What's new

BD section moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys who referred my name, unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to take the responsibility because of timing issue. You people have seen that sometime I can't visit the forum even once in a day. It's because then I get heavily engaged in my professional field.

However, I'd suggest having two mods not one which will balance the loads of moderation as well as not let a mod be autocratic. It could be structured like captain and vice captain.

I suggest the following names as mods:

@Avisheik
@CaPtAiN_pLaNeT
@eastwatch
@iajdani
@kobiraaz
@Loki
@MBI Munshi
@Skallagrim

(Alphabetically ordered)

Last edited by a moderator:
Since there is an objection to the initial 3 names let me expand the list:

1. Loki

2. Kalu-Miah

3. Kobiraaz

4. genmirajborgza786

5. CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

6. eastwatch

Apart from myself these are the most senior members who regularly post on the BD section. Decisions on banning, suspension or any other disciplinary issue will be decided by simple majority.

If some compromise is not reached there will never be any result on this. No single suggestion will please all the BD members here as there are two groups. Although I was extremely reluctant to propose CaPtAiN_pLaNeT and eastwatch I think there is no alternative. The second group will not accept the first three names, however, qualified.

Bloody hell this feels like BD politics .....

All the names proposed may be called Junior Moderators .... LOlz

This is impractical.

1. What if these members themselves do not agree on something and waste their time discussing moderation.

You are simply adding an extra layer of bureaucracy, never mind suggesting someone who is an activist for one particular party and someone else who is not even Bangladeshi but Pakistani.

2. There should only be one moderator and not a committee.

Also just to add to the three points I proposed earlier.

1: No frivolous reporting of postsings/wasting mod time.
2. No attempts to get posters banned.
3. No lying about posters.

I would also add a fourth

4. No attempts to intimidate a poster in to silence.

For example a certain poster who has an agenda would instantly label anyone who made posts he felt threatened that agenda by calling them a member of a certain party "Party X thug" and this seemed to silence posters and discourage them from expressing their views.

I think what is more important is adherence to the rules and implementation of them rather than who the moderator is, though that is very important as we need an impartial moderator, not someone who is a party activist (be they Awami/BNP/Jamati), or someone with an agenda/particular ideology policy they want to promote.

Since there is an objection to the initial 3 names let me expand the list:

1. Loki

2. Kalu-Miah

3. Kobiraaz

4. genmirajborgza786

5. CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

6. eastwatch

Apart from myself these are the most senior members who regularly post on the BD section. Decisions on banning, suspension or any other disciplinary issue will be decided by simple majority.

If some compromise is not reached there will never be any result on this. No single member suggestion will please all the BD members here as there are two groups. Although I was extremely reluctant to propose CaPtAiN_pLaNeT and eastwatch I think there is no alternative. The second group will not accept the first three names, however, qualified.

Bloody hell this feels like BD politics .....

All the names proposed may be called Junior Moderators and can become full moderators if the Pakistani admin think their performance is up to the mark.

I could have added Al-Zakir, M-Saint and Idune as well but I know the other group would never accept them and the proposal would get nowhere. Very unfortunate but that is the reality.

i am not senior member i have to response now, i want to mention that Kalu_miah calls Our Independence war is civil war. Being a Bangladeshi i think he is not eligible.

Thanks guys who referred my name, unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to take the responsibility because of timing issue. You people have seen that sometime I can't visit the forum even once in a day. It's because then I get heavily engaged in my professional field.

However, I'd suggest having two mods not one which will balance the loads of moderation as well as not let a mod be autocratic. It could be structured like captain and vice captain.

I suggest the following names as mods:

@CaPtAiN_pLaNeT
@eastwatch
@iajdani
@kobiraaz
@Loki
@MBI Munshi
@Skallagrim

(Alphabetically ordered)

If Kobiraaz or Kalu_Miah are made moderators, I will leave this forum.

Many will of course be absolutely happy and ecstatic (and will propose Kobiraaz/Kalu_Miah for that very reason) but that will be the personal decision which I make.

Interesting that even after a compromise proposal the second group want everything their way. One moderator is not possible as both groups will never agree on a single name.

Actually, BD section kicks *** the way it is, no mod needed.

Interesting that even after a compromise proposal the second group want everything their way. One moderator is not possible as both groups will never agree on a single name.

This forum reflects the polarization of Bangladeshi politics:lol:

what is a second Group Sir?? we never had any grouping when Iajdani Eastwatch and Captain planet used to post frequently...

you talking about newbies???

If Kobiraaz or Kalu_Miah are made moderators, I will leave this forum.

Many will of course be absolutely happy and ecstatic (and will propose Kobiraaz/Kalu_Miah for that very reason) but that will be the personal decision which I make.

Hammer bhai, with due respect, even when you left his forum and showed your disapproval towards his views kalu_miah always spoke of you with respect and idulgence (perhaps until you openly criticized him on this forum and made reference to his personal life, in a 'not so respectable' manner- even then he mostly remains silent about you/your opinions).

what is a second Group Sir?? we never had any grouping when Iajdani Eastwatch and Captain planet used to post frequently...

you talking about newbies???

It started with hammer fist's mainstream Bangladeshi claims along with the the newbie called sepoi. FIRST and FOREMOST, Sepoi needs to be banned. Half the mud slinging would stop.

This is impractical.

1. What if these members themselves do not agree on something and waste their time discussing moderation.

You are simply adding an extra layer of bureaucracy, never mind suggesting someone who is an activist for one particular party and someone else who is not even Bangladeshi but Pakistani.

2. There should only be one moderator and not a committee.

Also just to add to the three points I proposed earlier.

1: No frivolous reporting of postsings/wasting mod time.
2. No attempts to get posters banned.
3. No lying about posters.

I would also add a fourth

4. No attempts to intimidate a poster in to silence.

For example a certain poster who has an agenda would instantly label anyone who made posts he felt threatened that agenda by calling them a member of a certain party "Party X thug" and this seemed to silence posters and discourage them from expressing their views.

I think what is more important is adherence to the rules and implementation of them rather than who the moderator is, though that is very important as we need an impartial moderator, not someone who is a party activist (be they Awami/BNP/Jamati), or someone with an agenda/particular ideology policy they want to promote.

1: No frivolous reporting of postsings/wasting mod time..
It was U that started to report posts right, left and center. I joined here even before Idune, kalu, Loki and many others but hardly ever reported because I wasn't revengeful to take even the worst opposition's posting right away. UR contradictory action resembles the trait of two faced ness. First U take the advantage of the system to take down UR opposition then U act like a peace maker, so the opposition can't reciprocate UR action. What a cunning ness! We have been posting here without causing ruckus but UR arrival has changed the dynamics. It is so childish that asking MOD for poking his nose on silly fighting issues of BDians like MOD doesn't have any better thing to do. Grow up man!

Two good bangali members are qualified to be mods only others dont have the capability to manage and are biased. @kobiraaz @Loki
These two members should be considered fit for the job.

attaboy :cheers:

but who will troll Indians with Mughalistan and united Bengal??:whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom