What's new

Bangladesh urges Pakistan apology for 1971 ‘crimes’

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are even not asked to think so. You have over 100 reasons not to want so---the smallest is you never want Pak & Bangla people come closer to each other.

Most or all Bangladeshis think that India (perhaps later advised by Israel) noted the rift the pre-1971 disparity had been causing, and India just had been looking for the opportunity. The trigger to the fire was again provided by Pak Army crack-down in 25th night.

So, India got the opportunity to play its own role---never for the love of Bangladesh people but reap its own benefit of the life-time.

Even now your post is trying to do the same: Keep both Pakistan and Bangladesh at far ends----lest apology brings them closer.

What India abhors most even now is Pak-Bangla intimate co-operation.

Why India is so close to USA, Israel, Russia but not liked by any of its neighbours : peolples of Pakistan, Maldives, Srilanka, Bangladesh and Nepal, China ? Answer to this riddle is also very important to be realized by all.

buddy ........india had to join the war coz too many bangla refugees were pouring into india which india could not control.......nothing else ....

This forum displays that many Pak brothers do not admit the wrongs and are averse to apology.
I guess musharraf already gave a statement recognizing the blunder of 1971. What more could bangladesh ask for? Moreover what kind of apology you want and what constitues and apology? Do you want all of Pakistan to sign a petition that yes we were wrong and send it to bangladesh...?

Most of the high-ups of that time are either dead or have their legs hanging in the grave. 4 decades later i think we should be thinking ahead; not beating around the bush. Atrocities were committed from both sides; enough is enough...

This forum will be most fruitful if the practicability and the format of such apology or even a format to display an attitude that is atleast indicative of any apolgy can be devised by all participating Pak & Bangla members through exchange of views.

That will be "thinking ahead'.

But this will be again hindered if you say only "Atrocities were committed from both sides". Any literate person knows that "All atrocities are not equal, not the causes are made by both are in equal proportion."

No doubt we both need each other as dictated by Islam and reality as well. Now after all that occured, both have to show the other respect for other's right and that this time Islam is not going to be used as slogan only.

But in doing this, incidentally, Pakistan has to demonstrate first and more to make it success. That will require strength to admit own faults, patience and rationale thinking and modesty----very scarce at this time. This should start much earlier. Meanwhile AL has made it too difficult.

Bangldesh will require the generosity to forgive, and strength to forget. In the name of Islam, Bangladesh do not have much dearth of these---if only AL can be managed. As both sides are muslims, Islam will work its part also as well. Many members in this forum can work for propagating the idea.

But, all efforts will be blocked if the other side arrogantly denies to show its good sides convincingly first.

Most of the high-ups of that time are either dead or have their legs hanging in the grave. 4 decades later i think we should be thinking ahead; not beating around the bush. Atrocities were committed from both sides; enough is enough...

This war crime trial is for all type of atrocities committed.

Razakars,those who sided with Pakistan army and killed and raped innocent civilians.

Those Pakistan army personnel,who committed murder and rape,(now don't tell me they were saints).

Those Freedom Fighters who killed bihari civilian and families of the Razakars in retaliation.

You would be glad to know that so far people from all these catagory other than Pakistan Army personnel,has been sued and arrested.Yes,even a commander of Mukti Bahini is also arrested for atrocities he committed.

Some people talking about Pakistanis are better muslims than others,let me tell you people,this same mentality is the reason for the break up of Pakistan.BTW how do you measure it being a better muslim?do you measure it in Kg or meter?

Everyone talking about Islam but at the same time don't want to ask for forgiveness.No matter how many people were killed,be it 3 million or 300 thousand,there was killing committed by Pak army and you have to accept the fact.You have to understand that the accounts of so many people can not be motivated by some foreign agency like RAW.

buddy ........india had to join the war coz too many bangla refugees were pouring into india which india could not control.......nothing else ....

:rofl::rofl:

You are so unaware of history.Please read some history,good ones ok,not from wiki.

Anyways those refugees were profitable for your politicians.They are so corrupt that they ate up bulk of the relief money that were sent from across the world.

I seriously have no interest to enlighten you further after that foolish statement of yours.Please kindly follow my advice.

Bangldesh will require the generosity to forgive, and strength to forget. In the name of Islam, Bangladesh do not have much dearth of these---if only AL can be managed. As both sides are muslims, Islam will work its part also as well. Many members in this forum can work for propagating the idea.

But, all efforts will be blocked if the other side arrogantly denies to show its good sides convincingly first.

Woderful words sir,completely agree with you.

:rofl::rofl:

You are so unaware of history.Please read some history,good ones ok,not from wiki.

Anyways those refugees were profitable for your politicians.They are so corrupt that they ate up bulk of the relief money that were sent from across the world.

I seriously have no interest to enlighten you further after that foolish statement of yours.Please kindly follow my advice.

Yeah, 20 million refugees were so profitable for us. Especially at a time when we were struggling to feed our own people. :rolleyes:

If you're going to say that refugees played no part in Indian intervention then i would suggest you read up on your own history.

Yeah, 20 million refugees were so profitable for us. Especially at a time when we were struggling to feed our own people. :rolleyes:

If you're going to say that refugees played no part in Indian intervention then i would suggest you read up on your own history.

20 million refugees????????????????????????????????????????????

This is the list of notable migrants from East Pakistan to India:

• Achintyakumar Sengupta (Noakhali; literature)
• Amartya Sen (Dhaka, economics/academia)
• Bijon Bhattacharya (Faridpur, cinema)
• Buddhadev Bose (Comilla; literature)
• Chuni, better known than by his given name Manik, Goswami (Kishoreganj; sports)
• Comrade Muzaffar Ahmed (Noakhali; politics, founder of Communist Party of India)
• Debabrata Biswas (Maymensingh, Tagore song)
• Jibananda Das (Barisal, poet)
• Jogendra Nath Mandal (Barisal; politics, First Law Minister, Pakistan (1947-1950)
• Jyoti Basu (Dhaka; politics, Chief Minister, West Bengal 1977-2000)
• Bimal Roy (Dhaka; cinema)
• Hemanga Biswas (Sylhet; music)
• Hiralal Chakraborty (Noakhali; Publisher - Founder of Prakashani Limited and Nababidhan Press)
• Humayun Kabir (Faridpur; literature and academics)
• Ila Mitra (Khulna, human rights activist)
• Kazi Abdul Wadud (Faridpur; literature)
• Lokesh Chandra Chakraborty (Noakhali; Pricipal - David Hare Training College, Jadavpur)
• Madhabi Mukherjee (Barisal; cinema)
• Mahasweta Devi (Dhaka; literature, human rights)
• Megh Nad Saha (Dhaka; science)
• Mrinal Sen (Faridpur; cinema)
• Narendranath Mitra (Faridpur; literature and journalism)
• Nirad Chaudhuri (Mymensingh; author)
• Nirmalendu Chowdhury (Sylhet; music)
• Pankaj Roy (Dhaka; Cricketer)
• Priya Ranjan Dasmunsi (Dinajpur, politics)
• Ratan Kumar Guhathakurta (Barisal, Civil Engineer/Corporate - General Manager: Oil & Gas Division ~ IVRCL Infrastructure Ltd.)
• Ritwik Ghatak (Dhaka; cinema)
• Pannalal Ghosh (Barisal; music)
• Sachin Dev Burman (Comilla; music)
• Shirshendu Mukhopadhyay (Dhaka - Bikrampur; writer)
• Suchitra Sen (Pabna, cinema)
• Sunil Gangopadhyay (Faridpur; writer)
• Sunil Ganguly (Faridpur; musician)
• Tulsi Lahiri (Rangpur; music and cinema)
• Ustad Alauddin Khan (Brahmanbaria; music)
• Ustad Bahadur Hossain Khan (Dhaka; music)
• Vilayat Khan (Mymensingh; music)
• Utpal Dutta (Barisal, theatre)
• Suchitra Sen (Pabna, Cinema)
• Bhanu Banerjee (Dhaka, Cinema)

Count the number of Muslims. There are people coming even now from India to Pakistan.

Last edited:

Do not quote out of context.He said refugee were the sole reason.Go back and read his post.

But do you honestly think refugee was a big factor than breaking up your enemy?Do not be naive.

They were certainly profitable for your politicians and that's what I said.Read and then jump on to reply.

BTW I know my history well.Thanks.

Do not quote out of context.He said refugee were the sole reason.Go back and read his post.

But do you honestly think refugee was a big factor than breaking up your enemy?Do not be naive.

They were certainly profitable for your politicians and that's what I said.Read and then jump on to reply.

BTW I know my history well.Thanks.

You dont know your history and even if you do , you dont want to believe it. so it doesnt make a difference either way.

To tell you the truth, both are enemies for us . So , it doesn't make an inch of a difference if both come together or not

Perhaps we should think about this honest statement from an Indian and realize that reunification of pak-bangla is the only antidote to Indian aggression and our dignifying survival.

Islamic army with nuke on both wings....Kalas :lol::rofl:

You dont know your history and even if you do , you dont want to believe it. so it doesnt make a difference either way.

Where is the EVIDENCE practice now ? Did you mention any evidence on your statement to Leonblack ?

The fact is Musharraf appologized as head of Pakistani State means that Pakistanis have appologized.He was representing Pakistani people.Now why should we setup special banners etc to apologize to Bangladeshis?I mean some of us were not even born back then so not sure why we should apologize...Every German should apologize to Jews now and then to please them.

The fact is Musharraf appologized as head of Pakistani State means that Pakistanis have appologized.He was representing Pakistani people.Now why should we setup special banners etc to apologize to Bangladeshis?I mean some of us were not even born back then so not sure why we should apologize...Every German should apologize to Jews now and then to please them.

The historical relationship between a German and a Jew is not equitable with that between a Pakistani and Bangladeshi.

Forefathers of both laters (including Sk. Mujib and Bhutto) strived together to establish Pakistan, and fought the war of 1965. In many graves around Lahore and Sialkot are lying heroes of Bangladesh side by side with those of Pakistan. Together they established PAF supremacy in the western sky. A distance of 1000 miles vanished when both caught the rope of Islam.

The leaders in Govt. and Army forgot what Islam means, and disparity started---creating hate and distrust in between---so far that an election was overlooked and army was let loose. Islam vanished from between us.

If we again want that Islam back into us, and sincerely want 'ummah' back in place, we have to think of the Islamic way of mending fences, and Islam will tell us who should play the major role in this process, and how.

German and Jews can not guide us in this particular case.

Instead of coming out with your precious one liners,it would be helpful to point out how I don't know my history well.

This forum will be most fruitful if the practicability and the format of such apology or even a format to display an attitude that is atleast indicative of any apolgy can be devised by all participating Pak & Bangla members through exchange of views.

Musharraf's apology is considered as a official statement of Pakistan as he was the CE at that time. About trials; do you want us to try people who have gone to the grave...? Do you want each and every Pakistani to come and say sorry to Bangladesh for what happened? Agreed atrocities were committed; but isn't forgiving the others fault the way to go as we are muslims?

See the history of islam; at the battle of karbala; Zainul Abideen AS (son of Hussain AS) gave water to hurmala who had killed Ali Asghar AS with a spear. Why is that sense of forgiveness missing amongst muslims?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom