What's new

Bengali Nationalism a Threat to Bangladesh's National Security

what you gonna do if they come ? talking as if jamatis are the NATO forces of South Asia...lol..big talk is good for internet only. remember that. what india can do is beyond internet trash talk by jamatis..

and don't worry about mamata di..your didi is using you as a pawn, for defending against BJP in her home turf which is gonna see the modi magic take over. your beloved didi will throw your communal *** out the moment she doesn't need you. mark this post.

I will believe it when I see it "tough guy", till then it is just hot air. Show us your bravado in real life, push out the Muslim Bengali's from India and then come back and tell us you did it.

we will..just the jamatis..why equate a bangladeshi muslim with a jamati scum ? i'm not talking tough..i'm letting you know that you guys sound comic when huffing and puffing on the internet when we, india and the bangladeshi people will finish you off slowly..inside bangladeshi. there is valid need for you to panic and act tough. you indeed should be very afraid. times have changed from khaleda's times. now the muslims of bangladesh are getting violent against islamist jamati scum. we are with themm. remember, didi is with them too in this issue.

we will..just the jamatis..why equate a bangladeshi muslim with a jamati scum ? i'm not talking tough..i'm letting you know that you guys sound comic when huffing and puffing on the internet when we, india and the bangladeshi people will finish you off slowly..inside bangladeshi. there is valid need for you to panic and act tough. you indeed should be very afraid. times have changed from khaleda's times. now the muslims of bangladesh are getting violent against islamist jamati scum. we are with themm. remember, didi is with them too in this issue.

Now don't change the subject, we were discussing Bengali Muslims being pushed out by BJP. As for Jamati's you Indians have no idea, and I feel sorry for people like you and many others in PDF. You guys are delusional to the core and no use having a conversation with. Sorry I wasted my time. Thank you for the conversation.

:blah::haha:

Now don't change the subject, we were discussing Bengali Muslims being pushed out by BJP. As for Jamati's you Indians have no idea, and I feel sorry for people like you and many others in PDF. You guys are delusional to the core and no use having a conversation with. Sorry I wasted my time. Thank you for the conversation.

good. run away...remember...the bengali, hindu or muslim will give justice back to the razakars. in time. for ever. i can see that has started to happen. we are, all humanity is with them. if there are two beacons in countries filled with muslims, it's Iran and bangladesh. and India is a natural ally to bothm. cultural ally. like i said...i am not talking tough nor does your wind passing scare me even a little even in my dreams. thank you for reading.

good. run away...remember...the bengali, hindu or muslim will give justice back to the razakars. in time. for ever. i can see that has started to happen. we are, all humanity is with them. if there are two beacons in countries filled with muslims, it's Iran and bangladesh. and India is a natural ally to bothm. cultural ally. like i said...i am not talking tough nor does your wind passing scare me even a little even in my dreams. thank you for reading.
:blah: Have lost your meds?

:blah: Have lost your meds?

The story is actually a bit more involved. He used to be a really nice lower caste Namasudra (Chandala) boy until he lost his third tier call-center job. He is in deep psychosis right now with a few issues.
  1. Very few Rupees to spend on his bad habit of smoking third rate 'bidis' which is turning his mouth black,
  2. No more free internet like he used to get at the call center.
  3. A new-found hatred of people (especially Americans) who have mistreated and mocked him over the phone about his sing-song Indian accent and his pretend name 'Tom',
  4. His danglies receding in reverse fashion inside his body at times which has shocked and horrified him.
With nowhere to turn - the local branch of the RSS has now given him a job of writing misspelled hate pamphlets and only about an hour of time per day on a slow dial-up line.

Given the circumstances his frustration and miserable attitude is understandable. Take pity on him...

And even if they were to succeed, then why did they not have support from the Muslim community chiefs in Bengal? Particularly from village level? It'd be incorrect to consider that most folks in East Bengal were urbanites. Most were villagers.

There was absolutely no reason that they wouldn't have succeeded had there been broad-level support from the Muslims of Bengal for Aligarh-type education. Even in in face of opposing Hindu elites in Bengal. Support and resolve does matter khair.
not only were most East Bengal Muslims based in rural areas. there was no growing urban center at all as the the ones from Muslim era were in so much decay. so it would only make sense to assume EB Muslims became almost wholly based outside the decaying urban centers. the only notable urban setup was Calcutta that was the 'Dhaka' of that time

the Aligarh was not only confined to UP. it also had establishment in Calcutta. that is where many EB Muslims would go to for studies. i think the bigger problem that kept EB Muslims rife with illiteracy was our sheer population size. it was something presence of institutions in Calcutta and UP wasn't able to fix. from what i learned, from my own extended family/vilage the people who were able to get education in Calcutta and UP had a profound positive effect on the community when they returned to their EB village. but maybe there just was not enough of those educated people to carry the entire region, the effects of which became clear after 1947. just my thoughts
The first blow for Bengali Muslims was during the British-era. The second came when many intellectuals were slain during the 71' war.
there was quite a large phenomenon that also happened around the time of the "second blow" as you said. too many people were uprooted around 1971 and forced to migrate to WP/Pakistan and even India. a lot of them were Muslim families who trace their roots in Bengal beyond memory or record, but became Mohajirs of Karachi. to think of the amount of intellectual wealth and heritage we lost as a region, besides very people who directly contributed to the 1947 map of Bangladesh, makes me sick to the stomach. not all blows were the making of alien outsiders, some were purely the making of our own weakness that came in the form of Bengali ethno-linguistic extremism in the 1960s and around 1971 that continues even today

not only were most East Bengal Muslims based in rural areas. there was no growing urban center at all as the the ones from Muslim era were in so much decay. so it would only make sense to assume EB Muslims became almost wholly based outside the decaying urban centers. the only notable urban setup was Calcutta that was the 'Dhaka' of that time

the Aligarh was not only confined to UP. it also had establishment in Calcutta. that is where many EB Muslims would go to for studies. i think the bigger problem that kept EB Muslims rife with illiteracy was our sheer population size. it was something presence of institutions in Calcutta and UP wasn't able to fix. from what i learned, from my own extended family/vilage the people who were able to get education in Calcutta and UP had a profound positive effect on the community when they returned to their EB village. but maybe there just was not enough of those educated people to carry the entire region, the effects of which became clear after 1947. just my thoughts

there was quite a large phenomenon that also happened around the time of the "second blow" as you said. too many people were uprooted around 1971 and forced to migrate to WP/Pakistan and even India. a lot of them were Muslim families who trace their roots in Bengal beyond memory or record, but became Mohajirs of Karachi. to think of the amount of intellectual wealth and heritage we lost as a region, besides very people who directly contributed to the 1947 map of Bangladesh, makes me sick to the stomach. not all blows were the making of alien outsiders, some were purely the making of our own weakness that came in the form of Bengali ethno-linguistic extremism in the 1960s and around 1971 that continues even today

Of course Suhrawardy, Sher-E-Bangla AK Fazlul Haque and all East Bengal Muslim Leaguers were instrumental in coming up with the plan for Pakistan along with Jinnah. The father of our nation was a 'cadre' at that time working for Suhrawardy in Calcutta. East Bengal politicians were an important part of the Calcutta political and intellectual scene.

As regards the reason for high illiteracy among the EB Muslim populace the reason was simple - there was extreme peer pressure among Muslim families to reject so-called 'secular (i.e. Christian) education as offered by the British Raj which was being offered by Christian Missionaries. Britishers and Hindus were seen as collaborators in ending Muslim rule in India and Muslims did not want to be a part of it.

Coupled with discrimination from EB Hindus (with their new-found nouveau riche status as educated foot-servants of the British Raj) this made a bad situation all the more worse. Muslims were discriminated against in every sphere in East Bengal until 1947 - whether you talk about education, jobs, govt. positions as politicians, you name it. Hardly any ICS posts in East Bengal went to Muslims before 1947. No wonder they were fed up.

OT topic: so you see how history repeats itself - observe what's going on now. Give one group a few more dollars and all of a sudden they will start to discriminate. By reliable accounts - I understand a large majority of almost all District Commissioner and Superintendent of Police positions in Bangladesh have now gone to Hindus - thanks to the Hasina Govt.

Last edited:

There was a population explosion in Bengal during the 1920's. However, this trend wasn't noticeable in West Bengal due to a severe malaria epidemic. The population increase in East Bengal was in a big way due to a lucrative agricultural potential over there.
Congress Politics in Bengal 1919-1939 - Srilata Chatterjee - Google Books

A villager at the time would say: "What benefit would I get from going and paying for education when I'm doing great as a farmer?"

This short-sighted ideal still exist to this very day. For the record, the only parties that are effectively doing something and bringing some results are those NGOs', both foreign and local.

Though, one great advancement in East Bengal over the generations are the rights of women. That aspect had indeed come a long way. Lack of women's empowerment was another reason for EB to fall behind. Though, there's still a long way to go.

Begum Rokeya was not a Bengali nationalist.

Well, there was a huge power vacuum after the 71' War. The incapable ones (including Mujib) simply took that vacuum. Why did those intellectuals simply run away? Fear of death? It is true that many were slain by God knows who. And many would be threatened if they ever returned.

Bengali nationalism itself is foreign. Who said that it originated from East Bengalis? It never did. And neither did the West Bengalis ever embrace it from where it originated from. The East Bengalis had very little part to play in the "Bengal Renaissance" which is a key aspect of Bengali Nationalism.

There are educated people in Bangladesh, though, many always run after money with a casual disregard for the greater society. Or maybe, simply not enough power. Even fear. The factor that exacerbates the problems in the greater society of Bangladesh is in large part due to politics. The BNP is not a solution to the problem, but instead make it worse.

You name it, an Imam caught smuggling gold. Bankers carrying out white collar heists in their own banks. Traffic police accepting bribes from beggars. And what not. This all due to the people in power.

The only question is: What is the solution to fix the problem of power?

OT topic: so you see how history repeats itself - observe what's going on now. Give one group a few more dollars and all of a sudden they will start to discriminate. By reliable accounts - I understand a large majority of almost all District Commissioner and Superintendent of Police positions in Bangladesh have now gone to Hindus - thanks to the Hasina Govt.

Demographic-wise, Awami League generally prefer Hindus over Muslims.

Last edited:
The story is actually a bit more involved. He used to be a really nice lower caste Namasudra (Chandala) boy until he lost his third tier call-center job. He is in deep psychosis right now with a few issues.
  1. Very few Rupees to spend on his bad habit of smoking third rate 'bidis' which is turning his mouth black,
  2. No more free internet like he used to get at the call center.
  3. A new-found hatred of people (especially Americans) who have mistreated and mocked him over the phone about his sing-song Indian accent and his pretend name 'Tom',
  4. His danglies receding in reverse fashion inside his body at times which has shocked and horrified him.
With nowhere to turn - the local branch of the RSS has now given him a job of writing misspelled hate pamphlets and only about an hour of time per day on a slow dial-up line.

Given the circumstances his frustration and miserable attitude is understandable. Take pity on him...

you talking about me behind my back and circle jerking other jamatis, you know what you are right ? the ones who are not accepted anywhere because of your self hating persona. no one.

Cry me a puddle and drown in it. :D

@ Loki there are three things bangladesh needs right now :

1. need to consciously seperate national politics and bangladesh country from religion.

PS : basically seperation of state and religion. Vital most point for b'desh.

see the successful muslim countries, the ones who don't make the news as my argument.

2. educate, create, connect. take whomever is helping, india, china, vietnam, japan, its alll good for b'desh.

3. You have to be seen as a responsible country for 2 to happen. Act like a responsible country. Be that. society i mean, both urban and rural.

@ Loki there are three things bangladesh needs right now :

1. need to consciously seperate national politics and bangladesh country from religion.

PS : basically seperation of state and religion. Vital most point for b'desh.

see the successful muslim countries, the ones who don't make the news as my argument.

2. educate, create, connect. take whomever is helping, india, china, vietnam, japan, its alll good for b'desh.

3. You have to be seen as a responsible country for 2 to happen. Act like a responsible country. Be that. society i mean, both urban and rural.

Bangladesh already implements a secular constitution.

The role of religious parties is for Bangladeshis to decide.

Bangladesh already implements a secular constitution.

The role of religious parties is for Bangladeshis to decide.

yes, who else will ? just that bangladesh is not the first country to have this dilemma. many have gone thi way, many have the other. it does well for a state which seperated religion from national politics as another front. history is your biggest teacher. do not neglect that based on fake pride even for being bengali with the best intentions. i believe hasina is not doing bad. she is doing rather well. hasina reminds me of amma. TN CM jayalalitha.

our mad bitch freakshow is doing irreparable damage to society's fabric. It would serve her well to take a leaf out of Hasina's book.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom