What's new

Benazir Murder: Scotland Yard to submit report to Pak govt this week

Nafees

Reaction score
British detectives will give their first report to the Pakistani government this week on their findings in the murder of opposition leader Benazir Bhutto, the interior ministry said Wednesday.

A team of forensic and explosive experts from Scotland Yard spent more than two weeks in the country after President Pervez Musharraf sought British help following Benazir Bhutto's December 27 assassination in a gun and suicide attack.

"They informed us that they would submit their report by Friday," Interior Ministry Spokesman Brigadier Javed Cheema told AFP.

The British investigators are due to arrive here Thursday from London.

British embassy spokesman Aidan Liddle also confirmed the report would be presented to the government this week.

Source: AFP, Islamabad

Good ! it would once and for all clear the mystery of her death and stop the PPP lots from blasting the Government at every available opportunity. Mind you I still think the Government was right in their interpretation of her death.
WaSalam
Araz

Good ! it would once and for all clear the mystery of her death and stop the PPP lots from blasting the Government at every available opportunity. Mind you I still think the Government was right in their interpretation of her death.
WaSalam
Araz

I will say that it is hard to believe!.....:smokin:

I will say that it is hard to believe!.....:smokin:

I rest my case!! Anybody who now does not believe she died as a result of the impact rather than gunshot should bloody well be prepared for exhuming her body.

Bhutto killed by impact of bomb, not bullets: Scotland Yard
1 hour ago

ISLAMABAD (AFP) — British detectives said Friday that Benazir Bhutto was killed by the force of a suicide bomb and not gunfire, backing the Pakistani government's version of how the opposition leader was assassinated.

Scotland Yard said a lone attacker shot at Bhutto as she waved to supporters at an election rally in Rawalpindi on December 27 -- but he missed and then detonated explosives which caused her head to fatally smash against her car.

Bhutto's party immediately rejected the findings, saying it still believed the two-time former premier was slain by an assassin's bullet and reiterating calls for a UN inquiry into the killing.

"In essence, all the evidence indicates that one suspect has fired the shots before detonating an improvised explosive device," said the summary of the 70-page report delivered to Pakistani authorities earlier in the day.

"The blast caused a violent collision between her head and the escape hatch area of the vehicle, causing a severe and fatal head injury," added the summary, signed by British Detective Superintendent John MacBrayne.

The British team of forensics and other experts spent two and a half weeks in Pakistan in January at the invitation of President Pervez Musharraf, who said he wanted to end controversy over the manner of Bhutto's death.

The government has blamed an Al-Qaeda-linked warlord based in Pakistan's troubled tribal areas for the attack and has always said that the blast caused the injury, although it initially said there were two attackers.

The findings have caused fresh controversy ahead of general elections on February 18 that are supposed to be a key step in the nuclear-armed nation's transition to democracy.

Bhutto's aides have said they saw bullet wounds on her head as they bathed her corpse before burial. They have also criticised Pakistani authorities for hosing down the scene hours after the attack.

"The party is still looking at the Scotland Yard report -- however, it is difficult to agree with its findings on the cause of death," Pakistan People's Party spokeswoman Sherry Rehman told AFP.

"We do believe that she was killed by an assassin's bullet," she added.

Rehman said Scotland Yard was hampered by the fact that they were working under Pakistani police, and that their inquiry was limited to the cause of death and not the network behind the attack.

The British team said its task was complicated by the "lack of an extended and detailed search of the crime scene, the absence of an autopsy, and the absence of recognised body recovery and victim identification processes."

But it added that there was sufficient evidence to draw "reliable conclusions", including X-rays checked against Bhutto's dental records and video footage taken by witnesses.

"The only tenable cause for the rapidly fatal head injury in this case is that it occurred as the result of impact due to the effects of the bomb-blast," it quoted British government pathologist Nathaniel Cary as saying.

Photographs and footage shown in Pakistani media after the attack showed an apparent shooter wearing sunglasses, a series of gunshots and Bhutto's scarf flying up before the blast.

Musharraf himself recently admitted that there was a possibility that Bhutto was shot, adding that the announcement she died from a skull fracture caused by her car sunroof lever may have been made too hastily.

The government however says that the family refused to allow an autopsy on the two-time former prime minister that would have allowed the cause of death to be established more fully.

Scotland Yard's report will make little difference to the ongoing debate about who was responsible for the killing.

Musharraf and the US Central Intelligence Agency have blamed Mehsud for masterminding the killing, an accusation he denies.

Bhutto said in an autobiography to be published posthumously that she had warnings that four suicide squads -- one sent by Mehsud and another by a son of Osama bin Laden -- were after her.

But she also repeatedly accused a cabal of senior intelligence and government officials of plotting to kill her, notably in an attack when she returned from exile in Karachi on October 18 that killed 139 people.

Pakistani investigators said on Thursday that they had arrested two "very important alleged terrorists" in Rawalpindi in connection with Bhutto's murder.

The men, named as Hasnain and Rafaqat, were being questioned on Friday.

Both men had "tentacles from the tribal region and Baitullah Mehsud," a senior security official said.

Yep, the Scotland Yard report should shutup every moron who keeps debating how she died.

That is wishful thinking on our part if we think that PPP stalwarts will ever shut up about this. PPP has NEVER EVER agreed with anything other than what comes out of its own party headquarters. Forget Scotland Yard, had this been the PPP's own security details findings, they would have been rejected.

Need I say more?:

Pakistan People’s Party(PPP) rejects Scotland Yard report ISLAMABAD, Feb 8 (AFP) Benazir Bhutto's Pakistan People's Party disagrees with Scotland Yard's findings about her murder and still believes she was killed by an assassin's bullet, party spokeswoman Sherry Rehman told AFP Friday. “The party is still looking at the Scotland Yard report - however, it is difficult to agree with its findings on the cause of death,” Rehman said. “We do believe that she was killed by an assassin's bullet,” she added. (Posted @ 13:50 PST)

:lol::lol::lol:

the question that pops to my mind is, "does it matter?". i mean, in the end she got killed by an assassin who wanted her dead. he shot at her, then blew himself up. now whether she killed by the bullets or by the blast is pretty much irrelevant. she is dead and the assassin got what he wanted. why waste more time and resources on this?

Need I say more:

Pakistan People’s Party(PPP) rejects Scotland Yard report ISLAMABAD, Feb 8 (AFP) Benazir Bhutto's Pakistan People's Party disagrees with Scotland Yard's findings about her murder and still believes she was killed by an assassin's bullet, party spokeswoman Sherry Rehman told AFP Friday. “The party is still looking at the Scotland Yard report - however, it is difficult to agree with its findings on the cause of death,” Rehman said. “We do believe that she was killed by an assassin's bullet,” she added. (Posted @ 13:50 PST)

They either accept the report or exhume the body now and try and prove otherwise. Simple as that.

If the Government had said that she was hit by bullets, the PPP would have said they all missed and it was a decoy from the blast that actually killed her. They will NEVER agree on anything.

Need I say more?:

Moral of the story : Facts can never shup up Moroons ;)

the question that pops to my mind is, "does it matter?". i mean, in the end she got killed by an assassin who wanted her dead. he shot at her, then blew himself up. now whether she killed by the bullets or by the blast is pretty much irrelevant. she is dead and the assassin got what he wanted. why waste more time and resources on this?

Well it does show one thing. That PPP are a bunch of crooks who are willing to make the most out of someone's death in order to gain some political points on Musharraf. Even Asif Zardari must have known, but didn't mind lying it seems.

Well it does show one thing. That PPP are a bunch of crooks who are willing to make the most out of someone's death in order to gain some political points on Musharraf. Even Asif Zardari must have known, but didn't mind lying it seems.

Guys.
Ithink you are missing the point behind their rant. if she was killed by a bullet, then she was murdered.She would therefore be a martyr and a hero. However if she died as a cause of ducking her head and the consequent hit against the side of the sun screen,then it was just an accident. That sureluy cnat be as sexy as dying as a hero by the bullet.
However, the point is they can either ask for the body to be exhumed and examined by UN/ Scotland yard forensic scientists,or just shut up. My Dad used to recite a Persian verse which is worth repeating for these crooks and morons
Jawab e jahilan Bashad Khamoshi.
Translated as the only apt answer for a ***** is to keep quiet.
waSalam
Araz

Back
Top Bottom