it due to sanctions hiding in bushes

Fail is T90, the Russian junk...

There is NO best tank for me, every country has its own needs Russians want a fast tank with low price so they got what they want but its armor cant be compared with western tanks...

Really? The T-90 not only has composite armour but reactive, most important it has counter measures that many western tanks do not, lets take a closer look. First lets see how good the armour performs:

T-90: Facts, Discussion Forum, and Encyclopedia Article

The T-90S saw combat action during the 1999 Chechen invasion of Dagestan. According to Moscow Defence Breif, one T-90 was hit by seven RPG anti-tank rockets but remained in action.

There is more...

T-90 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

During a reported test conducted by the Russian military in 1999 the T-90 was exposed to a variety of RPG, ATGM and APFSDS munitions. When equipped with Kontakt-5 ERA the T-90 could not be penetrated with any of the APFSDS or ATGM used during the trial and outperformed a T-80U which also took part

Lets take a closer look at its protection, and counter measures. lets pay special attention to the Kontakt-5 given that it is a proven technology.

T-90 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The T-90 is fitted with a "three-tiered" protection systems: the first tier is the composite armour in the turret; consisting of basic armour shell with an insert of alternating layers of aluminum and plastics and a controlled deformation section.

The second tier is third generation Kontakt-5 ERA (explosive reactive armor) which significantly degrade the penetrating power of kinetic-energy APFSDS ammunition and also these ERA blocks give the turret its distinctive angled "clam shell" appearance. ERA bricks are also located on the turret roof and provide protection from top-attack weapons. The turret's forward armour package in addition to the ERA and steel plating contains a composite filler sandwiched of Russian composite armour between upper and lower steel plates, the composite armour results in a lower weight and improved protection when compared with steel-only armour.

The third tier is a Shtora-1 (Russian: Штора-1 or "curtain" in English) countermeasures suite, produced by Elektromashina of Russia. This system includes two infrared jammers on the front of the turret, four laser warning receivers, two 3D6 aerosol grenade discharging systems and a computerized control system. The Shtora-1 warns the tank's crew when the tank has been 'painted' by a weapon-guidance laser and allows the crew to slew the turret to face the threat. The infrared jammer, the TShU1-7 EOCMDAS, jams the semiautomatic command to line of sight (SACLOS) guidance system of some anti-tank guided missiles. The aerosol grenades can be used to mask the tank from laser rangefinders and designators as well as the optics of other weapons systems. Indian T-90S tanks are not equipped with the Shtora-1 countermeasures suite.

important thing is fire control syestems and hard-kill syestems which does not effect on weight

Fire and control is responsible for accuracy esspecially when on the move, so lets see how good the T-90s fire and control system really is and while we're at it lets see how quick the rate of fire and range is:

T-90 - a knol by Anonymous

During one of the displays, T-90 struck 7 targets in 54 seconds. All were at the distance between 1500-2500m and the tank was on the move at 25km/h. While returning to position, the layer gave the control to the commander who used the gunner mode to fire to the rear of the vehicle and hit 4 more targets.

This is the unofficial record for number of targets hit in that time span.

Lets look at range, this is the ATGM:

during the official trials of T-90, all of the ammunitions were fired by young conscripts who just finished training. All of the rounds – 24 of them, hit targets at a distance of 4-5km.

Lets take another look at range time from the main 125 mm gun, also notice how unexperience tankers can hit targets even at night.

Indian crews quickly mastered the T-90S, they also did not have problems with the fire control and thermo-vision systems. Just after several training sessions Lt. Kapur of the Indian army acted as layer who accurately fired on to the targets at 2500-3000m. Officers from one of the panzer corps needed 20 minutes to familiarize with T-90S and successfully complete the task of destroying 4 targets at night from a distance of 3100m at an ambient temperature of 47°C.

Even a 15 year old gir can hit targets from 3.5km away:

I convinced a 15 year old girl (the daughter of one of the workers at the polygon) to sit as the layer. For 5 minutes I explained her what she has to do, later we loaded a live round of 9M119. After the permission for fire, the girl easily detected the target 3.5km away, fired and hit the target. An experienced layer is capable to precisely guide the missile – f.ex. to hit a open hatch or anything else

Future Weapons Israel special part 1 - Merkava tank
Future Weapons Israel special part 2 - Merkava, APAM
Future Weapons Israel special part 3 - APAM round

We learnd from the secound lebanon war alot of things.First if you saying that the merkava 4 is a bad tank you speaking nonsense.In all the israeli-lebanone conflict only 10 israeli soldiers in armor unit that made up of (mk4,3,2 magch7,6) have been killed.And none of the merkava mk4 were destroyd.The only tanks that were destroy was merkava mk2 and magch.Also hizballah use alot of anti-tank missiels like kornet and RPG-29 every tank in modern day will be harm.So merkava4 is an excellent tank even thought the merkava3 and 4 were hited by anti tank missiels the soldies dident die.Also the 2merkava mk4 and the 3merkava mk3 that hited have been repaired easily.Conclusion only merkave mk2 and magch have been destroyd (3 tanks) and none of the mk4 have been destroyed.Israel also have now on the merkave mk4 trophy anti missiel tank witch is very good he can take the kornet and rpg-29.
:bunny:
T-90,leclerc,k2,Khalid 2,abram1a2,arjun are not batter then the merkava4.
Alot of t-90 were destroyed in gorgia-russia conflict,aslo t-90based on t72 witch is very old tank.
leclerc the franch tanks are not good.
k2 good koran tanks but not in the lvl of the merkava4.
Khalid is a chines copy of the chines tank-made in china :-) :lol:
Alot of thouse tank(not all) were not proven in battlefield.
You also forget that the merkava was excellent tank in the six day war and yom kipur war.
The only tanks that are like merkave4 or even a littiel batter are: Leopard 2 and Challenger 2.
israeli have 4500+tanks
Merkava Mark I-250.
Merkava Mark II-580.
Merkava Mark III-780
Merkava Mark IV-250, another 300 are being delivered.
merkava-2160.
magch 7-turky also use this tank-1500.
magch 6-840.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leopard2A6 is undoubtedly the best tank in the word. Its firepower, protection system, mobility, accuracy and interfaces are combination of modern technologies and experiences.

Most of the people voted AK as the best tank in the world!!! Arjun comes second!!! Why? Patriotism!!? :confused:

Last edited:
dont you see 2a6?:P
leopard 2A6

Oh and btw arjun tank fanboys..
dont even compare the fire control system from turkey.
also the radars and eletrical systems.
Just dont..

Why? What is there inside? Man, learn something about both the tanks before commenting or comparing both the tanks. You are comparing a paper based future tank with with operational one. Also don't forget that most of the technologies are coming from South Korea and Germany. Actually it will be a copy of SK's K2 BP tank. If you wanna compare than compare with upcoming Arjun-II or FMBT.

Leapord 2A6 is better from all tanks!!!

Alot of t-90 were destroyed in gorgia-russia conflict,aslo t-90based on t72 witch is very old tank.

T-90 used in Georgia? You have a source for that? Also do you have a source proving there were T-90's destroyed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom