What's new

Bangladesh urges Pakistan apology for 1971 ‘crimes’

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is good. So then where is this going?

Where it suppose to go? The chapter needs to be closed. Is it not where it should go? The chapter will remain open as long as those outstanding issues are not resolved. The legacy passed on to the newer generation and will keep passing on if not closed. Not good for Pakistan neither for Bangladesh. Few people suggested, that Pakistan should ignore it which will only hurt Pakistan.

Ignoring something that is in itself a negative influence will help negate it’s impact in this case. Pakistanis should seek a better relationship with BD despite these impulsive, overly-nationalistic and counter-productive outbursts. Hopefully newer generations of our BD friends will kick this habit of invoking blustering inconsequential dramatics against Pakistan largely based unsubstantiated stereotypes when electorally convenient…

Last edited:
Just recently on an islamic forum our B'Deshi brother had this to say," may Allah destroy Pakistan & its people". This guy is in his 20's and acting like he was an adult in 71 & knows everything about everything. I did not say anything in reply but regardless, on a muslim forum , one muslim would invoke the name of Allah for the destruction of another muslim country is sad.

On another forum these B'deshi folks we r like, hey if anyone from Pak wants to be our friend , they must first apologize. I am thinking , WTH?? Imagine you are teen or however old & you try to make friends with them but they want an apology on a personal leave as well?

I also remember this chic in Washington who told me that her mom told her that pakistani men are bad. The next day I see her buying Vodka for her mom !!!
Anyways, It seemed like even her 12 yrs old cousin had something to say about Pakistan so she ended up getting dumped. Sorry !

I feel no ill will against anyone but then I wont put up with that much hate.

I guess everyone owes everyone an apology e.g Muslims to Hindus ( those muslims would also include muslims from India, Pak & B"desh , offcourse & Arabia!!!)
In any case was it worth it to separate ? What happened after 71?
before I end this reply, I did not mean to offend my brothers/ from BD..............if I did, my apologies in advance. But I must say that this I s not the time for muslims to play country- country but to stick together as an ummah.

Any Pakistani who says anything against Bangladesh is like he is saying against Pakistan b/c BD was the part of Pakistan and vice versa. The problem was political so why hate Pakistan?? Why don’t hate those politicians and military rulers who were responsible for all the mess??

We can seek apology after all they are still our brothers but we should settle our matters ourselves and rest of the damn world should stay out of it.

BD people should also consider their behavior also and I remember the incident of 1999 world cup when we lost to BD and Wasim akram said that we lost to our brothers(remember BD got the test status after that and Pakistan had already qualified for super eight). But the response from Hasina Wajid was so inflaming that many Pakistanis thought that did Wasim say the right thing?

Just recently on an islamic forum our B'Deshi brother had this to say," may Allah destroy Pakistan & its people". This guy is in his 20's and acting like he was an adult in 71 & knows everything about everything. I did not say anything in reply but regardless, on a muslim forum , one muslim would invoke the name of Allah for the destruction of another muslim country is sad.

On another forum these B'deshi folks we r like, hey if anyone from Pak wants to be our friend , they must first apologize. I am thinking , WTH?? Imagine you are teen or however old & you try to make friends with them but they want an apology on a personal leave as well?

I also remember this chic in Washington who told me that her mom told her that pakistani men are bad. The next day I see her buying Vodka for her mom !!!
Anyways, It seemed like even her 12 yrs old cousin had something to say about Pakistan so she ended up getting dumped. Sorry !

I feel no ill will against anyone but then I wont put up with that much hate.

I guess everyone owes everyone an apology e.g Muslims to Hindus ( those muslims would also include muslims from India, Pak & B"desh , offcourse & Arabia!!!)
In any case was it worth it to separate ? What happened after 71?
before I end this reply, I did not mean to offend my brothers/ from BD..............if I did, my apologies in advance. But I must say that this I s not the time for muslims to play country- country but to stick together as an ummah.

It is best to control your emotions with such people and not get too heated. Btw I don't understand why we expect one muslim country to love another one. They very well can hate us. Nationality and self-interest comes first so it is unreasonable to be surprised by a fellow muslim country's citizens hating us.

I find this kind of thinking more commonly amongst Pakistanis rather than others. I don't know why Pakistanis feel the duty and burden of creating a united muslim world. To hell with people that hate Pakistan, even if they are muslim.

It is best to control your emotions with such people and not get too heated. Btw I don't understand why we expect one muslim country to love another one. They very well can hate us. Nationality and self-interest comes first so it is unreasonable to be surprised by a fellow muslim country's citizens hating us.

I find this kind of thinking more commonly amongst Pakistanis rather than others. I don't know why Pakistanis feel the duty and burden of creating a united muslim world. To hell with people that hate Pakistan, even if they are muslim.

Sub continent has the world’s biggest Muslim population. Pakistan came into being on the name of Islam and that’s why it is our duty to work for the unification of Muslim ummah. What a shame that the only Muslim Country in the world where some people (not all) hate us is our former part. The problem is that the political problem divided the nation and we don’t have those silly politicians alive now who disintegrated the country. So why have baseless hatred? Why let the young generation having this baseless hatred in their hearts while none of them have done anything wrong?

By their nature Pakistanis are better muslims .................. believe me when I say this. I ve been all around the world.
In any case we have an obligation to our brothers/sisters, whoever they are & where ever they are. if nothing else, inshallah we will at least be rewarded for our good intentions!!!!

We cannot claim that we are better Muslims but we have good intentions towards every other Muslim country. We might have committed mistakes but we are humans and everybody does mistakes so we need to clear the mess and build more than brotherly relations with every other Muslim country in the world, starting from the sub-continent.

Just forgive each other and join this:

Pakistan Defence Forum - Pakistan-Bangladesh Friendship and Cooperation Group

Last edited:
Sub continent has the world’s biggest Muslim population. Pakistan came into being on the name of Islam and that’s why it is our duty to work for the unification of Muslim ummah. What a shame that the only Muslim Country in the world where some people (not all) hate us is our former part. The problem is that the political problem divided the nation and we don’t have those silly politicians alive now who disintegrated the country. So why have baseless hatred? Why let the young generation having this baseless hatred in their hearts while none of them have done anything wrong?

The hatred and suspicion erupt and solidify from a single set of questions---Why the people of West pakistan did not raise any protest to atrocity excess during '71? Were all of them had been so oblivious of the disparity and later what had been happening to 'so-called' brothers ? Why still many Pak brothers are arroragnt enough as well to consider themselves 'better muslims' [which infact confirms inferiority] ?

Unless sure of any tangible posibble change in the mind-set (stemmed from above questions), both Bangladesh & Pakistan people should perhaps better stay at arm's length till it is determined whether such co-op is desired for the sake of Islam or advantage in global political strategy ?

If it turns out to be a political move (using Islam as slogan) as was in the past, who knows what further sufferings may befall on Bangladesh in the name of making out the loss.

If it is for the cause of Islam, then admittance of disparity for years and atrocities of the past, and shedding off of arrogance of the present---or even an apology---will never appear as a difficult issue, and thus sincerety will be displayed.

This forum displays that many Pak brothers do not admit the wrongs and are averse to apology.

This mist of mysteries are preventing many Bangladeshis to extend out their hands, yet most of those including myself prefer 'co-operation of the highest order & scale' with Pakistan & its people---for the cause of Islam.

Last edited:
So after 40 years , bangladeshis have finally woken up .
i dont think pakistan has any obligation to apologize 40 years after the conflict

Anyway, most bangladeshis in this forum think that india was the mastermind behind this breaking up of the islamic empire

so why make pakistan apologize?? you people should demonstrate in front of the indian high commission and seek apology from them

cheers

So after 40 years , bangladeshis have finally woken up .
i dont think pakistan has any obligation to apologize 40 years after the conflict

Anyway, most bangladeshis in this forum think that india was the mastermind behind this breaking up of the islamic empire

so why make pakistan apologize?? you people should demonstrate in front of the indian high commission and seek apology from them

cheers

You are even not asked to think so. You have over 100 reasons not to want so---the smallest is you never want Pak & Bangla people come closer to each other.

Most or all Bangladeshis think that India (perhaps later advised by Israel) noted the rift the pre-1971 disparity had been causing, and India just had been looking for the opportunity. The trigger to the fire was again provided by Pak Army crack-down in 25th night.

So, India got the opportunity to play its own role---never for the love of Bangladesh people but reap its own benefit of the life-time.

Even now your post is trying to do the same: Keep both Pakistan and Bangladesh at far ends----lest apology brings them closer.

What India abhors most even now is Pak-Bangla intimate co-operation.

Why India is so close to USA, Israel, Russia but not liked by any of its neighbours : peolples of Pakistan, Maldives, Srilanka, Bangladesh and Nepal, China ? Answer to this riddle is also very important to be realized by all.

The hatred and suspicion erupt and solidify from a single set of questions---Why the people of West pakistan did not raise any protest to atrocity excess during '71? Were all of them had been so oblivious of the disparity and later what had been happening to 'so-called' brothers ? Why still many Pak brothers are arroragnt enough as well to consider themselves 'better muslims' [which infact confirms inferiority] ?

Unless sure of any tangible posibble change in the mind-set (stemmed from above questions), both Bangladesh & Pakistan people should perhaps better stay at arm's length till it is determined whether such co-op is desired for the sake of Islam or advantage in global political strategy ?

If it turns out to be a political move (using Islam as slogan) as was in the past, who knows what further sufferings may befall on Bangladesh in the name of making out the loss.

If it is for the cause of Islam, then admittance of disparity for years and atrocities of the past, and shedding off of arrogance of the present---or even an apology---will never appear as a difficult issue, and thus sincerety will be displayed.

This forum displays that many Pak brothers do not admit the wrongs and are averse to apology.

This mist of mysteries are preventing many Bangladeshis to extend out their hands, yet most of those including myself prefer 'co-operation of the highest order & scale' with Pakistan & its people---for the cause of Islam.

Pakistan has been suffering from the feudalism since its independence. The answer of your question that why people of Pakistan did not wake up during 1971 is as simple as they were unaware of their rights and you can see a clear improvement in our society after free media and increasing number of educated people.

East Pakistan was not the only province in which operation was conducted; Baluchistan, Karachi and NWFP are the other places where operation was conducted. Now what would you call it????

Political issues should not affect people’s life and separation is not the solution for all of the problems.

I guess musharraf already gave a statement recognizing the blunder of 1971. What more could bangladesh ask for? Moreover what kind of apology you want and what constitues and apology? Do you want all of Pakistan to sign a petition that yes we were wrong and send it to bangladesh...?

Most of the high-ups of that time are either dead or have their legs hanging in the grave. 4 decades later i think we should be thinking ahead; not beating around the bush. Atrocities were committed from both sides; enough is enough...

You are even not asked to think so. You have over 100 reasons not to want so---the smallest is you never want Pak & Bangla people come closer to each other.

Most or all Bangladeshis think that India (perhaps later advised by Israel) noted the rift the pre-1971 disparity had been causing, and India just had been looking for the opportunity. The trigger to the fire was again provided by Pak Army crack-down in 25th night.

So, India got the opportunity to play its own role---never for the love of Bangladesh people but reap its own benefit of the life-time.

Even now your post is trying to do the same: Keep both Pakistan and Bangladesh at far ends----lest apology brings them closer.

What India abhors most even now is Pak-Bangla intimate co-operation.

Why India is so close to USA, Israel, Russia but not liked by any of its neighbours : peolples of Pakistan, Maldives, Srilanka, Bangladesh and Nepal, China ? Answer to this riddle is also very important to be realized by all.

I dont at all mind bangladesh and Pakistan coming together.
To tell you the truth, both are enemies for us . So , it doesn't make an inch of a difference if both come together or not

Btw , we have very good relations with maldives and nepal . In nepal's case , yes, the maoists are definetely anti india. But , they are few in number.

Otherwise , yes you are right. we dont have good relations with our neighbours. Nothing much that we can do about it. :cheers:

Pakistan has been suffering from the feudalism since its independence. The answer of your question that why people of Pakistan did not wake up during 1971 is as simple as they were unaware of their rights and you can see a clear improvement in our society after free media and increasing number of educated people.

East Pakistan was not the only province in which operation was conducted; Baluchistan, Karachi and NWFP are the other places where operation was conducted. Now what would you call it????

Political issues should not affect people’s life and separation is not the solution for all of the problems.

Sitiuations in all the then-provinces were not equitable. Particularly, if I am to remind, Sk. Mujib and his party were denied the rightful premiership after all years of disparity. Seperation was then the only recourse as West Pak people---as you claim---had been unaware of their own rights (unfortunately having politicians and an army agile enough to jump on others). Perhaps that jolt made you wake up.

Now, to go back long way again, both parties require to generate confidence in each other that this time both are aware of Islam and others' right. The task will be more on the particular party who created disparity and caused atrocities and enacted operations on other the-then-provinces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom