What's new

Beautiful pictures of Iran

با کمال احترام به همه برادران ایرانی که از هر جای ایران باشند, میشود که یک سوالی بپرسم؟ شما خودتان فارس هستید؟

Baradar, if I may allow myself to interject in your conversation with Abi, I just wanted to say ethnic notions like Fars vs non-fars are not really that strong in Iran. I am a Lorr and my family comes from the mountains of Western Iran and I consider myself equally Iranian as anybody else, as any Lorr I have ever seen up to now. As another example, I lived in the city of Shiraz, the capital of the Fars (Persia) province, for many years. But don't remember anybody ever referring to themselves as 'Fars'. What's funny is that there is a nomadic Turkic tribe roaming the countryside in the province, and nobody even thinks there is anything strange or wrong about that. And the same is true for Esfahanis, Kermanis, Yazdis, Bushehris, mashhadis and so on... People's abiding identity is national rather than ethnic, for the most part.

Ferdosi said a 1000 years ago Cho Eraan nabaashad tan-e man mabaad. (If Iran doesn't exist may my body not exist)

Baradar, if I may allow myself to interject in your conversation with Abi, I just wanted to say ethnic notions like Fars vs non-fars are not really that strong in Iran. I am a Lorr and my family comes from the mountains of Western Iran and I consider myself equally Iranian as anybody else, as any Lorr I have ever seen up to now. As another example, I lived in the city of Shiraz, the capital of the Fars (Persia) province, for many years. But don't remember anybody ever referring to themselves as 'Fars'. What's funny is that there is a nomadic Turkic tribe roaming the countryside in the province, and nobody even thinks there is anything strange or wrong about that. And the same is true for Esfahanis, Kermanis, Yazdis, Bushehris, mashhadis and so on... People's abiding identity is national rather than ethnic, for the most part.

Ferdosi said a 1000 years ago Cho Eraan nabaashad tan-e man mabaad. (If Iran doesn't exist may my body not exist)

Yes, i know, thats why i appologyzed to the brothers before hand just in case if my question wasnt to their taste.

You speak Persian? That's awesome, where are you from?

فارسی زبان مادری من است , از افغانستان استم

Pfff, of course not.

Azerbaijan was formed with Khanates or Khanates of Azerbaijan basically, northern Khanates was annexed by Russia during 1800 and Southern ones by Perisa. So simple. We got our independence first during 1918 (being the first Democratic and Secular Muslim country ever to be established) but 2 years later Bolsheviks invaded. And finally we got our independence during 1991 wich is present to this day. And today there are a big movement among Iranian Azeris for independence. So get real.

And Azerbaijan is a secular and pretty much European-style, specially Baku. So "Simorgh", why would anyone want to go from Azerbaijan to Iran? Its vice-versa.

I might be wrong, but i think it was according to Gulistan and Turkmancahi treaty that Persia(present day iran) lost its territory to the russians.

I wonder why iranian people dont wear their traditional cloths like pakistanis or afghans?Can any irani brother answer.Thanks

fantastic pictures guys... Iam loving it...
I will start saving from today to visit Iran once in my life time....

I agree with him, in fact, i have never ever said that i am "farsi" before. I am Iranian and that is what matters in Iran.

I wonder why iranian people dont wear their traditional cloths like pakistanis or afghans?Can any irani brother answer.Thanks

Because that is not our traditional clothes. Some Baluch Iranians wear those clothes. Hardly any of the Tajiks in Afghanistan wear it either, it's mostly the Pashtuns.

look at this, this ad just beneath the iranian thread

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Iran looks great. The Speaker of the National Assembly of Pakistan visited Iran recently. She is the first female parliamentary speaker in the Muslim world. I hope Pakistan and Iran stay friendly neighbours, we need a peaceful neighbourhood.

Why does she have to wear 'their' kind of clothing when she's there? Do all foreign dignitaries don 'current Iranian' garbs when visiting, I don't imagine so.
She would not have been allowed in Iran otherwise. Wearing Islamically acceptable clothing is part of Iranian law and any foreigner visiting Iran will be required to change into something propper. Even European royalty that visited Iran had to abide by the same law.

8a9d5d83ac8d597583f46b7a44e0feab.jpg

She is a pretty lady.

Why does she have to wear 'their' kind of clothing when she's there? Do all foreign dignitaries don 'current Iranian' garbs when visiting, I don't imagine so.

In Pakistan, she usually wears something like this:

I guess while her visit to Iran, she wanted to wear what Iranian women usually wear:

The man on the right is the Iranian Ambassador to Pakistan, and the woman on the left is his wife.

:pakistan:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom