What's new

Bangladesh to take Ambassador taxis

because you are kidding here with me let me tell you my assistant is from Chandigarh sector 26 and i work with him daily 8 hours i know what Chandigarh is .its medium city like silkot faisalabad here .becuase it has per capita in india so its better then islo :rofl: please stop it now

have you ever been to chandigarh. if chandigarh is bad then cities like london and many american cities are bad too. chandigarh may not have many picz in net but it will surprise you once you see it in real.. in chandigarh there are more cars than licenced individuals and its rich

Last time the complain was too flimsy car(maruti 800) and this time it will be too strong car that breaks riskshaws.
I think it will be flop because bangladeshis like second hand japanese cars(which are better than amby)

Ambassador is a good car for bangladeshi roads however, the chances for success is very little.

By the time, it goes up and running, or metro system will be up. Furthermore, there are too many vehicles on the roads of bd anyway, it is very hard to get license, not forgetting the rising cost of cars.

Crap car!
They are better off buying Kawasaki Ninja 650's and Jugaading it with more seats:P

China sells J7, India sells Amby's so whats new, People will sell what people can afford to buy, anyways the costliest and most expensive cities are in Europe.

can't bangladesh make their own car!!!!??? I mean how hard it is...it would've helped create more jobs.

its something to be proud ? i think you never read abut islamabad ever in your dreams .just check it . some places of islamabad lahore karachi are you will not able to buy 1*1 metter after work 10 years kid . its not something to be proud but its sad that real state and luxury both going high day by day .if you think your chanai bombay delhi are best luxury i will say they are not a sh1t infront of islamabad .if you ever look it .

FOR MORE INFO READ HAILIRY CLINTON BOOK :lol:

It's not only about price, it's also about liberal society, tolerant culture, ability to do or say whatever the **** I want and not to get gunned down etc and last but not the least some place hangout at weekends ;-)

I have seen pics of Islo and didn't find it impressive, may be good for privileged segment of society but not so for aam aadmi.

cng-banner.jpg

Anyway only way indian auto makers can successfully inroad into BD market is by selling ricksaws, that's the vehicle of choice of bangladeshis. Heck there are 1 million rickshaws in streets of dhaka :/

s_s29_RTR2RPWJ.jpg

^surely you are counting out bd from your country list! Bd and posh are mutually exclusive. :-D

Anyway I don't own am amby, but they work great as yellow cabs, has great service life and perfect for subcontinental roads.

as someone has said, they are to India what beetle is to Germany.

Well, hope they are better than those battered Maruti 800s :rofl:

I have been riding Public Transprt all my life and I lived near the World's Costliest Home (Antilla) far posh than any of you PDFians (if you live in your native land). As if you have to loo by Ferrari.

Public transport in Bangladesh sucks. PERIOD!

Anyway only way indian auto makers can successfully inroad into BD market is by selling ricksaws, that's the vehicle of choice of bangladeshis. Heck there are 1 million rickshaws in streets of dhaka :/

Oh believe me, it's way more than that :lol:

can't bangladesh make their own car!!!!??? I mean how hard it is...it would've helped create more jobs.

Yes, we do. But only assemble with foreign parts. Progoti is one of them. We don't have enough technological infrastructure to actually manufacture them. They are still very expensive (especially after AL came to power) due to high duties. I really wonder where all the tax revenue goes(?)

Ambassador is a "Bengali cultural" thing? I've heard most of the Amby's are sold in W.Bengal especially yellow taxis.

Good for Rear Seat Passengers as the space and comfort is better than some of the sedans available. but, being a WW-2 machinary how much expensive it is to maintain Amby's? I don't know, how taxi owners maintains them.

I've had a Royal Enfield Bullet(another vintage machinery) and how much money I spent on maintenance.

Yes, we do. But only assemble with foreign parts. Progoti is one of them. We don't have enough technological infrastructure to actually manufacture them. They are still very expensive (especially after AL came to power) due to high duties. I really wonder where all the tax revenue goes(?)
You can get technology off-the-shelf now a days, but you need economy of scale. You can achieve those sales figure by taxing other cars heavily. Not sure that the best way forward though.

ohh well thanks dear i am sure even this thread go til 2090 we can't agree . so lets back on topic .

this is same car which indian leaders use ? is there any different in those cars ?

Yes. They are bullet-proof on run flat tyres. Bullet proofed to 7.62 mm rounds and grenade attack. Its a very ugly car but works well bullet-proofed.

Back
Top Bottom