What's new

Bangladesh to take Ambassador taxis

The legitimacy of the photo may or may not be debatable but the point I made stands true.You can either debate that or shut your hole up instead of pulling facts out of your rearside.Ta!

If the legitimacy of the evidence is questionable, it tampers the whole trial process. Please bring forward facts not ad hominem, oh wait your only intent was to act in male fide.

Typing latin wont save you from the sorry spankin you are about to get bete.
I said Pakistan is going to be biggest fenced in area in the whole world, which another thing all Pakis should be proud of. This fact does not depend upon veracity of the photo, capiche?

INDIA AND MIDDLE EAST ON A REGULAR DAY--

zfLJ5.jpg

CHINA AND JAPAN AT NIGHT--

DC1Nu.jpg

THESE ARE OFFICIAL NASA PICS ON A REGULAR DAY--

the west part of china is very less developed compared to east and the tokyo is massive!!

see north korea LOL

AFRICA IS JUNGLE LOL........

DELHI-MUMBAI combo is as great as BEIJING-SHANGHAI....

and hong-kong is class apart...

Typing latin wont save you from the sorry spankin you are about to get bete.
I said Pakistan is going to be biggest fenced in area in the whole world, which another thing all Pakis should be proud of. This fact does not depend upon veracity of the photo, capiche?

Please keep me out of your bondage fetishes, pretty sure nobody in Pakistan cares, you can spend all your scarce resources in maintaining it. The biggest fenced border is the US-Mexico border.

Govt. has already banned import of reconditioned cars which are more than 8-10 years old and at the same time imposed an unimaginable tax rate over the import of reconditioned cars which are only 2-3 years old.But they decreased tax rate on brand new cars.Now,it doesn't make sense why would anyone on earth go for this 1950s car when govt. is trying to get rid of old cars.Or its just another example of BAL's dalali !!

Please keep me out of your bondage fetishes, pretty sure nobody in Pakistan cares, you can spend all your scarce resources in maintaining it. The biggest fenced border is the US-Mexico border.
I think the biggest fenced border is Indo-Bangladesh border.

Govt. has already banned import of reconditioned cars which are more than 8-10 years old and at the same time imposed an unimaginable tax rate over the import of reconditioned cars which are only 2-3 years old.But they decreased tax rate on brand new cars.Now,it doesn't make sense why would anyone on earth go for this 1950s car when govt. is trying to get rid of old cars.Or its just another example of BAL's dalali !!

Reconditioned car known to increase air pollution. Such cars more than 10 years are banned in Delhi also to control air pollution.

Reconditioned car known to increase air pollution. Such cars more than 10 years are banned in Delhi also to control air pollution.
Sounds funny for a third world country like Bangladesh,while buying car people in here only care about reliability.Only Japanese cars are solid and affordable at the same time,be it reconditioned or brand new.

But I said Pakistan is the biggest fenced in area you idiot

This car is a relic indeed, but it just maybe the car that can take a beating from Dhaka roads and keep on going.

Hindustan Motors to enter neighbour’s mkt, join hands with local group for assembly unit near Dhaka.

While there has been a sharp decline in the sales of Hindustan Motors' iconic Ambassador car in recent years, the oldest face of the Indian automobile industry may get a new lease on life in Bangladesh's taxicab market.

The CK Birla group automobile company has entered into an “in-principle understanding” with Bangladeshi business conglomerate Intraco Group. The latter is to assemble Ambassadors at a factry being built at Savar, near the Bangladeshi capital of Dhaka. The plant is to come up in two years.

“Initially, we will be exporting the Ambassador to Bangladesh as a complete built unit (CBU), which has already started on a trial basis. When the volume attains a certain number, we will also export this as completely knocked down (CKD). We have entered into an in-principle understanding with Intraco, which will do the assembling and marketing,” said Manoj Jha, managing director, Hindustan Motors. “The taxicab market of Bangladesh is huge and we are sure this will augment our volumes.

Though Jha declined to comment on the volumes, an official close to the development said, “They will assemble 200 cars per month initially. Intraco is negotiating with the Bangladeshi government, which will buy the taxicabs. The number is likely to go up in a couple of years.”

In 2010-11, HM sold 10,097 vehicles, compared to 11,003 in 2009-10. Sales of the Ambassador dropped to about 6,600 last year, compared to a little over 8,000 in the previous year. It has since further declined, with sales so far being only half of the previous year.

Once widely popular for both personal and institutional use, the Ambassador lost its popularity, despite India becoming a hot spot for global car makers. The car’s diesel engines (1.5 litre and 2.0 litre) are yet to attain BS-IV emission norms, made mandatory in 13 major cities from April 2010.

According to a company spokesperson, work is on in collaboration with an European company to develop a Euro IV-compliant diesel engine and HM is expected to attain this by the end of 2012.

Meanwhile, it is working on a new-look Ambassador, with changes in both exterior and interior design, to attract the younger generation. The vehicle, which the company believes will help it stay relevant in the present market, is likely to be unveiled next year.

Apart from its Ambassador, manufactured at the Uttarpara plant near here, HM in technical collaboration with Mitsubishi of Japan produces the Lancer, Pajero, Cedia, Motero, Outlander and Evo X at Tiruvallur, near Chennai. Variants of its mini truck, the Winner, are manufactured at both Uttarpara and its Pithampur facility in Madhya Pradesh.

Bangladesh to take Ambassador taxis

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl::rofl: What a fake news:rofl::rofl:

People would have believed this if you said Tata or Maruti or Mahindra... but Ambasedor.... in you dream...

i guess better a clankety old ambassador than a maruti suzuki ehh? :laugh:

i heard about what happened

Been many months since this thread was opened.

Not a single Ambassador on the streets :rolleyes:

This car is a relic indeed, but it just maybe the car that can take a beating from Dhaka roads and keep on going.

The Toyotas do fine.

Back
Top Bottom