What's new

Bangladesh to take Ambassador taxis

Yes. They are bullet-proof on run flat tyres. Bullet proofed to 7.62 mm rounds and grenade attack. Its a very ugly car but works well bullet-proofed.
I guess it is because we were a closed economy, and netas did not want to show off. Also it is easier to use for security you can buy hundreds of them for years, and they will all look the same(vital part of vip security)
You can bullet proof other cars too, so nothing special there.

Yes, we do. But only assemble with foreign parts. Progoti is one of them. We don't have enough technological infrastructure to actually manufacture them. They are still very expensive (especially after AL came to power) due to high duties. I really wonder where all the tax revenue goes(?)

I have an idea. Why don't you buy Amby itself lock,stock and barrel. The Hindujas may be very happy to sell it as its sales are declining in India. Whatever said and done, Amby is built like a tank perfect for pot holed roads. Am sure it will be famous in the roads of Dhaka as 'Rickshaw Buster'.

Off topic: There was a joke in my place where the'backside' of an actress was compared to the 'backside' of Ambassador.What can I say, I can never look the car in the same way again.;)

nope gugaoon with gawader and gilgit no problem for me :lol: i wonder when you guys try to make us fool with numbers and big comments only you guys missed we live with indians and we work with indians and indians are part of our daily life :rofl:

I believe in your words, many Pakistanis told me Gwadar is will equal Dubai in few years. That's the point of over-confidence in your country.

cheap replacement of Our Thhela garis.....

It wont be cheap... 1500 cc will cost 15 lakh and 1800 cc will cost 22 lakh .... n 10 million dollar assembly plant looks more like a scam. It is a ploy to sell this back dated model car with such a way too high price. Hardly if peoples are not fool is not gonna buy that car with such a high price.

It wont be cheap... 1500 cc will cost 15 lakh and 1800 cc will cost 22 lakh .... n 10 million dollar assembly plant looks more like a scam. It is a ploy to sell this back dated model car with such a way too high price. Hardly if peoples are not fool is not gonna buy that car with such a high price.

Thats way too much. In India Amby starts at around 4.5 lakh rupees.

By manipulating the taxation power, the AL govt has almost successfully banned (virtual) the used/reconditioned, but high grade Japanese cars. The Japanese Yen has become expensive and BD Taka is weak against the Dollar. So, it is a double punch for the importers and retail sellers of these lovely cars. A 1500 car has become Tk.350,000 more expensive than before.

Now, suddenly enters the India built cars to BD market with their bodies built with thin sheet metal used as cladding material for the rural houses in Bangladesh. After a few years of use when these cars go down, they will fill up the demand of this wall cladding, no doubt.

By manipulating the taxation power, the AL govt has almost successfully banned (virtual) the used/reconditioned, but high grade Japanese cars. The Japanese Yen has become expensive and BD Taka is weak against the Dollar. So, it is a double punch for the importers and retail sellers of these lovely cars. A 1500 car has become Tk.350,000 more expensive than before.

Now, suddenly enters the India built cars to BD market with their bodies built with thin sheet metal used as cladding material for the rural houses in Bangladesh. After a few years of use when these cars go down, they will fill up the demand of this wall cladding, no doubt.

Don't diss something for the sake of dissing. This car has a nice track record in India where it carried everyone from PM, Cabinet Ministers, CMs,bureaucrats, Army generals to Panchayat presidents. Even now its the most widely used official vehicle in India.

Nobody is begging you or your compatriots to buy this car..you are free to buy Ferrari if you want.

Nitol group in joint venture with Hindustan group to sell crap indian cars in Bangladesh. Taxis in Dhaka do not last long, might aswell as give them crap to begin with.

I recently went to a Maruti Suzuki showroom. Apart from the Grand Vitara (which is Japanese made :lol:), all the other available models made in India are damn small and ugly :lol: (no offense to Indians, but that's what they are marketing).

It's a shame really, last year a Probox costed 7-8 lacs. Now it's 14 lacs!

Increased duties by AL government and strengthening of the Yen are the culprits.

I have to pay 25 lacs for an Axio :cry:

lol my dad bought a mercedes c class for 84 lacs. 84 lacs for a freakin C class merc ...worlds going bonkers

Nitol group in joint venture with Hindustan group to sell crap indian cars in Bangladesh. Taxis in Dhaka do not last long, might aswell as give them crap to begin with.

Corolla:
bangladesh_2004.1101223380.taxis.jpg

Maruti 800:
image_195_40554.jpg

Hope the Ambassadors last better :lol:

Bro, the well kept car are privately owned, the ones that are in a mess are run by companies and the drivers that the company rent them to drive like mad men with no care. Trust me brother i am a car fanatic, if you treat your car like that, even a beemer would look like a baby taxi :P

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

So i fully support this crappy indian ambassador brigade in BD, atleast Indians are investing in BD, gives us some economic boost.

Bro, the well kept car are privately owned, the ones that are in a mess are run by companies and the drivers that the company rent them to drive like mad men with no care. Trust me brother i am a car fanatic, if you treat your car like that, even a beemer would look like a baby taxi :P

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

So i fully support this crappy indian ambassador brigade in BD, atleast Indians are investing in BD, gives us some economic boost.

Bangalis are terrible drivers.

enjoy your new taxi guys its life span in more then F-16 life :lol:

Back
Top Bottom