What's new

Banned Words on PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we have the words 'India', 'Hindustan', 'Bharat', there's no need for the use of 'Gangadesh'. There's no official word called 'Gangadesh'.

Really? Are you sure?

It's up to the mods/you people to decide whether 'jihadi' as a word is an insult in this forum or not. We are not deciding it for you.

Why should I explain anything to you? We Indians don't want the usage of 'Gangadesh' on the forum. We Indians will decide that, right? Maybe we can take a poll among ourselves.

I certainly don't want 'Gangadesh' as a word to be used.

@vegav @jamahir @Gandhi G in da house @Joe Shearer @ChennaiDude @Nilgiri @KhanBaba2 @Axomiya_lora @Naofumi @Mad Scientist 2.0

Bro, I don't know why you care? Love and hatred can't be stopped by God also. Let them use whatever word they want to. Their city Karachi is overwhelming full of Gangadeshis only. Their DNA comes from.there.

First.

Starting backwards, do you think there is anything left unsaid, not just by me but by many other Indians, about those aspects that we consider to be done wrong in the erstwhile J&K?

Second.

My dilemma is a very simple one, and very stark.

If you are right, and the majority determines what is the moral nature of a situation, then so too is the Sangh Parivar; they too have the same position, that they, being in the majority, 'know', beyond the capacity of the law of the land, how to determine morality.

Now, if you are right, AND the Sangh Parivar is right, what is my position? Whom should I stand with?

Third.

For what you have said, acts of murder should be called murder; it is a crime under the statutes, and what other name but the statutory nature of the crime should be used?

Acts of maiming are grievous bodily injury; what else need they be called, and why?

Acts of torture are acts of torture; I do not remember the exact definition, but there is ample provision for it.

So, too, acts of rape are acts of rape.

My question to you is this: why is there a need for a special nomenclature for any of these crimes, other than a political need for a political purpose? And if it is a political need and a political purpose, then where is this to be resolved, in a court of law or by negotiation between two sets of opposing advocates, whatever we call them, diplomats or other?

It goes further.

I am told that this is a reprehensible state of affairs, and am also told that force will be exercised to correct this, and that this use of force is legitimate. It is a puzzle to me: has force never been used before by one party to impose its wishes on the other party? If this is a perpetual position, to use force to resolve the matter, and to aid and abet those who, as individuals, take it upon themselves to set things right, then what is new, and why should this fresh effort be called for? If you have decided on a course of action right at the start, we have on our side of the border nothing to contribute, besides wringing our hands. And agitating for human rights, but that is again not exactly new.

Fourth.

Wherever there has been occasion, there has been, in the years that have passed, efforts made by Indian individuals and groups, authorised and unauthorised, legally empowered by courts of law and by government authority, to get to the bottom of things. I ask this plainly, to all reading this, have any of you, ANY of you, gone through those proceedings? Or is it the Red Queen's solution - Execution first, Trial afterwards?

If it is anyone's case that there has never been retribution exacted for offenders, I can confidently tell you, with no fear of contradiction, and on the basis of public records that appeared at the time, that it is not so.

Fifth.

Until 2014, this pack that is at the helm of affairs had NO influence. It needs to be thought about clearly and said clearly - is it being argued that this state of affairs was always so, or is it being argued that it has been so since 2014? What they have done since 2014 in the sphere of constitutionality has evoked outrage not merely in me, but in the minds of a great many Indians.

To end my submission, make of this what you will; from where I stand, there is no reason, no justification, no moral or legal foundation to select politically loaded terms that have a context only in an effort to reclaim the ground lost by listless diplomacy in the past, and in an attempt to make the most of the singularly uncivil government that we have to suffer.

Needless to add, I will doubtless presently, like my Nigerian exemplar, have it explained to me very clearly.

Just one thing, the Sangh parivar has always been relevant and influential in India. Political victories have come and gone but it is a social force since a very longtime. Even in 2014, it had multiple state governments and Rajya Sabha members. It is a different issue that the ruling party had sheer hatred and contempt for a large social organisation and that brought them down.

@AgNoStiC MuSliM ..

@masterchief_mirza is right, context is important
There's absolutely nothing wrong in using word Gangu or Gangadeshi for Bharatis/Ganga dwellers

You seem to be forgetting that you are on a Pakistani forum, our dear Gangu friend

Where will Indian Punjabis and Rajasthan and Gujaratis get classified? They are.not Gangus either.

Hindustan is derived from the word Indus. So if you call us Gangadeshi, you become Hindustani. Nothing to do with the religion. It has to do with geography.

The name of our country is Bharat and Bharat only.

That was not a name given by the citizens but outsiders.

I too am an outsider to the people of Sindu. If they insist on calling me Gangadeshi, I will call them Hindustani. At least one of us will be accurate.

its a discussion thread. We can’t discuss the word unless we use the word. Please limit reporting to the main forum for now, not a thread used for getting feedback on the word itself.
I haven't reported anywhere when 'Gangu'/'Gangadesh' was being discussed, I only reported when he used that word against me. He wasn't clearly discussing the word.

Anyway, it's your forum and the final decision is for you to take. Just let us know that what we say will not be taken seriously so that I won't even take the effort to report these things. Thanks.

Likewise, "jihadi" isn't necessarily an insult.
I'm afraid it is, it almost always used as a synonym foterrorist. there is no such word in Arabic [in this context], brothers SC and AgNoStiC MuSliM will confirm that the one doing jihad is a mujahid, 2+ are mujahideen. jihadi is an injun a superpower2012 invention that has crept in to the English language via 100s and 100s of European/American/even Pakistani looking superpower2012 websites

Last edited:
General Bakhshi may struggle to last a day if these words are banned.

Dada moi koisu he je mur okhubidha nai.
Kukure Tu bhukiye thakibo. Thakok
Dhet teri:rofl:

Etia buji palu, ihotor logot kotha pota mane sika mari haath gundhuwa...
Thike koise dada.
Iman matha gorom hoi,,, jata koi thake.
@ AgNoStiC MuSliM how come these here father and son team are allowed to converse in shonar language in an English thread but the eagle won't allow us to use any language other than English anywhere?
Iman matha gorom hoi,,, jata koi thake.
is that a typo for Imran, you fragrance of spice you?

Last edited:
I'm afraid it is, it almost always used as a synonym for terrorist. there is no such word in Arabic, brothers SC and AgNoStiC MuSliM will confirm that the one doing jihad is a mujahid, 2+ are mujahideen. jihadi is an injun invention that has crept in to the English language via 100s and 100s of European/American/even Pakistani looking bharati websites
That is right it is Mujahid.. as Jihadi in Arabic means "My Jihad".. so it has a Hitler's like connotation of " Mein Kampf " Hitler's book of 1928..

Exactly, Pakistanis should be fine with "Panju", is not it?
It's inaccurate. We're not all punjabis - simple. However, in the secular republic of India, the river Ganges is described by Modi and adherents of hindu nationalism thus:

India's dying mother
by Justin Rowlatt

1920-img_6493-lr.jpg

The Ganges is one of the greatest rivers on Earth, but it is dying.

From the icy Himalayan peaks, where it begins, right down to the Bay of Bengal, it is being slowly poisoned.

The Ganges is revered in India but it is also the sewer that carries away the waste from the 450 million people who live in its catchment area.

Pollution from the factories and farms of the fastest-growing large economy in the world – and from the riverside cremation of Hindu true believers - has turned its waters toxic.

The Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, promised two years ago to clean up the Ganges, but can he do it?

Can the sacred mother of Hinduism be saved?

ganges_shorthand_map_river_1920-lr.jpg

ganges_shorthand_map_1920-lr_ndgvhya.jpg

ganges_shorthand_map_basin_1920-lr_o2omdjs.jpg

The Swami

1920-gangotri-gacier-getty--lr.jpg

The source of the Ganges lies among the soaring, snow-clad peaks of the Himalayas.

As a rose-pink dawn rises over the jagged teeth of the mountains, the valley where the river begins remains in deep shadow.

It takes hours for the sun to scale the great crags. Only then does a single shaft of sunlight finally penetrate into the chasm.

It strikes a glacier called Gangotri, suddenly illuminating its cloudy blue and white depths.

It is easy to understand why this is one of the most sacred sites in all Hinduism. Up here in the cold fresh air the great shimmering body of frozen water appears radiantly pure.

1920-alamy-bb4tfw-lr.jpg

At the foot of the glacier there is a cave in the ice. This is “Gaumukh”, the cow’s mouth, and the chuckling stream of crystal clear icy water that emerges from it is the beginning of the Ganges.

Ma Ganga, it is known in Hindi: “Mother Ganges”. It’s an apt name - the Ganges has nurtured and supported the rise of Indian civilisation.

As the stream snakes down from the mountains it gathers pace and volume, joined by hundreds of others bringing snowmelt from the vast Himalayan watershed.

But studies show that even here in the Himalayas the water is becoming increasingly polluted.

And the further you descend, the more pronounced the legendary river’s problems become.

In the holy city of Rishikesh, Swami Chidanand Saraswati is leading the evening aarti, a Hindu fire ceremony.

xganges_part2_map1-lr.jpg

He is an irrepressibly cheerful man, the flickering light of the butter candles he circles in front of him twinkle in his eyes as he chants and sings along with the music. About 50 monks take part, watched by a couple of hundred devotees.

These river aartis are a celebration of the Ganges. A similar ritual is performed in towns and villages all along the 2,500km-long (1,500-mile) river.

All day pilgrims have been descending to the water to bathe, part of an ancient ritual of purification.

Hindus revere the Ganges as a god. They believe she came down from heaven to cleanse the Earth, and that bathing in her waters can wash away a person’s sins.

The Swami has built the ashram into a huge enterprise. He glances down modestly when I ask how many followers he has. “Perhaps a million,” he replies. But his demeanour changes when I ask about pollution in the river. His brow furrows.

Too many people think the Ganges not only purifies sin but also has the power to cleanse itself, he says.

Sitting here by the Ganga I can tell you, before we take a bath in the Ganga we need to give Ganga a bath.”

“People think Ganga can take care of my sins, can take care of anything, and they forget that while Ganga can take care of your sins it cannot take care of your waste, of your pollution.”

xx1920-img_5140-lr.jpg

Campaigning for a serious effort to clean the river, he says, occupies most of his time. He is in no doubt that India is killing the Ganges, “killing its own mother”, he says, and he is determined to save her.

For me if Ganga dies, India dies. If Ganga thrives, India thrives.”

The prime minister, Narendra Modi, a Hindu nationalist, also sees cleaning up the Ganges as nothing less than a mission from God.

“Ma Ganga has called me,” he told the crowd at his victory celebration, when he was swept to power in a landslide victory two years ago.

“She has decided some responsibilities for me. Ma Ganga is screaming for help, she is saying I hope one of my sons gets me out of this filth,” he said. “It is possible it has been decided by God for me to serve Ma Ganga.”

I suppose a case could be made for non-Hindus refusing to be called "gangadeshis" since the river Ganga is not of direct importance per se. However, even then, Indian non-Hindus cannot deny the centrality of Ma Ganga to Indian development politically as a nation state.

@TheGreatMaratha I don't know why you're getting annoyed at me. I'm telling it how I see it. If it comes down to some kind of vote, so be it. You still haven't explained why Ganga and its derivatives is unacceptable to you as a descriptor of geographic and geopolitical origins, when used entirely without malicious intent.

I am happy that Pakistanis are in fact "Indian" with specific regard to the IVC, but the term "India" stands usurped and misappropriated and that cannot be undone even in a few years - it would entail a massive national project akin to the Greece-Macedonia dispute. Pakistan doesn't have the time for that hence that is my reason for not being able to accept the confusing descriptor "Indian" to describe the IVC lineages at this point in time. We're not all "Punjabi" for obvious reasons so you can't call all Pakistanis that either. Finally, "Hindustani" while being a variant of Industani and hence historically reasonable, is rendered unacceptable at this point in time because of its appropriation both by the nation state India and by the religion "Hinduism". Pakistan cannot be regarded as "Hindustan" for both those reasons and the confusion that will exist because of the appropriation of those terms by (a) a faith group and (b) another nation state. So, since Ganga and its derivatives are available and not appropriated elsewhere, my question about why it's offensive still stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom