• k2

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • leclerc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea mostly because of that desert storm...
which the enemies were so weak...
and in the end.. they are humans with their opinions.
a channel.. in America...

Yea i know.
But turkey have it 24/7.
With the kurds in mountains.
So do British, not the Kurds part but you never know with the SAS for example, they train with a lot other soldiers around the world, as for other places, short example; arctic, deserts, mountains, (with the Gurkhas whom of which are a part of the British Army) urban, you name it, where ever is the toughest training they can get, they go there...24/7...All year round. But of course, just because you train for, say for example; 32 weeks, doesn't mean your training ends there, your whole career is one long training programme, the SAS for example train for a little over 2 years during selection, that doesn't stop there when you finish, retired members that have served with SAS have joined from the likes of the Royal Marines, done full training with them then stayed with them for at least 3 years (got to be with any branch of the British Armed Forces for at least 3 years, passed training 100% and done at least a few tours before you are even considered for SAS training) have stated that training for the SAS is extremely tough...Staying in the regiment is even tougher. So add all that time up of say, a RM training then going into SAS for training, thats a hell of a long time.

but what i think aside from american channels "arjunk" is the best

Though China's Type 99 MBT never go into a real battle, I still believe that Type 99 is one of the best tanks in the world. But many people don't know this tank, may be China was too conservative about what she has.

Last edited:
I watched Infamous Assisinations the other day on the Yesterday channel here in the UK. It was the one about the President of Pakistan, Muhammad Zia-Ul-Haq, the year he was killed/assassinated in 1988.

Of course nothing to do with tanks, but there was a short peice on there about an arms deal between the US and Pakistan around that time, one of which was the purchase of American M1A1 Abram tanks, during the trials in front of Pakistani officials, the M1A1 fired and failed to hit ALL ten out of ten of its targets and later went on the break down soon afterwards.

I good source and example of a very overrated tank in my opinion.

Yeah a bit overrated for desert environment.....and all this is based on it's contribution in gulf war against Iraqi armor.

Yeah a bit overrated for desert environment.....and all this is based on it's contribution in gulf war against Iraqi armor.
Iraqi armour which wasn't up to standards to the likes of British & American tanks.

Still, that incident in 1988 was a bit embarrasing for the yanks, especialy when they were boasting its the best thing since sliced bread. But there you go.

Overall, the Abrams of then and today is an outdated design in itself, goes back a long way. Still overrated IMO & its quite amusing when they whop about saying, and I've personally heard this for myself(believe me or noy, won't matter); Ah yeah! An all American tank which has the best gear on it!"! Yes, a tank which is "all American" as President Obama is Japanese...

I watched Infamous Assisinations the other day on the Yesterday channel here in the UK. It was the one about the President of Pakistan, Muhammad Zia-Ul-Haq, the year he was killed/assassinated in 1988.

Of course nothing to do with tanks, but there was a short peice on there about an arms deal between the US and Pakistan around that time, one of which was the purchase of American M1A1 Abram tanks, during the trials in front of Pakistani officials, the M1A1 fired and failed to hit ALL ten out of ten of its targets and later went on the break down soon afterwards.

That is correct.US was working very hard to shove it up Pakistan's Army throat but thankfully we did not purchase them. (It would have caused severe problems to Strike Corps due to sanctions in 90's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom