What's new

BD section moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although i do not fall in the category of posting here, i do have something to say.
Since there are so many difference between various members, rather than making a BD member, moderator, BAN ALL RELIGIOUS, ECONOMIC(except sticky), POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS and keep a Pakistani moderator to check in if the rules are being violated.
Most of the hate starts from those kind of threads and while being a military forum, BD section seems nothing like it. To keep the decency of this military forum, you must not tolerate any other discussions as many members here failed to keep a cool head while arguing. Just an opinion though, do look into it. @WebMaster

Last edited by a moderator:
Hammer bhai, with due respect, even when you left his forum and showed your disapproval towards his views kalu_miah always spoke of you with respect and idulgence (perhaps until you openly criticized him on this forum and made reference to his personal life, in a 'not so respectable' manner- even then he mostly remains silent about you/your opinions).

Calling someone a "disgusting human being" maybe your idea of speaking with respect but unfortuntately not most other people's. There are other things but I will not elaborate just to avoid conflict.

Your "version" of events is unfortunately far from the actual reality. Anyway I do not want to say much more about this as @WebMaster has asked us to refrain from antagonism but feel I must point out that your post is highly inaccurate and it is not fair to vilify me as a troublemaker. The thread is about who should be a moderator and not how evil Hammer-fist is so please stick to the topic. I for one for example am not going to reply to M_Saint's attack on me.

Although i do not fall in the category of posting here, i do have something to say.
Since there are so many difference between various members, rather than making a BD member, moderator, BAN ALL RELIGIOUS, ECONOMIC(except sticky), POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS and keep a Pakistani moderator to check in if the rules are being violated.
Most of the hate starts from those kind of threads and while being a military forum, BD section seems nothing like it. To keep the decency of this military forum, you must not tolerate any other discussions as many members here failed to keep a cool head while arguing. Just an opinion though, do look into it. @WebMaster
That is the dumbest suggestion, no offense bro. Like what defense converation do you plan to have? its not like BD buys a lot of toys, defense purchases are very well covered too. Politics, economics and religion is what this sub forum spicy and fun. I am quitting if politics is a banned topic. I am sure most will follow since this place would be one boring place.

Calling someone a "disgusting human being" maybe your idea of speaking with respect but unfortuntately not most other people's. There are other things but I will not elaborate just to avoid conflict.

Your "version" of events is unfortunately far from the actual reality. Anyway I do not want to say much more about this as @WebMaster has asked us to refrain from antagonism but feel I must point out that your post is highly inaccurate and it is not fair to vilify me as a troublemaker. The thread is about who should be a moderator and not how evil Hammer-fist is so please stick to the topic. I for one for example am not going to reply to M_Saint's attack on me.

personal attacks are the bangali way, stop complaining, grow a thicker skin and a pair.:lol:

My problem with the Bangladesh section is that there aren't enough military-related discussions. Around 98% of it are all political discussions. Though, the one recent and prominent discussions was the Shahbag matter. Rest are mostly irrelevant and unimportant news.

Also, economic threads are all to go to the sticky thread. That is a rule. Wonder what happened(?)

Interesting that even after a compromise proposal the second group want everything their way. One moderator is not possible as both groups will never agree on a single name.

I appreciate your attempt to be fair and reach a compromise.

1. Purely from the viewpoint of practicality you can't have a committee but you need a moderator.

2. If you feel that I am not being reasonable in trying to reach a compromise I have to say that someone who is an activist for a political party being a moderator is far from fair, also someone who has admitted he targeted another member (me) by "trolling".

I have no problem with Loki if he/she is made a moderator and will accept the decision but still I don't think it would be a good one as he/she does not have in my humble opinion the maturity or strength of character to be a moderator. However if he/she is made a moderator, I will accept it.

3. If you feel that I am not being fair in trying to reach a compromise then I will even say aazidane would make a moderator. We have had our fights and arguments but:

i: He is not a religious extremist
ii: Not a registered member of any political party as far as I know.
iii: No particular agenda or ideology he is trying to promote (e.g. ASEAN+, conflict with India).
iv: Has professional experience in working for a PR company.

He may not seem mature now but I believe with the responsibility of being a moderator he will discharge his duties properly.

Yes, this is Aazidane, a BNP-wala and Hammer-hater, that I am proposing.

Some of the others you mentioned are highly controversial individuals who have been carrying out precisely some of the things I have said should be made infractional offences.

My problem with the Bangladesh section is that there aren't enough military-related discussions. Around 98% of it are all political discussions. Though, the one recent and prominent discussions was the Shahbag matter. Rest are mostly irrelevant and unimportant news.

Also, economic threads are all to go to the sticky thread. That is a rule. Wonder what happened(?)

awami league corruption:taz:. T

here isn't much to discuss about BD military

If the Webmaster wants to go for BD mods,then I would like to recommend @MBI Munshi , @Loki, @kalu_miah, @kobiraaz respectively. 4 of the most unbiased and knowledgeable posters on BD section IMO. Kobi & Loki also spend a lot of time. Planet is also good, but he is yet to be a senoir member while @Skallagrim can also fit the bill. But if none of them agree then a PAK mod would do fine. How about genmirajborgza786 ? @WebMaster. :)

That is the dumbest suggestion, no offense bro. Like what defense converation do you plan to have? its not like BD buys a lot of toys, defense purchases are very well covered too. Politics, economics and religion is what this sub forum spicy and fun. I am quitting if politics is a banned topic. I am sure most will follow since this place would be one boring place.

None taken but to me political discussions in military forum is even more dumber. No matter how many toys we buy, this forum was made for discussions of weapons only and it should remain that way.

I appreciate your attempt to be fair and reach a compromise.

1. Purely from the viewpoint of practicality you can't have a committee but you need a moderator.

2. If you feel that I am not being reasonable in trying to reach a compromise I have to say that someone who is an activist for a political party being a moderator is far from fair, also someone who has admitted he targeted another member (me) by "trolling".

I have no problem with Loki if he/she is made a moderator and will accept the decision but still I don't think it would be a good one as he/she does not have in my humble opinion the maturity or strength of character to be a moderator. However if he/she is made a moderator, I will accept it.

3. If you feel that I am not being fair in trying to reach a compromise then I will even say aazidane would make a moderator. We have had our fights and arguments but:

i: He is not a religious extremist
ii: Not a registered member of any political party as far as I know.
iii: No particular agenda or ideology he is trying to promote (e.g. ASEAN+, conflict with India).
iv: Has professional experience in working for a PR company.

He may not seem mature now but I believe with the responsibility of being a moderator he will discharge his duties properly.

Yes, this is Aazidane, a BNP-wala and Hammer-hater, that I am proposing.

Some of the others you mentioned are highly controversial individuals who have been carrying out precisely some of the things I have said should be made infractional offences.

:lol:I don't want to be a mod, i like soft trolling way too much to become a mod. :smokin: trolling without infractions takes serious skills.
I don't hate you bro, i just think you need to see the ground realities in Bangladesh and live there for a bit, i find you an idealist and quite a rational poster. I have always respected idealists.

None taken but to me political discussions in military forum is even more dumber. No matter how many toys we buy, this forum was made for discussions of weapons only and it should remain that way.

There is a difference between domestic politics and international geo-politics.

The second is completely relevant to military affairs and defence analysts and military intelligence deal with this.

So to be quite frank, though I don't like him even if Idune started one of his anti-India threads and it was related to our geo-politics, I still think it's relevant.

Where you may have a point is if it is about the corruption of a politician/minister which has no wider bearing on our geo-politics.

A military forum which only talks about weapons is in some ways merely a glorified defence engineering forum for engineers and electronics experts.

We want peace brah! screw the guns, we here discuss politics so that we dontt need to use guns .....peace brahhh:drag:

:lol:I don't want to be a mod, i like soft trolling way too much to become a mod. :smokin: trolling without infractions takes serious skills.

Whoever becomes moderator should take a much harder line on family insults. This should result in at least a 2 week ban. There are certain people who are doing this and then seem to be repeating this offence again and again without being banned.

Whoever becomes moderator e.g. @Loki @CaPtAiN_pLaNeT @eastwatch should take a very harsh line against this sort of abuse.

Whoever becomes moderator should take a much harder line on family insults. This should result in at least a 2 week ban. There are certain people who are doing this and then seem to be repeating this offence again and again without being banned.

Whoever becomes moderator e.g. @Loki @CaPtAiN_pLaNeT @eastwatch should take a very harsh line against this sort of abuse.

When i first joined, you should have seen the insults that were thrown at me by al zakir, msaint, idune and munshi:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom