What's new

Bangladesh to take Ambassador taxis

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
That Maruti 800 is pretty lousy quality.

How long it's been there? :confused:

Well, it looks sturdy :P

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

What's the engine displacement of the Sumo?

826355d1318516205-tata-sumo-gold-refreshed-sumo-a4-sumo-gold-leaflet-bs3-bs4-f-ai.jpg

826356d1318516205-tata-sumo-gold-refreshed-sumo-a4-sumo-gold-leaflet-bs3-bs4-b-ai.jpg

Tata Motors has launched an updated version of its popular MUV Sumo, called Sumo Gold. The Sumo Gold gets a slightly updated look and new powertrains

There are two engine options, a BS-4 compliant CR4 Turbo motor that churns out 84bhp and 25.5kgm of torque and, according to Tata, delivers a fuel economy of 14.7kpl. The second engine option is a BS-3 compliant 3-litre DI motor that is good for 69bhp at 3,000rpm and 23kgm of torque at 1000 to 2000rpm.

we use toyota n all japanese cars coz they r less costly n long lasting
indian motors r not long lasting cheap material :D

Point duly noted. Will come back to it when you can atleast make an autorickshaw all by yourself.

A 3 liter engined vehicle would fetch a very high price in Bangladesh. Duties are implemented according to the vehicle's engine displacement.

Yeah I know, it's weird :P But that's how the ministers think.

A 2.7 liter Landcruiser Prado costs 150 lacs whereas an actual Landcruiser can cost 350 lacs.

Yes I know, it's shocking and appalling :D

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Point duly noted.

Bangladeshi roads are harsh.

Looks like lot of rich guys here, well yeah its norm to make fun of India and Indian products so go ahead.

One thing for sure for a lower middle class guy maruti 800 or tata indica or Wagon R (the ones u call crappy quality) can be Mercedes Benz, who cares what you say about quality, the buyer is happy. His kids are happy too. About sturdiness of Ambassador its a tank in car's shape, saved many politicians from blasts even IED's once or twice i know of.

Bangladeshi roads are harsh.

So is Indian roads (eventhough its improving) and Indians are not less a maniac behind wheels but both Maruti 800 & Amby had good track record in India. Pls don't blame the inefficiency of infrastructure on the machines using it.

Looks like lot of rich guys here, well yeah its norm to make fun of India and Indian products so go ahead.

One thing for sure for a lower middle class guy maruti 800 or tata indica or Wagon R (the ones u call crappy quality) can be Mercedes Benz, who cares what you say about quality, the buyer is happy. His kids are happy too. About sturdiness of Ambassador its a tank in car's shape, saved many politicians from blasts even IED's once or twice i know of.

20031024004001802.jpg

Andhra CM's Ambassador (armored) car after being blown up by Maoists in 2003. He survived with minor injuries.

Well, to be frank other than taxis, certified pre-owned vehicles from Japan rule the roads in Bangladesh for the past 30 years. I remember as a kid during the 80's. People bought many 800s, but they simply didn't last too long unlike the imported Japanese ones.

I am not saying that we all drive Rolls Royce, but it is just that Maruti Suzuki cars need to prove themselves more in the minds of Bangladesh customers relative to the ones imported from Japan.

By the way, the cars in Toyota and Honda showrooms are all manufactured in India, and they are good but more expensive than the reconditioned ones.

Although, Indian trucks and buses (especially Tata) are extremely popular in Bangladesh. And they have a good track record.

Also, Maruti Suzuki isn't exactly Indian, it's Japanese. Maruti is only a name used in India. Past Suzuki models have been known to suffer from quality. So, no need to cry a river :D

Other than commercial vehicles, Tata cars don't dominate the roads. I am yet to see a single Nano on the roads of Bangladesh.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Andhra CM's Ambassador (armored) car after being blown up by Maoists in 2003. He survived with minor injuries.

'Armored cars' are only for government official use.

Point duly noted. Will come back to it when you can atleast make an autorickshaw all by yourself.

we'r making motor bikes very soon cars n trucks.
but i'm not sure how much gud quality it will b :D

Not to mention we take great pride owning and driving our own (new) cars which are made in India, and we take care of our cars too ,i have hardly seen a car with that kind of scratches and dents as being displayed in this thread ever running on roads ,both family cars and cabs , i mean, seriously,which customer would ride such a taxi??? The condition of car itself gives good impression of drivers who are driving it ..

I have been riding these throughout my life, and I live in a place far posh than any of you pakistanis and bangladeshis live(if you live in your native land). As if you lot go to loo by ferrari.

No wonder you have made a portrait of Bangladesh like all of us are drowning under the sea and people are dying of famine and all but sadly its not the case here!! India is richer than Bangladesh but there is no dearth of rich people in Bangladesh!! Some suburbs of Dhaka like Gulshan, Banani, Baridhara, parts of Dhanmondi and Khulshi in Chittagong can be comparable to any posh area, at least to Mumbai, Delhi and any part of the sub continent!!

Well, to be frank other than taxis, certified pre-owned vehicles from Japan rule the roads in Bangladesh for the past 30 years. I remember as a kid during the 80's. People bought many 800s, but they simply didn't last too long unlike the imported Japanese ones.

I am not saying that we all drive Rolls Royce, but it is just that Maruti Suzuki cars need to prove themselves more in the minds of Bangladesh customers relative to the ones imported from Japan.

May be it has to do with the way you drive as Maruti Suzuki is a synonym for quality and reliability in India and is still the largest car maker.

'Armored cars' are only for government official use.

True but it has also to do with the sturdiness of the car.

May be it has to do with the way you drive as Maruti Suzuki is a synonym for quality and reliability in India and is still the largest car maker.

I have seen people driving 95' Corollas and runs fine. Absolute legendary reliability. Now that speaks volume :D

Back
Top Bottom